Koncept's 1st Attempt - It's Time to Do or Die!

Hi k0ncept, just thought I'd check in and say hi. Bought some seeds yesterday, soaked and just planted them; so under the veg light they go. I hope they all (5 of them) pop up. I will take clones from there.

Funny what you say about music. I set up my music right next to the grow rooms so we will be rocking over here as well. I like your thinking, oh yeah!

Dr. Z, I'm all in on your article. I know for a fact in tending and planting on my 10 acre farm for the last 13 years how much plants respond to music, talking, and individual touch and attention. It's just magic and so wonderful.

Ok time for a little update, so far things are looking good, temps have been holding steady with only humidity being a bit low, that's why I have so many open bottles of water in the tent.. Music test seems to work!! I donno but it looks like the Ladies are doing pretty good and grabbing hold!!! I watered them yesterday with RO water and they responded pretty well it seems.. still no nutes or anything..

My next goal is to get these big enough to clone, I think I have enough set aside to get what I need to clone, heck I don't even have a set of clippers yet, nor am I sure if I should be doing anything to them now, like soft cropping or anything or should I just let them keep on rocking? remember im a complete noob at this, so again any advice is not only welcomed, but LOVED! hehe.. here are some updated pics..
IMG_66527.JPG

IMG_66494.JPG

IMG_66467.JPG

IMG_66485.JPG

IMG_66455.JPG

IMG_66475.JPG

IMG_66446.JPG

and because im an idiot, when I was transplanting I lost the tags for the other 2 strains, but I think I have them paired up now together like the little troopers they are.. ahhh im so stoked so far, I cant wait to see how this goes.
IMG_66475.JPG

So now I think im just waiting for them to get bigger, going to get some bigger pots and have them on stand by, also going to look into what I will need to pull off cloning some of these for the next round... Man im so stoked so far, still walking on what seems eggshells but it seems im doing ok so far... Thanks to you guys and girls!! the 420Mag community is by far the best!!!

Everything looks really good!!! Yeah I'm getting that dry air too today and yesterday.. must be off shore wind... I found that if you get some hand towels and wet them, and hang them in the tent it will help raise the humidity decently...about 10-20% depending on the towel size... :)

Not sure how you plan on growing them, like what style, but you can look into some training techniques like LST, Topping, FIM or supercropping... and these are different methods to make your plants very bushy, which usually can increase the yield... some people just let the plants grow, some train the plants to be more like bushes.... just figured I would suggest it :)

Everything looks really good!!! Yeah I'm getting that dry air too today and yesterday.. must be off shore wind... I found that if you get some hand towels and wet them, and hang them in the tent it will help raise the humidity decently...about 10-20% depending on the towel size... :)

Not sure how you plan on growing them, like what style, but you can look into some training techniques like LST, Topping, FIM or supercropping... and these are different methods to make your plants very bushy, which usually can increase the yield... some people just let the plants grow, some train the plants to be more like bushes.... just figured I would suggest it :)

Man I am trying WTH is with the dry air today!!! I tried the towel trick and THANK YOU so much, I was thinking how many more bottles of water does a guy have to open to get the humidity above 30% seriously my lips are chapped lol.. I am looking at what I should do, as my 1st order of business is to learn how to get more from the plant, as well as clones these guys once they get big enough.. So im looking at the options you suggested, im scared to touch them for fear of messing everything up...

Oh Also what should I be looking at to prevent pests? should I use AzaMax and spray them down? or get some sierra SNS?
I have not even sprayed them once yet, with anything, not even water, should I be spraying them? all I have done so far is the transplant and they were watered once 2 days ago once the pots were all super lite and felt really dry to the touch with the finger test..

They responded well to the RO water I made and I also made another 10 gallons today.. The 02 system I have is the Hydro Gardner Pro, so it re-mineralizes the water with cal/mag and the PH is always roughly 6.5-7.0 and it tastes great too.. Not sure if its the best for what we do, but its all I have and seems to be working far..

Well now to go review cropping techs and see if I can manage to pull something off here soon.. Man im scared, and excited at the same time, paranoid would be a good description lol, im scred im going to F this up somehow but so far the plants seem to be rooting and growing...

Thanks for the help, now to go watch some more of your videos and see if I can retain any of it :) Thanks Ice and the 420 community! Thank You!!
:love::Namaste:

Hey k0ncept!! Looking really good there brother!! I am new to growing myself, but for what it's worth, I think you should keep on doing whatever it is your doing. They look great. Healthy and vibrant vegetation. Out of curiosity, What size buckets are you using now? And what size bucket are you looking to move them too? I've seen a lot of threads with people just throwing them into 5 gallon buckets and then leaving them there? Also, when you transplant them, are you going to do anything different with the soil??

Hey k0ncept!! Looking really good there brother!! I am new to growing myself, but for what it's worth, I think you should keep on doing whatever it is your doing. They look great. Healthy and vibrant vegetation. Out of curiosity, What size buckets are you using now? And what size bucket are you looking to move them too? I've seen a lot of threads with people just throwing them into 5 gallon buckets and then leaving them there? Also, when you transplant them, are you going to do anything different with the soil??

Well I purchased Doc's kit and have soil mixed and cooking, but I don't think it will be ready by the time I transplant.. Currently they are in 1 gallon pots and were transplanted on the 10th so they are now 7 days old, and I just picked up the clones from a local genetics shop, well sorta, it was kind of a pain in the ass to get the clones, seems they don't like to deliver, and when you think your on the way to a shop to pick up said clones your texted an address to a shopping center.. "looking for a better clone gathering experience next time" But the clones looked good and were healthy.. Then since I was in a hurry, I went to a really good local hydro shop who recommended the starter 1 gallon pots, and roots organic soil to start. For water I have been using my RO system, and those jugs you see in the pictures are holding that water at the same temp as the plants so I don't shock em when I water them.. As far as the soil prep all I did was make a hole for the clones and pop em in and water them good.. Then I let them go I think it was 4-5 days with no water as they dried out and the roots started taking hold, keeping the tent at like 74 degrees and 50% humidity.. Today has been hard to keep the humidity up, as a out west guy, I cant stand humidity over 50% if the temp is over 70 degrees anyway, so I don't have a humidifier, but the Icemud Towel trick and some open bottles of water are keeping the humidity about 10% over what it is in the room... So far so good, but I did spray them with water today as it is so dry, and they really seemed to like it hehe... I am loving this so much, give's me hope for sure..

:)

Hi k0ncept,

Everything looking stellar in here, for sure....Ice is right, at some point (very early) you must commit to what technique you will use to get the bushiness and more cola thing going on for shorter plants and bigger yield...and you are there. I am still researching this topic myself.....

The 5 seeds I planted all came up (lucky me), but 3 of the 5 came up with helmets on (seeds attached to the top), which means I planted a tad too shallow....note to self, I learned something. Read up on what to do, took in my surgical kit thinking I had to operate but a quick slough of the finger nail broke them wide open on 2 of them, the last one I put a small clump of dirt on top of the wee one to hopefully let it push up through the last of the soil and slough it off naturally.

Just sayin' in case you ever want to germinate from scratch....I will be cloning myself from these wee ones so cross learning is a good thing between all of newbies so we can eventually do it all.....

Anyway, great job, rock on, and I'll catch you on the flip side, eh?

Hi k0ncept,

Everything looking stellar in here, for sure....Ice is right, at some point (very early) you must commit to what technique you will use to get the bushiness and more cola thing going on for shorter plants and bigger yield...and you are there. I am still researching this topic myself.....

The 5 seeds I planted all came up (lucky me), but 3 of the 5 came up with helmets on (seeds attached to the top), which means I planted a tad too shallow....note to self, I learned something. Read up on what to do, took in my surgical kit thinking I had to operate but a quick slough of the finger nail broke them wide open on 2 of them, the last one I put a small clump of dirt on top of the wee one to hopefully let it push up through the last of the soil and slough it off naturally.

Just sayin' in case you ever want to germinate from scratch....I will be cloning myself from these wee ones so cross learning is a good thing between all of newbies so we can eventually do it all.....

Anyway, great job, rock on, and I'll catch you on the flip side, eh?

Thank you Shawnee! I know your right, I was looking at them today and was thinking its about time I did something! I am scared to try anything with them in the 1 gal pots, and was thinking it would be better to wait a bit till the roots fill out the 1 gallon pots 1st, then put them in 5 gallon containers "square ones" and try to LST a couple of them, but I know what I could and probably should do now is some supercropping or something as they seem to be picking up some steam... Yesterday I watered them with some Growlogy Step 2 and everything seems good so far :) ..

I would love to do seeds, but I will admit I am scared of it.. I know in the future I will do it.. send me your link so I can follow your grow as well :)

I still need to get my stuff to clone, and wait for these to get big or good enough too clone hehe.. I need more propagation!!! ahh I need more coffee....

here are a couple updated pics a before and after water photo lol.. Babies 2nd bath..
IMG_66569.JPG

After watering. with step #2 growology, as my highbrix is cooking and docs kit I have here will be used in that round.
IMG_66587.JPG

Much Love!! :Namaste: :thanks: :high-five:

Ok after much tardedness and waiting too long, I decided to try supercropping as the plants are now clearly big enough and after much research, I found like others have said, HURRY UP!! So since they are in 1 gal pots for the time I decided the best thing to try was supercropping / topping.. So I followed many video and tried it.. I think I might have done it correctly, only time will tell.. well here take a look and see if I need to do more or less lol ... Im such a noob!

IMG_66606.JPG

IMG_66614.JPG

IMG_66628.JPG

IMG_66637.JPG

IMG_66645.JPG

IMG_66656.JPG

Here they are after I beat them up
IMG_66666.JPG

This is what I "cropped off"
IMG_66676.JPG

Well that's it for today, been a really rough week, lost my health insurance "again" cancelled, I guess I cost too much money, so right as I was in the middle of testing new drugs with neurology, the rug once again has been pulled out from under me and now I have to figure out how to get my Docs back and prescription's approved.... Argh.... Well Peace and Love Peep's!!
I wish you all the best! Thank 420Mag community for all the help and support so far.. :Namaste:

:bigtoke:

Nice topping job. One note I would like to add is when using R/O water make sure you add cal/mag. Other then that you are growing like a champ.

Nice topping job. One note I would like to add is when using R/O water make sure you add cal/mag. Other then that you are growing like a champ.

I need to get some, and this has me a bit worried, as my RO system, I have the Hydro Gardner Pro and this is what it adds back to the water, so I was worried,
HydroGardener Pro Highlights
Exceptional Purification - removes up to 99% of chlorine, chloramines, chemicals, heavy metals, iron, hydrogen sulfide, sediment, and other dissolved solids while adding good minerals to produce clean, pure mineral water with a neutral pH (pH 6.8 - 7.2)
Filtration down to 0.001 microns

Built-in Cal/Mag delivery system -- adds 15-30 ppm cal/mag

So here is where I get confused, my guess is, I will have to wait for the plants to show signs of deficiency and then add a little at time? I am guessing here or is 15-30ppm good enough?

Good plan. Keep a close eye. Two things I found needing to add more led and r/o needing more so your r/o is covered. About 5mil per gallon extra is you see lights making a problem.

k0ncept,

Good for you, man. I'm a noob as well but a 30 year gardener...you gotta catch these plants and form them in the 1 gallon to guarantee massive yield for the future. GREAT JOB! Brave man, you did the research and took the plunge.

Sorry to hear about the insurance, keep fighting, our health care system sucks

Good plan. Keep a close eye. Two things I found needing to add more led and r/o needing more so your r/o is covered. About 5mil per gallon extra is you see lights making a problem.

For Flower I have 2x Mars 700's in flower spec only, I hope they work out, like you said I was extremely worried about light, so I planned the 144x3 as a veg light, and I have another 3x5 tent that will house the MarsII's.. I kinda wish I had waited on getting the lights, but as I sold stuff on ebay "no income" I purchased the equipment you see me using today, only it took me months to get to this point, where others can get to this point in a day lol... But seeing some of the results with those plat LED's I was like DAMN! But I have what I have and its funny, the 2 Mars are being used to hold up my intake fan in boxes on the floor still.. I know I know..

oh and when I watered the 2 in the middle as they are on a different water schedule for some reason, I have been using the Growology Step 2 in every watering mixed as suggested... so far so good I think :/

Back
Top Bottom