LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2014

Re: LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2

They look nice. Happy Growing

Re: LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2

:ciao: Lady Vadalon,
I am now subscribed. Thanks for the invite.
I will go through this one and your other journal tonight.
If you are available tonight, join us for The Reps are Right on B A R's thread. Lots of good information is shared there every other Sunday.
6:00 P.M. ET
New City Grower 1.0
TTYL! :thumb:

If the top picture is Ghost Train and you are wondering female or male, it sure looks female to me. Those are pistils coming out the top of it from what I can see.
Can you post another picture, maybe two separate areas of the plant where you are questioning?
Your male plants on the previous page were most definitely male. :-(
I'll pop back around later. You've got some great advice giving and knowledgeable members here. You will do just fine! :thumb:

If the top picture is Ghost Train and you are wondering female or male, it sure looks female to me. Those are pistils coming out the top of it from what I can see.
Can you post another picture, maybe two separate areas of the plant where you are questioning?
Your male plants on the previous page were most definitely male. :-(
I'll pop back around later. You've got some great advice giving and knowledgeable members here. You will do just fine! :thumb:
:thanks: so much for taking the time to look. This has been one heck of a ride.
Yep, I can take some photos of it in different areas. I was checking those babies out inch by inch.:circle-of-love: I probably won't do it until the morning the grandkids are here :)

I guess my worry is I am not seeing anything along the stock. I did see a V in one of the photos. I wish I could get better quality shots. But I lost my cord to my real camera and I am stuck with the phone and loop. Sorry, for taking so long to get this done. I just found out that I have to get a plan F for Ins :-( I hope that don't stand for frell :)

Here are my photos of the Ghost Train :thanks: for everyones your help :circle-of-love:

veg_2_ghost_train_shot_7.jpg
veg_2_ghost_train_shot_6.jpg
veg_2_ghost_train_shot_5.jpg
vag_2_ghost_train_shot2.jpg
veg_2_ghost_train_shot1.jpg
veg_2_ghost_train_shot_4.jpg

I feel like I should clarify some thing about my last grow because I have said a few conflicting things about the amount. We had 14 plants at the start. One plant was not growing and about 8 inches tall. So My son took it early. Then he had to do some sampling that took us down to 12 plants. Three went to a patient I dropped ( don't grow for other people). 5 were pulled at 90 days of bloom dried gave 13 grams :-( . The other 4 were left in longer and started getting purple blotches on the leaves. At 100 days I pulled them very frustrated at the time. When things were dry we ended up with about 3 oz and 13 grams out of 12 plants. Now I know my PH was totally wacky and most likely was the root cause of the bad grow. I did not fully under stand a flush. Thanks to all the help I feel confident about flushing plants now.. :thanks:

I do have a question about nutrients. If you are veg longer that 4 weeks do you stay at the 4 week amount on the back of the bottle ? Some of my plants have been in veg for over 6 months smothered with/mud mud. Even the ones that are on my first journal. A lot of them are in the photo at the beginning of this log. DON'T MAKE MUD PIES in YOUR GARDEN :green_heart:

For me personally, I still would have to say I don't see pistils yet. It's a tough call because two of the pics ( 3 and 4) is a possibility. I would have to say wait a few days and check them with pics again.
I'm glad you warned us about making mud pies in the garden, certainly made my share of them in the sand hills as a kid! :rofl:

For me personally, I still would have to say I don't see pistils yet. It's a tough call because two of the pics ( 3 and 4) is a possibility. I would have to say wait a few days and check them with pics again.
I'm glad you warned us about making mud pies in the garden, certainly made my share of them in the sand hills as a kid! :rofl:

I am hopping that the 24 on will stop the bloom. I read that someplace but don't remember ware. I have read so much stuff. That was before some one told me to use the blog button to help keep track of useful things. I have been going in every day with the loop and going over every bit of it. I want to take clones off of it but I am still in question.

What I should have said was don't make mud pies out of your plants :oops:

Thank you for the help :circle-of-love:

I do have a question about nutrients. If you are veg longer that 4 weeks do you stay at the 4 week amount on the back of the bottle ? Some of my plants have been in veg for over 6 months smothered with/mud mud. Even the ones that are on my first journal. A lot of them are in the photo at the beginning of this log.

If you keep your plants in vegetative growth longer then a 4 week period I would feed your plants in vegetative growth the week 4 nutrients.

I don't have photos many photos between my last post and now.
taken 3/5 2014 Transplanting from 1 gal to 3 galpots
veg2trans1galTo3gal.jpg

After the trans plant things started to get over ran and I did not know what to do. Not really having the money to just go get a bigger tent I pondered on the situation for about a week. And over coffee one morning I decided to flip my 9x5x6.5 tent on it's side. Everyone thought I was a crack knob. So, this is how things are going so far.
This is the platform or bace. Wood pallets and plywood.
photos taken 3/21/2014
platform.jpg

I put some old Blatter bags that came out of a sleep member bed over the wood to avoid holes.
Then flipped the tent on to its side.
pflipping_to_side.jpg

Once it was flipped the bars or cross-members was not enough to stabilize it to hold the lights. I used insulation foam to protect the sids of the tent from holes from the chicken wire. I used the wire to make the top part of the tent taut. I then placed pvc piping over and around the cross -members to give me something to help position/stabilize the lights on.
This is the top inside the tent with out the PVC pipe
prenforcment.jpg

tent_top.jpg

Just this part of the project took over 12 hours to complete. At 12.30 A.M I really did not care how the plants got put into the tent.
pflipping_to_side.jpg

finally got the plants in the tent
plants_tent_2.jpg

We have to get the wire across the 10 plants in the back. They are getting out of hand. I am hopping in 6 or 7 weeks to be going to 12/12 on these as well. Right now we are building a box to go around the tent so I can put the 4x4x8 on its side and place it on top for the swiss cheese to have a home while the other is in bloom. I will update on that latter. :circle-of-love: THANK-YOU everyone for all the help and getting me through my panic attack today. :phew:

Ill have to say Lady Vadalon, that's some pretty darn sexy foliage. :bravo:

:thanks: Evo-Rat-93 and Relaxed Lester. I am worried about the stocks getting to stiff to work with like my journal 1. I need to get the wire in. It has been slow because of what we are building and flipping the tent on its side to create more room. This tent will be enclosed on two sides. Then the top with extra bracing for the top box.
Then a 4x4x8 box will be built to go on the top of this one and wrapped with the bottom trays that came with each of the other tents; I don't use them because they are mold collectors. The I will have a new home for the swill cheese. I am going to make a clone box out of a dark plastic storage tub. I want to clone out the strongest swiss cheese plant and The Querkle from the 3 gall pot the I will use the dumb dumb branches for clones and the same for the ghost train. They should be able to stay in the storage tub for a bit of time. 2 weeks to root and solo cups are not very big. I will use T5 for that.

I don't think that I am going to make the 6 or 7 week deadline to hit the switch to 12/12. All the T8 bulbs will be changed over to a warm light for the red and orange tones for the bloom. That is the game plan any way.

KingJohnC,
I was checking out natert96 journal and you had posted some topping videos. For the style of growing I have gone to with the wire when I top and get my 4 sub branches can I top those as well when they get big enough. Would that help make a lager spread?

Yes you can top the resulting 4 branches when they have grown large enough to produce a larger plant when flowered with more colas.

Yes you can top the resulting 4 branches when they have grown large enough to produce a larger plant when flowered with more colas.

Cool, I thought that it would be O.K but was not sure it would make things to stiff to manipulate.

Well, Today my spouse and son/brain damage got the sides up on the tent to enclose it. Monday the top will be placed on. We need to go to the Habitat store 5.00 a sheet of plywood compared to 20,00 is a better price. So, the top is put off until monday.:amen:

Left side
side111.jpg

Center
sideenter.jpg

Right Side
side213.jpg

I am thinking about topping some of them tomorrow but, I may just check on everything and take a break:sleep:
I am still sick. I have no Idea what this is. It has been about 5 weeks. One day I am fine and the next not wanting to move. It is driving me bonkers.

Hope every one has a good night/day I am turning in :sleep:

So much for taking Sunday off :-( We ended up taking the walls apart and redoing them. Things fit tighter now. I found a new gash in the tent that the frame is going around. I would love to make a room and dot have to deal with the tents. But renting so, not going to happen. O.K blowing steam sorry. :sorry: I need to get the wire across the plants. I have not even toped them yet, no place to put the clones. I can't see wasting a perfectly good stock.

But with the tent flipped on its side I don't have much hight to play with and things are gong to get out of hand SOON!!! OH I was looking at things today and one of my Querkle plants are developing immature leaves. Three to a growth. I will take a shot and post it. Other than that to me it looks healthy. I have two more T8s to get installed but the box thing has set me back quite a few days. Sometimes I feel like I should just sleep in it . But, I cant seem to find my squatters to evict them. So, on the up side keeps me from moving in :bitingnails: LOL

Back
Top Bottom