LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2014

Re: LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2

So you did 10 days of 12/12 to check gender, and now you're on 24/24?

If so I guess that their reveging now, and the pistils are dieing off.

The plant normally gets a little deformed during reveg, so it seems Ok.

It's female yay.

Re: LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2

Here's the areas I was looking at:

Seeds_possible.jpg

Yeah the pistils are not going to get sucked back in, and the plant just starts vegging again.

They die off, and the plant recovers slowly.

Some people cut clones just to go 12/12 and check gender.

That way they don't have to reveg the whole plant.

Both KJC, and BID are revegging plants right now.

The plants can kinda look messed up, but if you understand what your looking at you'll know it's not time to panic.

They get a bit gnarly, and growth slows, or even stops.

It takes time but they recover, and rapid veg growth resumes.

Sure wish one of mine would slow that flowering down after forcing sex. The danged flowers just kept going when I put them back in veg. Probably will put it into flower this weekend anyway.
It's not unusual to get a seed every now and then in a female plant, so even if that's what it would have been, that's not a big deal. A seed or two that you didn't have to buy! LOL

:thumb:

Yeah the whole hermie thing is kinda crazy.

Stressing a plant can cause it to hermie.

A few seeds don't hurt tho.

Seed out your whole grow that would suck.

Mostly a nanner will only bring on a few random seeds.

Reveging is stressful, but something in veg long enough will recover fine.

Also pistils are pretty delicate, and if touched can wither.

Do you mind me asking why you are afraid of fem seeds. The only ones I am growing right now except for one are all fem and I find it much easier than having to worry about a bunch of balls hanging. Actually I have never had a fem seed that didn't pop or hermied as of yet anyhow..:wood:..... Just curious....:circle-of-love:

Like a lot of things about cannabis growing people are divided in their thoughts on feminized seeds.

Factions of growers believe problems exist when using them, and avoid buying, and growing.

Rumors spread like wildfire among growers who fear hermies, and seeding entire grows ruining yields.

One reason such things affect the growing community is because of the nature of the underground information.

Real scientific studies haven't been done, because growing has been illegal for 70+ years.

We rely on information passed along from others who heard it from somewhere else.

Things not based on studies, but on thoughts off the top of someones head that become urban legend.

The other problem is the cost of seeds.

Who wants to waste 10 bucks a seed just to run experiments?

Okay Lady V,
I don't see any signs of pollen sacs, that was my concern. So it should be okay. The brown pistils concerned me so I wanted to be sure there were no male pollen sacs starting.
I would leave it be, but keep a close eye. :thumb: In the meantime I'll talk with a couple of other growers and see if they think it's okay too. Thanks for getting the pics, as I said...I would rather be wrong than just assume it's okay.

Oh, was there a reason that was told to you about not using feminised seeds...other than cost? I have a couple growing, doing fine. And there are many growers on this site that use them.

When I was thinning it out and chopping on it( harsh word yikes) I was looking for pollen sacks and did not give it to much thought about the brown pistils because I knew I had put it through a lot of stress going from 12/12 then into the 24/0. Before I did the gender testing I read up on it and it did not seem all that difficult. Ten days in and back out not that big of a deal.

Because when I first started to grow the dispensaries told me to stay away from them. So, I purchased seeds from them. They are/were a well know brand/bank and only had the three survive. I am sure it is because I did not understand how to do seeds and my rapid rooters were to wet and I believe it was my error that rotted them out.

Thank you for easing my mind, looking at the photos, about the querkle :phew:

I don't argue that at all but my first grow was just bag seed and what a pain in the rear... Half had balls and 2 of the 3 left hermied... It was really very traumatic in my little world but you are correct the seeds are not inexpensive and it is kinda scary ordering them but every seed I have popped that was a fem seed has been issue free to date..:knock: knock on wood.... Was just curious ... Thanks for the reply.....:circle-of-love:

Yeah bag seed is notorious for hermies.

Hermies are a genetic thing, and bag seed is usually poor genetics.

All cannabis can hermie tho, but good genetics can withstand more before it happens.

The tendency to hermie is a survival mechanism of a plant that senses danger.

It wants to pollinate itself, and make seeds before it crokes.

Wild seeds tend to have that gene more prominent.

Seeds that have been cultivated by breeders have breed it out of their strains.

Making it less likely to happen.

So you did 10 days of 12/12 to check gender, and now you're on 24/24?

If so I guess that their reveging now, and the pistils are dieing off.

The plant normally gets a little deformed during reveg, so it seems Ok.

It's female yay.

Yes, I did the ten days of 12/12 and put them back into 24/0 ( 24/24) All of these plant have been in 24/0 because of the issues with the old tent. Stary stary night at chair level. In the process of getting that fixed. So, is it safe to take clones from these two girls later on when they mellow out? I know that a clone is a exact replica of that plant. Right now, I am afraid that it would be to stressed and that could be passed on. Plants communicate just like people. If you have a stressed out mom and the child is reared in that environment the child is going to have gens and DNA manipulation and is passed down. I do not know if it is the same principles for plants as it is for humans.

Like my willow bush the ants are eating it, the willow sends out a SOS signal and the bees come in and eat the ants.
Thank you so much for yours and Cannafan's help on this.

I think it might be best to reveg awhile before taking cuttings.

Mostly because it would be best not to further stress your plant tho,

And not because you'll pass stress through your plants genes.

Cuttings might not be healthy enough to take going in and outta 12/12.

Let the plants recover a week, or more, and then take a cutting.

So just for the fun of it Lady Vadalon, check those brown pistil areas when you are tending to the plants and see what they do.
Here's what I'm referring to:
Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

Hope you don't mind my close inspection of your plant here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will see what the pistils do. I am expecting them to fall off. When they change I will take a photo of them. It will be kind of cool to have it documented. LOL.. how funny When I was poking around yesterday I felt like I was violating her. After the phone quit ringing everyone was gone and I was listening to my jazz and relaxing in the tent working :) I wanted to say thanks for the shower cap tip in your thread. When I started the three projects I went and picked some up to keep my hair out of things. Before, I was tying it up and waring a hat but, it did not help much. Now, I am not finding loonng strays of red hair in my plants. I read your thread from beginning to present and when I see questions about things I have seen in your journal I give them a link.

Well, I'm glad I didn't scare ya with that. LOL I just had to know myself too.
This is the first time I have tried to sex my plants early by going to 12/12 so I wasn't sure what to expect either.
I've learned something here regarding the pistils turning brown and falling off, although mine didn't do that.
I look forward to seeing yours progress for sure.
I appreciate that you learned from my journal, that's what I really enjoy the most. I've learned so much from everyone else here!

:circle-of-love:

Toker69 Yeah the pistils are not going to get sucked back in, and the plant just starts vegging again.

They die off, and the plant recovers slowly.

Some people cut clones just to go 12/12 and check gender.

That way they don't have to reveg the whole plant.

Both KJC, and BID are revegging plants right now.

The plants can kinda look messed up, but if you understand what your looking at you'll know it's not time to panic.

They get a bit gnarly, and growth slows, or even stops.

It takes time but they recover, and rapid veg growth resumes.

Sure wish one of mine would slow that flowering down after forcing sex. The danged flowers just kept going when I put them back in veg. Probably will put it into flower this weekend anyway.
It's not unusual to get a seed every now and then in a female plant, so even if that's what it would have been, that's not a big deal. A seed or two that you didn't have to buy! LOL

At this point for me the slowing down is a blessing :clap: I do not have my third box made yet for the Swiss Cheese and my pin hole situation is not completely fixed. My pops is coming to visit me today and he is going to reevaluate my spouses cutting techniques and see if we can fix some things. And bringing me a lighter circular saw and a chalk line so I can cut. Thank you so much and I will continue with my game plan :)

Do you mind me asking why you are afraid of fem seeds. The only ones I am growing right now except for one are all fem and I find it much easier than having to worry about a bunch of balls hanging. Actually I have never had a fem seed that didn't pop or hermied as of yet anyhow....... Just curious....

I don't argue that at all but my first grow was just bag seed and what a pain in the rear... Half had balls and 2 of the 3 left hermied... It was really very traumatic in my little world but you are correct the seeds are not inexpensive and it is kinda scary ordering them but every seed I have popped that was a fem seed has been issue free to date..:knock: knock on wood.... Was just curious ... Thanks for the reply.....:circle-of-love:

I was told to not get them because of as Toker69 said myths about the hermi thing and being a new grower believed everything that was said to me,not every thing Im not a total bumpkin :) Around here most people when you say LED's you run as you say it!! Because, 20 HPS people will fall out of the woodwork. My first attempt was blamed on the LED's and it was me with the mud pies and not understanding the PH thing. I Totally agree with you on the stress thing. Like you I don't need to twitch...LOL... Over is it a "boy or girl thing." I started out with 14 seeds and only three were girls. Some of it was my fault for not knowing how to do seeds and once more took the advice of other people that really did not want to give me information. As if, I was a threat to "'I do not want to know what you are doing with you harvest."

No, I will be going feminized when I get this down. I was given some Crazy train and Fruity something and once more I will go through the twitching for the practice of growing and working with the seeds not the twitching part lol. And reading what you and toker said about bagged seeds I will stay away from them!! I really did not know what that was. I thought that it was just random strains. Now, I know random genetics.

Sorry, for being long winded Thanks Dennise for dropping in on my crazy little world :loopy:

:green_heart:

Toker69 I think it might be best to reveg awhile before taking cuttings.

Mostly because it would be best not to further stress your plant tho,

And not because you'll pass stress through your plants genes.

Cuttings might not be healthy enough to take going in and outta 12/12.

Let the plants recover a week, or more, and then take a cutting.

It has been about a month from the 12/12 and back into 24/0. I expected something to happen from the stress of the gender tasting. When I read up on it they said it would put some stress on them but did not go into any detail. I kept watch them and the leaves started to become really distorted and did not seem to snap your of it. That is when I decided to ask. Thank you once more

Well, I'm glad I didn't scare ya with that. LOL I just had to know myself too.
This is the first time I have tried to sex my plants early by going to 12/12 so I wasn't sure what to expect either.
I've learned something here regarding the pistils turning brown and falling off, although mine didn't do that.
I look forward to seeing yours progress for sure.
I appreciate that you learned from my journal, that's what I really enjoy the most. I've learned so much from everyone else here!

I sure did learn :Namaste: a lot from your journal and photos wow!! I will keep observing the plant and post what is happening. I have learned more from the community of 420 in my short time then my full year of mixed research. To much information is just as bad as no information Or, just jumping in. I am glad that I decided to post my question and photo on this situation and not just jump to the conclusion of frelled. :)
Once more Thank you

Back
Top Bottom