LA's Sideline Grow -GDP X Pheno Hunt -Extreme LST -Self Build Budmaster in Cupboard!

Re: LA's Sideline Grow - GDP X Pheno Hunt -Extreme LST- Self Build Budmaster in Cupbo

Top of the bud to ya LA Guru Ji
I got the power packs an leads for the first 2:cheesygrinsmiley: :cheer:I will be searching for some thing to mount them on and hopefully have them up an running in a day or so:cheesygrinsmiley:What was the main reason you swapped your mount from the blue to the metal one ??I have ta goto town tomorrow so I will be in the £ shop:partyboy:
:circle-of-love::peace::circle-of-love:

Re: LA's Sideline Grow - GDP X Pheno Hunt -Extreme LST- Self Build Budmaster in Cupbo

Hey Jaga, the main reasons for the change were simple: safety and suitability! The plastic one was to flimsy and not rigid enough, also it was enclosed. The modules don't get that hot at all when in use with a fan. One fan to two modules seems absolutely fine with mine :) Yet metal can't melt and this CD rack just seemed to fit my needs, rigid, vented and easy to work with for the install.
It seems that if you keep your eyes peeled there is quite a few of these metal framework things in charity shops! :)

Glad you go your packs etc so quickly! !!! :) happy daze indeed!

Ok my friend :) this should help you lol.

The first pic shows the wired up pack. The end with 2 sets of wires is the end for the fan and module. The red ended wires are for the module, the black plugged ones for your fan.
The other end is crazy simple. I went round everywhere asking how to wire em up , no one had a clue lol. So I rang Paul at BM and he explained what he does for a temp build.
All you do is find a mains power lead off an old lamp of something. It will have just 2 wires in the cable. Just twist up the end of the stripped wire and then insert into the plastic connector, I used a hard bit of wire to gently open up the receiving ports in the plastic bit first. This means the stripped ends can be pushed nice and deep into the plastic connector! :)

Hopefully the crappie pics will help!
Oh and if the worst happens, like it did to me lol. I didn't separate one set of wires correctly. So there was a little pop and one cluster went out! I was worried it would have blown the pack or the cluster. It doesn't :) it simply blew the fuse in the plug! So don't panic!
Now I simply use insulation tape to bind my connections up. You could use chock boxes if you prefer. (Just get heavy duty ones to he safe)
20141030_132832.jpg
20141030_132841.jpg
20141030_132857.jpg
20141030_132908.jpg
20141030_133016.jpg

Hey Guru Ji
I dont wanna seem like the dumb student ,,,BUT could I eventually wire all four panels to the one plug
I got thus far you was the first guy I wanted to show it to Just got to get my Housing for them now
DSC_0292_2_.JPG

When I trned it on for the first time I was shocked an amazed at the same time this lil 75 w panel feels brighter than anything I had over the last 2 years ,, it is only rivel by the 600w Hps ,,which is a reserve for an emergency :Namaste:

So I start here and work back wards :)

....I'm not much of a sparky but I'm sure there is a way to do everything off one plug (as BM do it lol) yet at moment mine has a power lead to each module! :)

...aint dat d truth.... :) :) :) :)

Oh LA, this is just 12v isn't it?

Man I need to come and do some wiring for you both...ouch...just a little pop you say....oh dear me mate! rofl not

Sorry mate, it works I know...and I know you admit it n all, but wow... should I do a tutorial on wiring?

Na sorry Light I love you man but I've been piss*in myself laughing.....after that comment :) :) :)

Hey LA...just wanted to wish you and everyone green dreams:):Namaste:

:high-five: Nice one mate :passitleft:

Hey Tassie :)
I'm having a slobbing out day today , but ill PM you some pics of the power packs etc and certainly seek your advice! Then ill post up stuff in detail as I rework everything! :)
Its weird as I used to work on the railways doing track maintenance etc. So I'm totally at home with working with electricity on an industrial scale but when it comes to the little things etc I'm at a bit of a loss lol :)

OH la, i've been typing out a story for ya, bro, I love ya, just don't want you to get hurt :)

:circle-of-love:

So I share some being human with you...

I was helping my mate Steve pack and move house. We're packing boxes, and he asks if I have a knife. I hand him my Leatherman...keep on with what I'm doing....hear him scream sh*t...

l flick my eyes over to him and there's claret..blood for the non ozzie/brit.... everywhere.

He looks up at me, fiery look in his eyes...

YOU DIDN'T TELL ME IT WAS SHARP!

I pause momentarily assessing the blood flow, and size of cut....he was whinging a little but it was a decent cut...and I said with a little smile...

YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU'RE A DIC*HEAD!

He's about to come back at me, looks at his hand, the knife, the pooling blood on the box...he's a little concerned

I offer him a little kick in the guts and say

...It's a knife....by inference it's SHARP!...

He's opens his mouth to scream at me again, I'm rolling on the floor in fits of laughter....

He pauses....

Give me a hand could ya?...we walking over to the sink so I can wash it an see how deep it is.

He says... I'm such a di*k with a pained curl of a smile....we pis* ourselves all the way through 6 stitches.

He never lived that line down...and still bears the scar :)

....Oh and if the worst happens, like it did to me lol. I didn't separate one set of wires correctly. So there was a little pop....

Just a little reminder...it's electricity...by inference the little pop is BAD OK? :)

Laughing with you bro, not at you...well mostly

:)

Hey Tassie, you're frickin ace man, I've been in fits here :rofl:

Nice choice of knife, I love a Leatherman :)

Lol :) Tassie brother you and anyone here can have a chuckle at me anytime. :) I have a thick skin and a very dry sense of humour so alls good! :)

You should have seen the day I was switching out a light switch to a dimmer without turning the electricity off. Lol I was half way through with the dimmer about to go on and suddenly it started arcing a lovely blue arc from the wall to the dimmer plate in my hand!
Stood still and shouted for the missus to shut the power off.
She proceeds to get a little table to stand on to reach the switch, picks the wrong table so can't reach. I'm stood sweating shouting at her. She rushes gets the other table. Gets up and asks which switch! ! :) I say the one on the very left. She then panics and in turn tries every other switch but the one needed.
She gave me a right bollocking afterwards lol :)
So now I actually switch the mains off before lecky work! :)

you should have heard my voice when I read that....sounded like someone wounded me deeply

Oh LA...you know you don't have to have a long neck to be a goose!

or funny shoes to be a clown!

:)

Love you mate, what voltage and amps to be able to stand there for that long? ef me...

I was expecting you to be screaming...

your other left, your other left ! ! !

ROfl...tear...laugh oh no...laugh...

Hey mate, this is where the british ozzie dryness is able to flourish.

Love my mate Steve dearly...he and I have been through a lot. He's my little bro I never had.

But, tear strips of each other constantly...don't ever stuff up around each other or it's over...you'll never hear the end of it. :)

It was good for us...kept us honest with ourselves, and at the time and more importantly, with each other.

Don't ever be shy to fling sh*t my way either mate, like I said when I first got here in January this year, treat me the same, and I stand by you forever, regardless of the judgements you make of me, or of yourself.

You're a very good human LA :)

EDIT: That reminds me...I dunno the exact circumstance with Jaga, cant fully get the reference...but got the jist of it with the LED and LA connection.

I stand by that statement just above the edit, and wouldn't let anyone say otherwise....not that they would :)

:circle-of-love:

LA my friend, can you offer any light on my flat scrog technique. I've got Purps fully tucked under a screen, so am I wise to keep tucking any vertical in your opinion? My reason for doing this is to get a carpet of bud rather than vertical colas, I've never seen it done, so what d'ya think, will it work out or will I get a shitty yield? She's been in flower a few days so is in the stretch period & I'm beginning to question my plan =/

Yep buddy :)
You and your mate sound very much like me and one of my pals growing up. People often thought we were really falling out etc. But it was as you said. We kept each other grounded and had a blast giving each other crap when it was deserved! We were a right little double act! Some found it odd, to us it was just a good crack! :)

Your quite clearly a good human to my friend! :)

Back
Top Bottom