Kismet's First Grow Journal - Kismet Goes CooCoo For CoCo

So. Question. My carbon filter has been doing a wonderful job so far. But. It isn't open ended where i can run a duct all the way through both sides. ( it sits on the floor outside the tent) . With warm weather and BAF ( big ass fans) it popped up to 86 in the big tent. I have already decided to run one that i can vent directly through the wall outside( its my house so i can cut through walls} Any suggestions on a good c filter?

Then when you got gnats with your babies Bonsai i went into Super High Alert lol
LOL......yeah...me too.....but they were done as soon as I dosed with BT. I will pre-medicate my soil next time for gnats.

I started out with a cheap fan and filter. One of the cheap fans started getting kind of loud so I decided to upgrade to a new fan and decided to step up a notch. The fan is super light and I hardly even know its on. I can't comment on the odor control because its in the veg tent, not the flower tent, so its not really tested.

But its a really nice fan, even has a digital screen that you can mount outside the tent with a sensor so you can set the fan to increase as the temps get hotter. Have I said I love this fan yet?

514dMgPJeML._AC_SL1000_.jpg

AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller

Now I have done a lot of looking at filters, but it doesn't seem to matter on the lower to middle range filters but most seem to last about a year. I personally started reversing my filter flow after about 6 months of use to hopefully increase the life of the filter. So I am going to stick to the cheaper filter and just replace them when they aren't handling the odor anymore. I am much happier investing in a better fan than filter. I love my fan. I am going to upgrade my flower tent fan to the 6" version of the same fan (its so freaking quiet! my veg tent is about 12-15 feet from me.....I can't hear the fan....the light is louder than the fan, not even kidding).

So my recommendation over all is invest in a good fan before a top notch filter (seems like most reviews of more expensive filters only state getting about 2 years from a filter). If I can get a year or a year and a half out of a cheap filter, I am good with that. Maybe if I can find a good filter that will last several years, I might invest in it.

I started out with a cheap fan and filter. One of the cheap fans started getting kind of loud so I decided to upgrade to a new fan and decided to step up a notch. The fan is super light and I hardly even know its on. I can't comment on the odor control because its in the veg tent, not the flower tent, so its not really tested.

But its a really nice fan, even has a digital screen that you can mount outside the tent with a sensor so you can set the fan to increase as the temps get hotter. Have I said I love this fan yet?

AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller

Now I have done a lot of looking at filters, but it doesn't seem to matter on the lower to middle range filters but most seem to last about a year. I personally started reversing my filter flow after about 6 months of use to hopefully increase the life of the filter. So I am going to stick to the cheaper filter and just replace them when they aren't handling the odor anymore. I am much happier investing in a better fan than filter. I love my fan. I am going to upgrade my flower tent fan to the 6" version of the same fan (its so freaking quiet! my veg tent is about 12-15 feet from me.....I can't hear the fan....the light is louder than the fan, not even kidding).

So my recommendation over all is invest in a good fan before a top notch filter (seems like most reviews of more expensive filters only state getting about 2 years from a filter). If I can get a year or a year and a half out of a cheap filter, I am good with that. Maybe if I can find a good filter that will last several years, I might invest in it.

Thanks Van.....I think I'll get one of those fans... Mine has vibration, but I'll use it for a while still when I set up again.

Looks like you may like that fan....

Looks perfect Mr. Van Stank . I appreciate the review on that and the carbon filters. Thanks man.

Thanks Van.....I think I'll get one of those fans... Mine has vibration, but I'll use it for a while still when I set up again.

Looks like you may like that fan....
Dude I love this fan!!! When the fan in the light is louder than the filter and fan......you know you have the right fan!

Dude I love this fan!!! When the fan in the light is louder than the filter and fan......you know you have the right fan!
I just got a couple from a big box store only 240 cfm so i knew i would be needing a bigger one once it got hot this spring. I'll get the 6 in one soon as i pay the mortgage lol

Photobomb

Back
Top Bottom