Kiki1990's Grow Journal - 2013

Don't worry about them leaves dude it's old growth chop it off if you want it won't hurt your plants not growing slow and if you look back them leaves are from when your ph was out can we have a few pics of the whole plant and 1 from the top light bleaching will only happen on leaves too close to the light if atall with cfl

2013-09-22_13_04_13.jpg
2013-09-22_13_04_00.jpg
2013-09-22_12_57_23.jpg
2013-09-22_12_56_37.jpg
2013-09-22_12_56_25.jpg
2013-09-22_12_56_08.jpg

Here is a good read for an article on defoliation: Defoliation Indoors

>>>Have never heard of it being caused by light. Can you explain?

Yes, chlorosis and necrosis take place in plants that are deficient in nutrients, and especially when they are lacking in Potassium, Zinc, and Magnesium. These are 3 elements are key in the photosynthesis process. There is an article I read (let me know, and I'll link you to the article) that tests the difference of light intensity on plants deficient in these three elements specifically and shows a significantly reduced concentration of chlorophyll present in the leaves. This therefore lead to the discoloration of the leaves directly under light exposure, but no effect on leaves covered by the canopy.

After looking back at your previous photos, Fatty is right, those spots are most likely scars from the old nutrient problems you were going through.

As long as your pH rose between this watering and your last you should be on the right track. You want your runoff to steady somewhere in the middle of 6.4-6.9 eventually. This will be the most ideal conditions for your lady ;)

Defo on the right track dude but that runoff needs to be over 6.2 you can do this over the next couple of waterings personally I would ph my water to nearer 7 so as any salt in your soil desolves ph will stay above 6 when you water allways make sure you have plenty of runoff and when you measure it you want the last bit of water to come out as your sample

I was referred to bassmans journal and there was a bunch of stuff in there on defol......read his journal and you will come out with the knowledge you are seeking! Stop by my journal some time I defoliated on the 21st day and will be doing it again on the 45th day, we can experience it first hand :passitleft: peace

Looks good, she's already perking back up, nice work Kiki. +reps for trying defol.
Check out my Blue Mystic grow link below, I defoliated on day 19 of flower (pg.11 of journal) and the plants responded very well, lots of lower bud sites getting lots of light now, and putting on some weight on day 28.

wow guys thanks so much!!

before doing the defol i was researching a lot and in my opinion there isn't much info about it, especially here at 420..(Africangrower i saw the link, not much info there.) most of the information is in journals which are long and full of comments... so what do you think guys you start a thread? one that will show how,when, where and so on...

just an idea :confused:

That is a great idea Kiki :thumb:

But all the info you can possibly find exists in THOSE journals amongst the seemingly pointless comments and rants. The information is there bro just take the time to really read through it and most importantly understand it enough to be able to try it out for yourself for those experience points under your belt!

+ reps from me aswell .good job it's amazing how many people panic when they do these things notice how your plant looked over/under watered this this due to what I call the plants blood pressure you cut off a limb it drops and a couple of hours later when it's scabbed over it perks right back up .patients is a must in the weed growing process and you seem to have plenty

Back
Top Bottom