Kundal1n1's - Soil - NorthernLight AutoFem

This is my current dilemma too! My NL auto to is short bushy and not stretching like it should. I am debating defoliation this weekend too because the majority of my bud sites are covered what to do? What to dooooo? Great journal I subbed in

Well, I would. You could start slow and open up a few buds to see how you feel.
It's not going to kill the plant, it has sugarleaves too that can make food.
The buds here have already grown since I opened up the cover of the canopy.
I did leave a few leaves.

Well, I would. You could start slow and open up a few buds to see how you feel.
It's not going to kill the plant, it has sugarleaves too that can make food.
The buds here have already grown since I opened up the cover of the canopy.
I did leave a few leaves.
Yup I think that I am going to take a couple of the inner facing fan leaves off tonight , let her rest a couple days then do a few more , thought?

Yup I think that I am going to take a couple of the inner facing fan leaves off tonight , let her rest a couple days then do a few more , thought?

That would be great, the more light and air the buds get the better. Don't worry about taking off a bit more. But yes, do it slowly if you're concerned.

You should be fine with defoliation. I pulled off about 6 ounces of leaves (dried) over the past couple weeks from the 6 plants I have going. I'm growing Autos and they have loved being cleaned out an fill back in with more leaves before I know it.

Here's what my jungle looks like.

You should be fine with defoliation. I pulled off about 6 ounces of leaves (dried) over the past couple weeks from the 6 plants I have going. I'm growing Autos and they have loved being cleaned out an fill back in with more leaves before I know it.

Here's what my jungle looks like.
Okay so I bit my lip last night and started took 6 leaves off as a start and apologized to her.
Checked on her this morning and she looks very happy!
Thank you guys for the solid advice

Also, my wife and I were watching a documentary about growing organic cannabis, in it they recommended this way of growing that revolves around creating a supersoil and recycling that soil over and over.
They emphasize on microbial life, feed the soil, not the plant... I tend to be very intrigued, it seems to mimic nature's patterns the closely

Hey there! You will see “LOS”, “Doc Bud’s kit”, and “high Brix” thrown around a lot in these forums.
-LOS - living organic soil.
-High Brix - a measure of the carbohydrate in plant matter.
-Doc Bud’s kit - a member who adapted high Brix growing techniques for cannabis.

At the base, what these type of growing are about is building a soil that will sustain robust growth in a plant. Feed the soil, feed the microorganisms in the soil, and you feed the plant as well. Healthy plants and a healthy soil biome make them more disease resistant as well.

I like to call the microorganisms that live in soil the micro herd. It’s a term common on GardenWeb, where I hung out when doing veggies and roses.

Switching gears: the Northern Lights looks good! I think you’re early enough in flower that your plant will respond well to the defoliation.

Hey there! You will see “LOS”, “Doc Bud’s kit”, and “high Brix” thrown around a lot in these forums.
-LOS - living organic soil.
-High Brix - a measure of the carbohydrate in plant matter.
-Doc Bud’s kit - a member who adapted high Brix growing techniques for cannabis.

At the base, what these type of growing are about is building a soil that will sustain robust growth in a plant. Feed the soil, feed the microorganisms in the soil, and you feed the plant as well. Healthy plants and a healthy soil biome make them more disease resistant as well.

I like to call the microorganisms that live in soil the micro herd. It’s a term common on GardenWeb, where I hung out when doing veggies and roses.

Switching gears: the Northern Lights looks good! I think you’re early enough in flower that your plant will respond well to the defoliation.

Yes it totally makes sense doesn't it! I'm definitely going to give it a whirl for my next grow.
It's amazing how much there is to learn, and even more to unlearn and reconnect with the earth.

Looks like the inner budsites have almost doubled in size and girth.
This plant may be small, but she sure does know how to pack on buds. I wouldn't be surprised is if the result in the end is a bunch of sticks covered in buds haha! Here's a pic. Have a great weekend everyone!

Hey there everyone, been taking it easy, coming down with a throat infection.. ugh...
Made a couple new pics of the plant. Probably another month or so of flowering and she should be done, at least I think so.
Honestly I was expecting a lot less from her, seeing how fast she popped in flowering mode. It's not that bad, I know it's certainly not the greatest, but at least i'll have something to keep me going for a bit. I have learned a lot from this grow and am also aware of my mistakes. Willing to improve and do things differently the next grow... It's funny because at one time I didn't know anything and yet I did everything right and ended up with a monster.. see completed grow journal below in signature.

Well, this morning I went and checked on her and it seems that she almost finished flowering overnight.
Most of the hairs have darkened, except on some of the smaller growth maybe.
Looking at the trichomes under magnification, it is clear she's peaking THC now, trichomes being all milky.
I wasn't expecting that, but since this grow nothing went as expected,haha, i'm not surprised.
I'll wait a couple more days to get some amber in those trichomes and then she is ready for the next phase in her life.

The plant is so short! I wonder those of us who grow auto fem NL all seems to have some wild swings in traits? Which bank did you get the seed from? Any idea what its crossed with?
Yours flowerd nice amd young too. Tomorrow is the last day of week 5 for me and Im still in preflower lol.
Nice plants though, Ill sub to this to see what happens

The plant is so short! I wonder those of us who grow auto fem NL all seems to have some wild swings in traits? Which bank did you get the seed from? Any idea what its crossed with?
Yours flowerd nice amd young too. Tomorrow is the last day of week 5 for me and Im still in preflower lol.
Nice plants though, Ill sub to this to see what happens

Hey there I got it from Nirvana. Not sure what it's crossed with though.
Indeed very small, unlike any other plant I've grown, but pretty good yield for such a small one :)

Hi there everyone,I checked the trichomes yesterday and they were starting to amber up!
I asked the plant if it was okay for harvest and she said yes. So I proceeded to do so.
I'm thinking yield from this tiny little dwarven lady was about an ounce or more.
Not that much, but enough for me to get to the next harvest. Thanks for all tuning in and stopping by!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom