Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

Well, tonight was a top watering kind of night for the LA! So I may as well give her an update :cheer:. Everything is going pretty much as good as i could hope, RH is getting kind of up there in the middle of the night though! Should have watered in the morning rather than evening to leave some time for lights and fan to remove some humidity but too late now. Will work to get that in check in the coming weeks! Hoping the airflow and daytime RH of 45-50% will help prevent any kind of issues.

Gave her about a gallon and a half on the top of the soil..ive been keeping the small reservoir on the bottom full as often as i possibly can (maybe averages out to a gallon a day). So it never takes much to thouroghly wet the soil from the top.

To the 2 gallons I made up, I added:

1/2 tsp aloe vera, 1 tsp silica, 1 1/2 tsp ful-power, 2 tsp LABS, and 2 tbsp banana FFJ

Fingers crossed the FFJ will help to make em' nice and chunky as well as boost essential oil production! I'm fairly certain the soil "energy" is on point right about now :slide:

Also, shout out to Dan @TimberGrowLights for the phenomenal light! I'm in love with the thing..even at 16" into the canopy, the buds are stacking nicely. And its quite the canopy to have to penetrate! So far I'm very pleased with my purchase. Thanks you!

WCA is made with egg shells. WCAP is with charred bones. I need 2 more inputs for my OHN (Angelica and Licorice) I use it with just the 3 now. I got 3 different IMO's. I have about 6-7 different FPJ & FFJ's. I noticed a difference in my plants with the foliar of the OHN and apple cider vinegar.

WCA is made with egg shells. WCAP is with charred bones. I need 2 more inputs for my OHN (Angelica and Licorice) I use it with just the 3 now. I got 3 different IMO's. I have about 6-7 different FPJ & FFJ's. I noticed a difference in my plants with the foliar of the OHN and apple cider vinegar.
Ohhh. Heck yeah, that's awesome! Wish I could find the time to experiment with em all. Maybe get to mixing up a few more in the winter time, as long as I can source the ingredients! Where do you source it all?

Subbed in :popcorn:
Welcome aboard Kismet! You've made it just in time for the most exciting part - flower pics! Things are just now getting rolling around here so its still kinda bland...it'll get better lol.
Thanks for the pic of the Timber Chip on boards . Cute lightso_O
Arent they though! :slide:I try to get a little shot of them in here and there. They really are beautifully built lights! Do you happen to run any?

Ohhh. Heck yeah, that's awesome! Wish I could find the time to experiment with em all. Maybe get to mixing up a few more in the winter time, as long as I can source the ingredients! Where do you source it all?

You need to be doing FPJ & FFJ now in the summer and during the fall harvest season. Remember FPJ can be made from any plant. I made some from a bunch of dandelion flowers I went and picked from yard. It will be used in the mid weeks of flower. I made some FPJ from the leaves I pulled during some defol of the plants. I use that during the VEG stage. In the fall I can see some apple, pear for sure.

You need to be doing FPJ & FFJ now in the summer and during the fall harvest season. Remember FPJ can be made from any plant. I made some from a bunch of dandelion flowers I went and picked from yard. It will be used in the mid weeks of flower. I made some FPJ from the leaves I pulled during some defol of the plants. I use that during the VEG stage. In the fall I can see some apple, pear for sure.
Thanks for the encouragement! My little outdoor garden is only on its first year so I dont have everything I would like to have. Would lavender work as part of an FPJ? Otherwise I only have cumber leaves, a little yarrow, and a very small amount of herbs. Tomatoes are also pretty abundant! Comfrey is still a couple months away from being much of anything!

Its about using what you have available. If that's what you can get use it. I have seen it talked about they would use the weeds that were invading an area, so I think any plant will work.

Its about using what you have available. If that's what you can get use it. I have seen it talked about they would use the weeds that were invading an area, so I think any plant will work.
Thanks Meds! I'm somewhat new to all of it...I've done the basic research but time is hard to come by in my line of work...thanks for all your help! I'll probably end up trying an FPJ in the near future, I'd honestly like my comfrey to progress a little though. I also have MOBT's tonic for veg. Although, it costs a fortune! At the moment I have about 14 oz in a bottle that will last me some time. Either way I'd like to get my hands dirty with a more self sustainable organic approach! You've convinced me to give it a try, and I thank you for following along! :thanks:

Happy 4th of July to all who are celebrating! Hope its green and full of joy!

So I have a few questions regarding the Cindy! It is still stretching pretty freaking good, and I'm about to get it a pretty extreme haircut. Obviously its okay to "top" the tops, but is it acceptable to top EVERY shoot that is getting a little lengthy and out of control? Ive already witnessed some kind of bug doing this exact thing for me and it works similary to topping, except maybe only the shoot right below takes off. Just wondering if that would work in my situation? I know I would lose some yield initially, but in the wrong run I think that is the only thing that is gonna work for me. I seriously need to try and keep things down to the cage level.

Other than that she is growing pretty good, lots of random holes from grasshoppers. And also these weird looking little white bugs that put a silk like substance surrounding my stems, than they blend in with that. I'm spraying neem again, starting recently! And it seems to be helping with THAT issue. Now I just need to figure out a way to keep it low, is butchering it my best option at this point? As in butcher I mean top every node rising above the cage, it will still have another approx. 30 days before flower (only a guess). Thanks for all the help and I apoligize for being absent lately, wayyy to many projects going on!

So here's a few pics of her!

Honestly her stature is somewhat of an eyesore to me, and my first two clones didnt work. Sooo im going to attempt it one more time, at least until I have the time to tend to them daily!

But up next will be this beautiful LA specimen! Very pleased with how she's turning out :slide:

I wouldn’t top them but I’d supercrop any branches that get to tall. Just gently crush the branch and Bend it in the direction you want it to go.
Would that allow them to gain the stem size they're lacking currently? I've realized going out, makes them not be able to support they're own weight after even a light rain, or a foliar? I will give it a shot tho!

Back
Top Bottom