KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

PerfectGardens_com_Logo_new_800x.png

@JJ Bones Joey at PerfectGardens.com has Smart Pots available in 15-400 gallon sizes

Perfect Gardens Smart Pots

Smart Pots

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

Here are some videos from @JJ Bones Joey at PerfectGardens.com explaining the Difference Between Base & Additives, How to set an Analog Timer to 18 on 6 off and Mark Boutwell II explaining Amp, Fuses, Watts and More

Here are some videos from @JJ Bones Joey and Mark Boutwell II at PerfectGardens.com explaining why you can place your trust in doing business with PerfectGardens.com

Sorry for all the questions John I'm getting everything setup and I would rather do everything right the first time and not waste money. Do you think the bigger the container the bigger the plant to a degree of course? Could you get a bigger plant out of a 20 gal container then let's say a 3 gal because the roots would be bigger and not be restricted? I'm just qurious of your thoughts of pot size

I never mind questions! I believe that for photoperiod plants pot size must always be added in increment with transplants, with favorable growing conditions and enough vegetative time very large plants can be grown indoors. I have previously grown indoors growing 2x 6'5" cannabis plants per 42 gallon size large storage containers in my soiless mixture growing 6 plants under 2x 1000 watt Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium light bulbs with Digital Dimmable ballasts. The size of a plant and amount of vegetation the plant can support is determined by the area available for root growth and also amount of time available for growth under favorable growing conditions.

I believe for most indoor gardens 1-3-5-7 gallon size containers are the optimal size unless a 6 month or longer vegetative growth period is given for High Intensity Discharge lights and 1-3-5 and perhaps 7 gallon size containers are the optimal size for growing cannabis indoors with LED light panels for the fastest per plant production.

Thanks a lot for the response I was going to get 7 gal smart pots for there final home in the flower room and after reading this it just confirmed what I was thinking. I was researching transferring from smaller smart pots to larger ones and I couldn't get a straight answer can you do it without hurting the root system since the roots are grown into the pot?

Thanks a lot for the response I was going to get 7 gal smart pots for there final home in the flower room and after reading this it just confirmed what I was thinking. I was researching transferring from smaller smart pots to larger ones and I couldn't get a straight answer can you do it without hurting the root system since the roots are grown into the pot?

I have not yet removed one of the Smart Pots from the soiless medium to know how easily the Smart Pots can be removed. Two of the transplants methods I was taught as a child that I have discontinued using was to either when transplanting to score the outer root ball with a knife to allow the roots to grow from the cut ends into new soil or to cut away 50% of the root ball when transplanting. I believe that removing a Smart Pot from the root ball is much less traumatic then either cutting into or away healthy root mass.

What was the female to male ratio of the beans you got John?

Those gals are looking awesome, KJC! You never fail to impress. Subscribed. :)

What was the female to male ratio of the beans you got John?

15 Black Widow cannabis seeds were purchased, 5 Black Widow cannabis seeds were germinated, 1 seed failed to germinate, 3 seeds have sexed female and 1 seed has sexed male as plants.

Flower Day 26

The Black Widow plants were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 8 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 2.5 milliliters per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 Systemic Pest Control Concentrate was added at 7.5 milliliters per gallon.

Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 Systemic Pest Control Concentrate

Flower Day 26

I inspected the Black Widow plants today and could not find any living thrips on any of the plants. I shall continue to spray a natural organic pesticide every 3 days for a remaining total period of 11 days until I am certain the Thrips are long dead.

Back
Top Bottom