LED Grow Test

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

Hey Irish and everyone else grow with LED, Now Cammie is trying to pass off her newer model lights with lower wattage output from the LED's. The 205 watt for example only draws 180 watt so that actually means we also have to subtract the fan wattage witch is approximately 6 watts each @ 6 fans= 36 less watts. In reality the unit only emitts 144 watts of LED power. Sounds a little funny to me.

Well Scumbragger I hope you feel better.. If you feel you need to vent a little more im here for ya.. haha..

Hey and by the way since I got the third degree and really did nothing to you.. I hope the person who actually f...ed you over got it worse than me!

btw.
Hope you cleaned the piss off the floor, thats not very sanitary..

FREE LIGHT ANYONE?

Mike I guarantee your light does what you say but explain to me why I would switch and where's your market? And if you make sense or convince me I'll buy one!

However, if a HID grower who is achieving .5-.75 with HID's and can achieve 1g+ with LED's then I believe there most certainly is a benefit to a lot of growers...
This is one of the TRICKS right here folks... HID growers that only get .5 - .75 gram/watt are NOT going to magically get 1g + per watt with LED's.. The people getting 1g per watt with LED's are the same people that were getting 1g per watt with HPS or better..If you think just because you switched to LED's and now you can somehow get 1+ grams per watt (LOL) when you couldn't get 1g per watt with HID's, then your kidding yourself and the others members here..(shame on you).. You mind explaining to me and the members here how you can get 1g + per watt with LED's and you couldn't get 1g per watt with the sweet 400w hydro setup you posted about a few post ago?.. In this tread on this forum.. Stick around folks this should be good.

>
commie_special_2_.JPG
I new you were going to pull something cool.. Sweet bro... Your now my f**in hero..

This is one of the TRICKS right here folks... HID growers that only get .5 - .75 gram/watt are NOT going to magically get 1g + per watt with LED's.. The people getting 1g per watt with LED's are the same people that were getting 1g per watt with HPS or better..If you think just because you switched to LED's and now you can somehow get 1+ grams per watt (LOL) when you couldn't get 1g per watt with HID's, then your kidding yourself and the others members here..(shame on you).. You mind explaining to me and the members here how you can get 1g + per watt with LED's and you couldn't get 1g per watt with the sweet 400w hydro setup you posted about a few post ago?.. In this tread on this forum.. Stick around folks this should be good.

YEP that's called HOPE! But Mike isn't selling any of that...LOL...If LED's are so much more efficient, how much electricity will I save growing the same amount of weed with the same amount of watts making the same amount of heat to get rid of?

YEP that's called HOPE! But Mike isn't selling any of that...LOL...If LED's are so much more efficient, how much electricity will I save growing the same amount of weed with the same amount of watts making the same amount of heat to get rid of?

Good question my friend...But mike seems like a stand up guy.. But frankly I can't justify the price myself.. In 5 years when it cost $500 for that same unit, then I can talk...But $1,800 ... Not today... Sorry..

A few LED growers myself included should see how much it would cost to get an LED only forum...... That way we could test any light we want and give honest grow results with no pressure.....:cool:

Why not just do it here at 420 Mag?

I am talking about at 420mag.. Got soniq looking into it already.. I'm Just looking to get a public LED forum. One were we can all test and discuss different LED products on the market. Plus more advanced methods of using LED's also..:peace:

I'm more then interested in something that works but a 12% discount when I set folks up with their own grows and the contacts I have up here in the hydro industry only to be told your lights didn't work cause you can't grow shit...you know what they say, once bitten, twice shy! I would be the first to say I'm sorry If I'm wrong MIke,,,,,BUT A GRAM / WATT ISN"T GOING TO CUT IT![/QUOTE]

ps light is getting 1.25 gpw on a differrent forum so im guessing mikes light would have to surpass that if his 3 watt led are really the ''secret'' behind his lights. although ever source confirms that 3 one watters is more efficient than 1 three watt led, on terms of heat and light output. 99 one watters also cover more area than 33 three watt leds, the whole idea of leds is efficiency not penetration. not saying your trying to rip people off mike just that i dont think your light is as efficient as it could be, plus id love to see a 1.5 gpw with a stationary led:peace:

why do you think that 600 watts of hid puts off the same as 600 watts of led? to have that generalization would to also have you believe that hps and mh put off the same heat for the same amount of wattage, its not like that. im guessing you also think 400 watts of hps puts off the same heat as 400 in cfl, not to mention its not the same lumen output, quit hating and just think, you can put your bare a$$ on a 600 led after an entire day of running, i just wanna see your a$$ after you try that with a hps after its been on for only 30 min.

I can also add to that and say that a 400w CMH runs cooler then both a 400w HPS and a 400w MH..I Still wouldn't put my bare $ss on any one of them..:thedoubletake:

why do you think that 600 watts of hid puts off the same as 600 watts of led? to have that generalization would to also have you believe that hps and mh put off the same heat for the same amount of wattage, its not like that. im guessing you also think 400 watts of hps puts off the same heat as 400 in cfl, not to mention its not the same lumen output, quit hating and just think, you can put your bare a$$ on a 600 led after an entire day of running, i just wanna see your a$$ after you try that with a hps after its been on for only 30 min.

That's cause your talking touching the light, [edit], but I'm talking about the difference each makes to the temps in your room when watts for watts are compared.That's heat displacement. Take the plastic cover off and place the LED's on your [edit] and then come talk to me!

I'm more then interested in something that works but a 12% discount when I set folks up with their own grows and the contacts I have up here in the hydro industry only to be told your lights didn't work cause you can't grow shit...you know what they say, once bitten, twice shy! I would be the first to say I'm sorry If I'm wrong MIke,,,,,BUT A GRAM / WATT ISN"T GOING TO CUT IT!

ps light is getting 1.25 gpw on a differrent forum so im guessing mikes light would have to surpass that if his 3 watt led are really the ''secret'' behind his lights. although ever source confirms that 3 one watters is more efficient than 1 three watt led, on terms of heat and light output. 99 one watters also cover more area than 33 three watt leds, the whole idea of leds is efficiency not penetration. not saying your trying to rip people off mike just that i dont think your light is as efficient as it could be, plus id love to see a 1.5 gpw with a stationary led:peace:[/QUOTE]

Let's see it...cause i think your calc's are wrong!

ps light is getting 1.25 gpw on a differrent forum so im guessing mikes light would have to surpass that if his 3 watt led are really the ''secret'' behind his lights. although ever source confirms that 3 one watters is more efficient than 1 three watt led, on terms of heat and light output. 99 one watters also cover more area than 33 three watt leds, the whole idea of leds is efficiency not penetration. not saying your trying to rip people off mike just that i dont think your light is as efficient as it could be, plus id love to see a 1.5 gpw with a stationary led:peace:[/QUOTE]

Whats up Hood,

The selling secret behind my panels is not just the 3w/3 chip led's its a combination of that plus my 11 wavelengths (each nm at a certain percentage) that everyone seems to forget about and the 90 degree lens its a combination of all of these factors that is the 'secret' behind my panels.

Also about the 1w efficiency issue, well my 180 panel for instance uses 175 3w/3 chip leds a leading manufacturer uses 180 1w led's how is that not efficient? Your getting just about the same amount of led's as the 1w unit, the 3w are extremely brighter and have a more intense light that at the end give you a hell of a lot more yield. How is using 3w/3 chip inefficient?

Well thanks for bringing this up I did want to address this issue.

Hey Scumbragger how are you doing today, I hope better.

Just to clear things up, man I have nothing against you if I did anything to piss you off even more than how pissed of you where, than I apologize. Hope we can befriends somewhere down the line or at least be cool with each other.

Mike what is the sweet spot for your lights? I talking the distance between the plant and the light? I have mine roughly 4-6inch from the tops? To close?

i agree with this. we all know HID is bad ass, and if you can get 1.g/w with leds then you can most certainly get 1.g/w with HID. untill i see led smoking HID i will believe this. however i do believe led runs cooler in the room, because my 600w led heats up my room less then a 600w hps. but i am not talking about a cool tube.

That's cause your talking touching the light, which I would rub your bare ass all over the LED too, but I'm talking about the difference each makes to the temps in your room when watts for watts are compared.That's heat displacement. Take the plastic cover off and place the LED's on your ass and then come talk to me!

heat stress on the plants is from the radiant heat from HID beaming down on your plants not from room heat. thats why out door plants still grow just fine out in the summer heat. last grow i did was in 100F*+ room temps and i had no heat stress on my plant using the leds.

Back
Top Bottom