KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Gee wiz John did you get enough shots :cheesygrinsmiley: Me thinks the doubters have become quiet

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Awesome picts. :yummy: thanks for spreading the knowledge I learn a lot bumming here :peace:

Gee wiz John did you get enough shots :cheesygrinsmiley: Me thinks the doubters have become quiet

I assume you mean me, here is what you, and probably others, are not understanding...

1. NEVER doubted KJC's growing.
2. this is not a valid test to see if the LUSH can justify its price point compared to other LED as there is no direct comparison to another cheaper LED. I have seen many people, including yourself, grow just as good looking buds under other,cheaper LEDs. There is no way to know if the buds would have looked just as good, or maybe better, under a different/less expensive LED. The only thing one can conclude from this test is that it possible to grow good buds under a LUSH panel, but I have also made same conclusion from my grows and others, with panels less then 1/3 the price of the LUSH. Anyone who thinks that this shows that LUSH is better then any other brand is not being intellectually honest, but 'fan-boying'.
3. I have 'become quiet' as I am waiting till end to see his final conclusions, and then was going to ask targeted questions, hopefully the LUSH rep will finally answer some of them too.
4. I could maybe understand their price point if actually made in the USA, but they are made in China like almost every other panel, heck they do not even claim to use CREE diodes anymore, like they used too(probably because they never were and someone took apart one of their lights and called them out on it)

It is simple concept of experimental methods.

How much water do you mix up per watering John? just to sort of get an idea of exactly how much nutes are going into your feed.

For my soiless plants I use 1, 2 and 3 gallon spot sprayers to mix up and transport my nutrient mixture. I find that the 3 gallon size pots take approximately 3 quarts per pot and the 1 gallon size pots take approximately 1 quart per pot before runoff.

Damn that AK-48 looks nice!! John you have sold me on the general hydroponics line.. Im guessing you have a step by step guide to using them, how much and when?

Also thank you very much for all the help recently, it is very appreciated =)

I have used the General Hydroponics Flora series nutrient guide without issues but have reduced the nutrients accordingly due to using a LED light panel. There is a guide on the bottle and the website to guide you how much to use as what stage. There is usually a handout nutrient guide that is available at retailers as well.

General_Hydroponics_Flora-series_Simple_Recirculating.png

Should I buy all of these for a soil grow?

All of the General Hydroponics products I have listed can be used in hydroponics, soil and soiless grow mediums. Always shake your nutrients before use. Always add the nutrients to water not to each other before water. I always start by adding Flora Micro, Flora Bloom, Flora Gro, Liquid KoolBloom and then Cal-Mag Plus for my flowering nutrients.

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://generalhydroponics.com koolbloom

Here are General Hydroponics nutrient calculators

https://www.generalhydroponics.com calculator

General Hydroponics Flora Nutrient PPM Calculator

All of these products have already been used in this grow

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora gro gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora micro gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora bloom gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics liquid koolbloom gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com botanicare cal-mag plus gallon

Snow Storm Ultra is used as a foliar spray at 3-5 millilitres per gallon every 7-10 days during flowering.

https://www.perfectgardens.com emerald triangle snow storm ultra qt

KoolBloom Dry will be used later in this grow

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics koolbloom 2.2lb

This grow is actually SPONSORED by Lush lighting, and JJ Bones from Perfect Gardens. And from what I've gathered, this grow is a comparison of Lush's Dominator 2x compared to MH/HPS.

Don't get me wrong, we're all growers and we all like to see products compared, but your commentary is constantly derailing the entire purpose of this grow journal. If you'd like to compare LED grow lights between a few companies, by all means set it up and make a new topic, but please man, be a little more respectful. These folks are sponsors, and they're a big part of the reason the forum is still around. Bashing/Questioning their products on a sponsored journal isn't cool at all.

Back on topic, KJC the girls are amazing. I like what I'm seeing from the products used so far, keep rocking brother!

Sorry John

I assume you mean me, here is what you, and probably others, are not understanding...

1. NEVER doubted KJC's growing.
2. this is not a valid test to see if the LUSH can justify its price point compared to other LED as there is no direct comparison to another cheaper LED. I have seen many people, including yourself, grow just as good looking buds under other,cheaper LEDs. There is no way to know if the buds would have looked just as good, or maybe better, under a different/less expensive LED. The only thing one can conclude from this test is that it possible to grow good buds under a LUSH panel, but I have also made same conclusion from my grows and others, with panels less then 1/3 the price of the LUSH. Anyone who thinks that this shows that LUSH is better then any other brand is not being intellectually honest, but 'fan-boying'.
3. I have 'become quiet' as I am waiting till end to see his final conclusions, and then was going to ask targeted questions, hopefully the LUSH rep will finally answer some of them too.
4. I could maybe understand their price point if actually made in the USA, but they are made in China like almost every other panel, heck they do not even claim to use CREE diodes anymore, like they used too(probably because they never were and someone took apart one of their lights and called them out on it)

It is simple concept of experimental methods.

Daddy who craws,

It has been a long time since I have been called a fan boy... BaaaHaaaHaa

You crack me up.

Is there a way I can save your last post, John, to my computer without copying and pasting into a document?

Or saved to an area on this site? I love your last post and want it for keeps.

thanks

This grow is actually SPONSORED by Lush lighting, and JJ Bones from Perfect Gardens. And from what I've gathered, this grow is a comparison of Lush's Dominator 2x compared to MH/HPS.

Don't get me wrong, we're all growers and we all like to see products compared, but your commentary is constantly derailing the entire purpose of this grow journal. If you'd like to compare LED grow lights between a few companies, by all means set it up and make a new topic, but please man, be a little more respectful. These folks are sponsors, and they're a big part of the reason the forum is still around. Bashing/Questioning their products on a sponsored journal isn't cool at all.

Back on topic, KJC the girls are amazing. I like what I'm seeing from the products used so far, keep rocking brother!

I agree the plants look good. Anyhow what makes you think that he would not have the same results with a less expensive and still sponsored panel? I do have a comparison grow, it a pain in the ass I would not ask that anyone else do it unless they had the motivation to answer the same questions I have.

side note: the little interaction I had with JJbones@perfect gardens was very professional and timely. LUSH on the other hand never answered emails sent to their email on website, and, IMO, avoids questions here.

Sorry John

Daddy who craws,

It has been a long time since I have been called a fan boy... BaaaHaaaHaa

You crack me up.

LOL i like that 'daddy who craws', I was not referring to you specifically with the 'fan boy' thing, it just seems to be a common issue on this site, too much 'your great' and not enough 'What where you thinking', but I guess that me.

I guess overall it comes down to why we all here, I here to get/give honest/well thought out information, some just want to look at pretty pictures (I guess I do to some), some want to sell stuff, some want to make friends, etc.. As long as we all do that in a honest respectful manner is not it all good?

Crawdaddy, I cannot tell you how many times I read stuff on the journals and I think to myself, what tha!? I usually don't say anything because the times I do, it's always caused trouble. Certain things in horticulture are unchangeable. Those are the most amazing things to read about. I wonder, where the hell did you read that diddy? I asked that once and was virtually thrown out of a journal for questioning where someone read something so ridiculous that, to this day I am still in amazement. Oh well. So now I type it out say anything I want and then, delete!

I have more friends that way and I don't feel like a creep for throwing my weight around. I do not know everything, hardly. I have forgot most of everything is more like it, but I do have an MS in Horticultural Sciences from SUNY Farmingdale. Like I said, forgot most of what I knew. I retired almost 20 years ago from killing myself in boiling hot greenhouses walking ten or more miles a day at break neck speed one end to the other...

I do understand what you said fifty times over. I am and have been warned by your alert and can readily make a sound decision on what light I buy based on whose grow, etc. I have to tell you, the ones Dennise uses are well priced and give her some amazing results. So, my first light may not be a Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x, but I am getting a good idea from John how it performs. Pricing is altogether another story. I never buy the most high end because it is generally not necessary for most things. I'd be more interested when they find out actually how long the LEDs last in the fixtures. I don't believe there is anything accurate enough yet to give me that response. What do you think about how long LEDs last?

Is there a way I can save your last post, John, to my computer without copying and pasting into a document?

thanks

Next to the "reps badge" is a Blog this post button. Click it. :)

thanks

I have re posted the last post I made to your Gardenfaerie's Non-420 Gardening Thread so that you may find the information easily. I use Mozilla Firefox for my web browser and use an add on named Print pages to PDF that can convert a web page to a .pdf format that can be stored and viewed later on your computer.

What do you think about how long LEDs last?

Edited down rest of your post, but I have realized that you are a scientist like myself, either by nature or training, or both:).

AS to that question, I found this after google search which pretty much corresponds to data I have seen over years. That is another factor to consider with value/price, higher quality diodes will last longer with shallower dissipation curves(that sounds sexy in a way, she has dissipation curves LOL), for actual data sources let me know and I find some links for you..
LumenMaintenanceChart.jpg

Karma police? What?

Craw, nice chart. So we can determine from this study that, an external inductor lamp may be the way to go for longevity. That is a nice return on the money if it truly lasts 100,000 hours, which translates into a bit over 11 years if you burned them a solid 24/7.

How do they know this, I wonder? Are they basing it on the LEDs of PC cards which were red, green or clear, had polarity and lasted virtually forever? OR are they talking about LEDs which have been tested? How could they do that, when LEDs in this capacity has not been around that long...or has it?

It's like, I usually never buy the first year model of anything. Usually not the second or third, either. I don't because the kinks are still firmly there. The get worked out over time and we are the guinea pigs. So this is my only conundrum with LED research. Not enough out there to determine a light will last at full range for 11 years, 24/7, which could be up to 20 years with ordinary use at 18/6 then 12/12. Am I way off here? I know virtually nothing of LED panel fixtures.

That seems to mirror what I seen for LED grow lights, not the little PC diodes or the such.

Induction lighting is fascinating, but REAL expensive. consider that that chart came from a company that makes induction lighting,i was posting it for LED vs HPS/MH. But they supposedly do last for a long time. PM me if want link, it explains basics of it.

Back
Top Bottom