Kandy Kush - CFL Grow - 1st time

Thanks bro (':, I was only growing the one plant :'(, Was my first attempt at growing, i was going to scrog it, i didnt think that i would need any more than one, as you can get quite big yields from scroging lst and defoliating, but i guess it was a noob move for me not to germinate a few in-case of males,

ohh and a said i wasnt going to be changing the lights for the flowering stage, as greenergrass asked if i was sticking with the same lights, Should i be changing them?

Im gonna be ordering some feminized seeds today and hopefully starting a new grow within the next week,

Im stuck on weather to order Kandy kush fem, or PPP fem, Reading up that PPP is quite a big yielder, however i did have fun with my kandy kush was great to LST with

Zac,

It wasn't all in vane, you did a great job on that plant, so the next go around will be a piece of cake! Take some pollen and save it in case you would like to try and pollinate a female. It'll save you some bucks on buying seeds!

+ Reps even though it was a male. :bravo:

hey man yea most people swap lights during flower unless you have got a duel spectrum bulb.
during the flower stage the plants prefer more of the red spectrum of light.
also cfl bulbs lack the penetration power of other types of bulbs :thumb:
so the lower parts of the plant generally don't receive very much light.
you can get red spectrum cfls but you would get a much larger yield if you use hps or leds during flower :peace:

Thanks sabo man (': , Just ordered some feminized white widow,They should be here soon and then im ready for round 2 ! haha

Also think im gonna set up a separate veg room, that way i can always use clones and not have to worry about seeds.

ohh yeah ive seen this allot, people using cfls for veg and then switching up.

I mean being a newbie grower im just focusing on getting the plant through its entire life cycle haha, and then at the end of it hopefully having a smokeable yield hahaha. Also just testing out techniques to growing as well.

But im sure once i know whats what, ill upgrade my grow setup and make the step up from cfls (':

Hey zac sorry about the male. It sucks to put so much time and love into a grow just to kill them. I had 3/4 seeds once in a grow that were males. Feminized seeds are the way to go and worth the extra $ IMO. Check out our sponsor bonzaseeds.com I've ordered twice from them with perfect service. I recommend every strain out there. Try em all!

Cool man iv seen some people get decent results with just cfl :high-five:
just so you know
CH-5-9-Light-Output-Chart.jpg

look forward to seeing your grow and sorry to hear about the male by the way.

You need to adjust that lumen output tho. The CFL's need to be almost on top of your plants in order to deliver the advertised lumen .. more then 2 inch away is a serious light loss. Not sure how that applies to HID.

When in veg use atleast 5,000 lumens and 80w per plant. You also need to use daylight cfl's that have a spectrum of 6500k. For flower you need a spectrum of 2700k or soft white. Hope that helps. You changed the schedule to 12/12 but never changed the spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom