Jiji's Indoor LED Soil, Blue Cheese Grow Journal 2017

Day 13 timelapse

www_GIFCreator_me_bluecheese_day13.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 13

The temp inside the tent is 30C
Moistened the top of the soil and added about half litter of water on the bottom of the bucket

Best Regards,
Jiji

Hey Jiji, curious as to your method of watering. I use fabric pots as well (smart pots). Are you watering this way because they are seedlings?
The way I have been doing it is when the pots feel light when lifted, I water until I get about 10-20% drainage. The pots sit on top of wire racks that sit on the saucers, and they drain into the saucers. The racks allow the pot to get air from top, sides and bottoms.

IMG_201420.JPG

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on watering! Your system looks very interesting.
Before putting the seed in the pot I have made some major watering and since then I'm only adding just a little bit so to keep the top of the soil moist, it becomes a little dusty inside the tent when the top of the soil dries and the fan is blowing over it. I have done this almost everyday. But the pot is still pretty heavy and I haven't done any real watering except 2-3 times when I put about half a liter of water but not directly in the pot but on the plate where the pot is sitting. The soil automatically sucks all the water. Now I'm waiting pot's bottom to become fully dry and then will do some solid watering including nutrition.

Sent from my SM-N910C using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on watering! Your system looks very interesting.
Before putting the seed in the pot I have made some major watering and since then I'm only adding just a little bit so to keep the top of the soil moist, it becomes a little dusty inside the tent when the top of the soil dries and the fan is blowing over it. I have done this almost everyday. But the pot is still pretty heavy and I haven't done any real watering except 2-3 times when I put about half a liter of water but not directly in the pot but on the plate where the pot is sitting. The soil automatically sucks all the water. Now I'm waiting pot's bottom to become fully dry and then will do some solid watering including nutrition.

Sent from my SM-N910C using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't pretend to be an expert, but it is my understanding that you want the root to grow down in search of water. If you keep the top moist, the roots can spread sideways, rather than down. They also need a "dry" period. When my pots feel light, I can pretty much be sure that most of the moisture in the soil has been used.

On the other hand, your ladies look good, so whatever works for you is the way to go. :high-five:

I don't pretend to be an expert, but it is my understanding that you want the root to grow down in search of water. If you keep the top moist, the roots can spread sideways, rather than down. They also need a "dry" period. When my pots feel light, I can pretty much be sure that most of the moisture in the soil has been used.

On the other hand, your ladies look good, so whatever works for you is the way to go. :high-five:

When I'm moistening the top I'm looking just to make it wet without affecting the overall persistence of water in the pot, I'm not expert either but think this way I'm not influencing the roots so much or did I? Because in my opinion it's no more than 100ml of water, maybe even less. Now the plant is bigger enough that the canopy cover most of the top of the soil and I don't have any more the problem with the dust from the fan and probably there will be no need of any additional moistening. Maybe after topping when a new space open I'll do it again. Thanks for your input, really appreciate your attention and opinion!

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 14

The temp was 30C
Again added about a half litter of water on the bottom of the pot with the idea this to be the latest "mini" watering before waiting the pot to become fully dry and light and then to start with watering schedule that's expected to be around twice per week. With such a hot environment maybe will have to add one more watering day trough the week.

IMG_98812.jpg
IMG_98803.jpg
IMG_98825.jpg

Best Regards,
Jiji

When I'm moistening the top I'm looking just to make it wet without affecting the overall persistence of water in the pot, I'm not expert either but think this way I'm not influencing the roots so much or did I? Because in my opinion it's no more than 100ml of water, maybe even less. Now the plant is bigger enough that the canopy cover most of the top of the soil and I don't have any more the problem with the dust from the fan and probably there will be no need of any additional moistening. Maybe after topping when a new space open I'll do it again. Thanks for your input, really appreciate your attention and opinion!

Best Regards,
Jiji

Do you have a spray bottle/nebulizer? You could give the top soil (not the plant) just maybe two squirts max to prevent the soil upheaval and be totally sure to not be effecting the over all moisture if the root zone.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Do you have a spray bottle/nebulizer? You could give the top soil (not the plant) just maybe two squirts max to prevent the soil upheaval and be totally sure to not be effecting the over all moisture if the root zone.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Yes I was spraying very gently around the plant :)

Day 15

The temp in the tent was 29C in the morning and around 26C trough the day
No watering today
Turned back the cpu fan in use, it's slow rpm and looks just right for simulating light breeze :)

IMG_98842.jpg
IMG_98851.jpg
IMG_98871.jpg
IMG_98861.jpg

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 16 Timelapse

I have watered with 1.5L mixed with 0.75ml micro, 0.75ml grow and 0.75ml bloom by Advanced Nutrients.

www_GIFCreator_me_bluecheese_day16.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 17

The temp is about 25C, humidity 30%
I can clearly see there are 5 colas, so soon will do topping.

IMG_98935.jpg
IMG_98925.jpg
IMG_98913.jpg

Best Regards,
Jiji

Back
Top Bottom