Junior Grower First Time

Nice job on the training, looks perfect! :ganjamon:

Off to a rocky start but looking like they're doing better. I'm also currently on my first grow and also growing autos. From what I've heard if you're planning to top an auto you should do it on or before day 21. I topped one ( doing quadline training), doing LST only on one, and letting one go natural ( it had a rough start as well)
Following along here
StaySharp :)

Day 25, i found algae on WW1 soil. Should I do something to get rid of it?

Nice job on the training, looks perfect! :ganjamon:

Phew what a relief.

Give her some time. Not every kid is the same.
:ganjamon:

Yup i should stop comparing her with others, like a monster parent.

Off to a rocky start but looking like they're doing better. I'm also currently on my first grow and also growing autos. From what I've heard if you're planning to top an auto you should do it on or before day 21. I topped one ( doing quadline training), doing LST only on one, and letting one go natural ( it had a rough start as well)
Following along here
StaySharp :)

Welcome @Knifemaker420 :Rasta:

Thanks.

I just found the green things on soil might not be algae, it could be moss. Did moss kill plants? And how to identify algae or moss?

If concerned, you can top dress your pots with something that will block light, yet still allow good airflow across the soil to evaporate some water. I'm thinking a hay or straw, but there might be seeds in those so definitely get other opinions on what you can use, but speaking as another that knows little about dirt, I notce every other soil grower leaving the tops of their pots open to the air, so I can only assume they've encountered this before and still choose not to top dress their soil.

If concerned, you can top dress your pots with something that will block light, yet still allow good airflow across the soil to evaporate some water. I'm thinking a hay or straw, but there might be seeds in those so definitely get other opinions on what you can use, but speaking as another that knows little about dirt, I notce every other soil grower leaving the tops of their pots open to the air, so I can only assume they've encountered this before and still choose not to top dress their soil.

you got point. :D

Moss/algae - either one - if on the surface (it isn’t growing on the roots or consuming nutrients intended for the plant), there should be no concern.
:ganjamon:

This move away my worry, thanks man~

Day 26, man WW2 drink a lot!!! 2 days and I got to water it again, and WW1 begins to drink fast too.

Theres yellow leaf on WW2 bottom, is this some kind of nutrient deficiency sign? My phone added extra green color, it looks more yellow in real life.

Get your hands on some egg shells, maybe 3-4 egg shells, rinse out the slime and bake the shells on low heat for an hour or two, till the shell begin to brown. Let cool, then pulverize the shells, then lightly top dress the soil and that calcium will get watered in the next time you water. There's no visible signs of deficiency in my opinion, but from what I read, most soils are deficient of calcium and using egg shells is a cheap readily available source of calcium carbonate.

Are you intending to build a good soil mix or switch to hydro at some point?

Get your hands on some egg shells, maybe 3-4 egg shells, rinse out the slime and bake the shells on low heat for an hour or two, till the shell begin to brown. Let cool, then pulverize the shells, then lightly top dress the soil and that calcium will get watered in the next time you water. There's no visible signs of deficiency in my opinion, but from what I read, most soils are deficient of calcium and using egg shells is a cheap readily available source of calcium carbonate.

Are you intending to build a good soil mix or switch to hydro at some point?

I will try egg shells before next watering. No i do not intended to do so. Hydro will increase water bill which my landlord will definitely suspect. Ventilation hose is pointing to another living room, not to the window directly (to reduce suspect), bringing microbes indoor is really bad idea.

I will stick to this soil, add more perlite and use fabric pot. Keep observe until harvest, learn as much as I can within the limited material i could provide.

Yes, I am sure can buy CalMag. I seen the label CalMag before. Will go buy these few days.

CalMag + egg shells will give all the calcium and mag needed, but you may also need some nutes to supplement N-P-K, so I suggest buying a 2 part or 3 part nutrient solution, and not Advanced Nutrients because their line is PH perfect for hydro @ 5.8ph, but you'll want the ability to adjust PH up or down. Also, since you're intending to stay in your soil, learn how to amend soils so you can build your own. I forgot who suggested something called "clacka coots" or something that sounds like that, that looked like a great recipe. Also, I bet that recipe is very close to the Korean Farming link someone shared the other day.

man WW2 drink a lot!!! 2 days and I got to water it again, and WW1 begins to drink fast too.

When they get to the point that you have to water every day, they will be ready to pot up after a few of days of that.

Back
Top Bottom