Kassquatch's First Time Early Miss Auto Fem Full Outdoor In Planter - May 2018

Day 16: May 29th 2018

• Watered a bit when I woke up around her but not on her. Put a cut 1L bottle over top as a humidity shield. Was cloudy today and had a sprinkle of rain around 6pm but had the plastic on it and its sorta under a tree so it didn't get soaked. She's definitely growing taller though! Bought a pH/wetness tester on Amazon late last night and should be here in a day or two. First 3 pictures taken at 9:20am. Last 3 taken at 9:00pm.

Yesterdays (Day 15) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 15) Average daytime temp: 21°C
Yesterdays (Day 15-16) Average nighttime temp: 11°C
Yesterdays (Day 15) Average daytime relative humidity: ~50%
Yesterdays (Day 15-16) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~62%

morning mr.K, I hope the bottle trick worked, I had the same problem last year with a auto that did the same, got to where you at and never budged again, slowly died away.... But yours is looking healthy with all that green so stick it out and see what a beauty she becomes....:high-five:

Ya she definitely looks healthy from looking at her (camera never does justice) other than the curls.

Day 17: May 30th 2018

• Morning report: Lolo is definitely growing. Another level sprouting. It got a lot colder last night than I thought it would. Got down to 7°C. Probably a good thing I put the plastic bottle over for some protection at least. First 3 pictures taken at 9:30am.
  • Evening report: Lolo grew like an inch today. I think she likes the dome for humidity and heat. Decided to add a inch marker to track height (other than my finger for size). Now 2.5" tall. Last 3 pictures taken at 8:00pm.

Yesterdays (Day 16) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 16) Average daytime temp: 15°C
Yesterdays (Day 16-17) Average nighttime temp: 9°C
Yesterdays (Day 16) Average daytime relative humidity: ~55%
Yesterdays (Day 16-17) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~72%

Day 18: May 31st 2018

• Morning Report: Lolo grew even more over night. The top leaf is huge and the plastic bottle is almost not wide enough anymore. Shes now 3" tall. First 3 pictures taken at 9:30am.
  • Mid day report: Got my soil tester. pH is between 6-7 and wetness is good. Had a little rain before I tested. Middle 2 pictures take at 3:00pm.
  • Evening Report: Lolo's top leaf is just getting crazy big. She didn't grow much in height today, but did it width. Last 3 pictures taken at 8:45pm

Yesterdays (Day 17) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 17) Average daytime temp: 16°C
Yesterdays (Day 17-18) Average nighttime temp: 10°C
Yesterdays (Day 17) Average daytime relative humidity: ~50%
Yesterdays (Day 17-18) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~70%

Day 19: June 1st 2018

• Morning Report: Lolo did not like overnight. I didn't realize it would get so cold last night. Got down to 7°C. She is REALLY wimpy looking. Like to the point she is bending over and I put the stake beside it. Checked to see if the soil was too wet from the rain but it is still saying it is good. Same with pH. Don't know if I should leave the dome off or keep it on. I am thinking keeping it on since it is supposed to rain again. 2 pictures taken at 9:50am. Next report will be on Sunday (Day 21) as I am gone for 2 days camping.

Yesterdays (Day 18) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 18) Average daytime temp: 17°C
Yesterdays (Day 18-19) Average nighttime temp: 10°C
Yesterdays (Day 18) Average daytime relative humidity: ~52%
Yesterdays (Day 18-19) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~66%

aww soo cute...seems like mine were like that yesterday! they grow so fast :p

Also, Lolo is even wimpier! I don't think it like's the rain, even tho it doesnt seem to get much of it since its under a tree. I am really hoping the cold lastnight didnt kill her. She just looks pathetic now.

heres a approx 24 difference in the past day. Only thing that has changed is the bright sunny weather to cloudy and sprinkles and the 7C cold for an hour last night. Still have the dome on (other than for the pictures) Maybe I should take it off?

Day 20-21: June 2nd-3rd 2018

• Back from 2 days of camping and Lolo looks...better on top, worse down below. She's sprouting another layer but the bottom big leaves have got spots on them and one is withered. I still think it's too much water like others have told me. I have good drainage, with holes in the bottom, a rock layer, then dirt. Barely water it at all. I think this little bit of rain is just what she doesn't like. She's actually shrunk in height to under 3" now but that could be because of the lean she has from being wimpy. First 4 pictures taken at 1030am June 3rd.

Yesterdays (Day 19-20) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 19&20) Average daytime temp: 18°C
Yesterdays (Day 19-21) Average nighttime temp: 13°C
Yesterdays (Day 19&20) Average daytime relative humidity: ~55%
Yesterdays (Day 19-21 Average nighttime relative humidity: ~80%

Day 21: June 3rd 2018
  • Mid day report: It's raining like crazy today, so much that the tree isn't enough to cover the amount of rain, so I made a makeshift greenhouse/rain protector. First 2 pictures take at 3:30pm.
  • Evening Report: Same as the mid day report but keeping dry because of the plastic. Hopefully it helps! Last 3 pictures taken at 9:00pm

edited last post with evening report and photos, but then realized it wouldnt say there was an update, so I am posting this. I will add though that she is almost down to 2" tall from 3" which I hope she snaps out of once she dries up and get sun again.

Hi friend,

If I were you I would immediately plant a new seed in case the worse would happen. Last time I had plants looking like that they ALL actually never recovered. I gave them a few days to recover but they were actually getting better as time were going by. In my case it was due to root rot which seemed to be caused by overwatering + maybe bad medium ph.

I hope your baby will recover but I thought I would share my sad experience

I actually thought about doing that too. But I am also thinking that if 3 seeds dont make it this way, why would a fourth. and may have to change my approach.

I actually thought about doing that too. But I am also thinking that if 3 seeds dont make it this way, why would a fourth. and may have to change my approach.

Lil sharing again. This afternoon the ph of my reservoir was to high (around 7.30). It seems to be rising daily but from what I read it s normal and frequent. Ass my reservoir is small it makes it a bit more difficult to adjust daily. I can t move the water by myself so I have to wait a few hours for the water pump which flooms and the air stone both to slowly mix everything. That time I didn't want to wait thinking even if when I start the automatic watering the ph is very low (around 4),things would mix to a point of stabilization (I can add solution only through a small hole. So the solution around this hole is more concentrated. That's why I have to wait for the pumps to move things up but it seems to take multiple hours). Anyway so hopefully I could take a look at the plants a few minutes later. What a disaster! All the leaves were falling like yours. So I immediately flush with ph 6 water. One hour later all the plants had recover! I had already been told hydro is fast but I didn't think things would happen that fast! Anyway this to finally advise you to flush your soil with adjusted optimal soil ph (around 6.5 from memory) then put it in a place well aerated, with good temp (around 76F) so that the soil can dry without remaining too wet for to long

Edit : just see you had already measured the soil ph (well done). So from now just give the soil time to dry too avoid too wet but still providing enough moisture to the plant

Day 22: June 4th 2018

• Morning Report: Well, I don't know what to say other than at the beginning I said I didn't have a green thumb. Still hoping she recovers. First 2 pictures taken at 9:50am
  • Evening Report: Still wimpy. Checked pH, still just under 7. Soil drying up slowly. Last 2 pictures taken at 8:30pm

Yesterdays (Day 21) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 21) Average daytime temp: 15.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 21-22) Average nighttime temp: 10.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 21) Average daytime relative humidity: ~62%
Yesterdays (Day 21-22) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~70%

Back
Top Bottom