LED - Multiple Autos - Soil - First Grow

Hey 2Star Princes. Your plants look very happy and healthy! Nice work! I'm also on my first grow. Just started four plants last month. I have two Aurora Indicas, one Kish of God, and one Mystery Strain. I really like your strain list though. Northern Lights is a parent of my Aurora Indica, so our plants could be closely related haha.

Not sure if you've decided on specific nutrients yet but I'd like to share my experience if that's alright. I started my grow without any nutrients at all due to lack of funds. The plants can certainly go for a few weeks with only water. But eventually they will use all the good stuff in the soil and will need something extra. Most nutrients at my local hydroponics shop came in a 3 part set (Grow, Micro, and Bloom) and have additional bottles for different purposes. I hear as long as you get the 3 part set, you'll make it to harvest. But there are other nutrients like Cal/Mag which I believe are very important with LED grows.

Subbed. You got this.

Lots of information coming to you all at once so I'll sum it up real simple like

1> Lights to close you'll notice them start to turn white or bleaching.
2> If your plant has to much direct wind it will cause the leaf tips to curl up. Most because the directly blowing wind causes the rH% of around the area to drop lower than the rest.
3> High temps can also cause the leaf tips to raise as they search for more moisture/ try to hold in the moisture they already have.

Few tips
1> Keep your thermostat/hydrometer at canopy level in the tent it's the best way to tell the current temps/rh%.
2> Have fans not blowing directly at plants point them up a bit or to the side a bit a gentle breeze is what you're after.
3> Try to get a oscillating small oscillating fan it'll move the air around more and not blow directly at the plants in one spot.
4> Take it easy with nutes less is easier to fix than flushing out your pots.
5> Always get a good soil. Good soil is more important than checking the pH. I am using light mix and have for years *pause for dramatic effect* I do not own a pH meter and never have. My pH is whatever it comes out of the tap I don't even let it sit out for a day. Maybe I just got abnormally good tap water but it literally goes from tap to bottle then nutrients added. I try to make the water temp as it would be if it was sitting out but even then I just water/feed.
6> When growing under LEDs your plant will need a Cal/mag added to the mix on a regular basis not to run into any deficiency to be honest most cal/mags have a 0,0,0 N,P,K or along those line so adding it to the mix should have any ill effect on the girls.
7> Patients is key. No matter what you do your plants will grow how they grow you can not rush thing. More nutes will not make then grow faster.

Not sure if that helps but I like talking to myself anyways and the more i remind myself of thing the more I remember down the road.
:Namaste::high-five:
Happy growing and great choice in lighting :thumb:

Hello Gentlemen, :cheer:
I want to thank every one and each of You, for all the valuable information and suggestions. I keep reading Your journals every evening and trying to learn. Sparts and thebeast journals are great and have so much information and ideas, so thanks for creating those guys for new people like myself :thanks::thanks:
I learn everyday thanks to your information !
I will not be feeding my plants until the 3rd or the 4th week and I will start at 1/4th the nutes, didn't decide which nutes yet :) I do have one question about feeding: Lets say the bottle of nutes say 2ml for 1 little of water, does that mean I have to measure 1 little and put 2ml of nute and give it to the plans ? My plants take 1 gallon of water each, it gives them 20% run off. Does that mean I have to put 2ml of nute in 1 gallon of water ? I'm confused because I water with one gallon and 1 gallon contains around 4 littler of water, does it mean I have to put 8ml of nutes in one gallon than ? Or I can only use 2ml with 1 litter of water and feed them, than wait next day and water them with 1 gallon of plain water ? I hope this makes sense guys lol and hopefully You will see where I'm confused and can't find that information anywhere.
DankestBuds42 - what types of nutes did you choose for your grow ?, if You don't mind me asking.

Also I took couple pictures for You gentlemen just in case if you see something I'm doing wrong, I will be taking better pictures this weekend also. I have a small fan blowing on low, also have giant fan inside my laundry room I only use it if temps get high.

Today is Day 11 :volcano-smiley:

20160812_085142.jpg
20160812_085200.jpg
20160812_085208.jpg
20160812_085236.jpg
20160812_085242.jpg
20160812_085314.jpg

I do have one question about feeding: Lets say the bottle of nutes say 2ml for 1 little of water, does that mean I have to measure 1 little and put 2ml of nute and give it to the plans ? My plants take 1 gallon of water each, it gives them 20% run off. Does that mean I have to put 2ml of nute in 1 gallon of water ?

One gallon equals four liters, so you put 8ml of that particular nute into one gallon of water.

One gallon equals four liters, so you put 8ml of that particular nute into one gallon of water.

Croatsan thank U :) So if it says 2ml per 1 little and my plants take 1 gallon of water I have to put 8ml of nutes, this won't be overfeeding, understood. I thought for somereason if it says 2ml that means 2ml per feeding, thanks for answering.

Correct. But it's always a good idea, at first, to put less than per manufacturer's instructions. Especially in the early stage of plant's development.

Thanks :) Yes that is what everyone is saying... So if I want 1/4 I can put 2ml total in one gallon, that should be good right ? Also what is the feeding schedule ? Do I add 1/4 nutes to every watering or every other watering ? And in a week or two should I do 1/2 nutes lets say 4ml per gallon ?

Correct. If you want 1/4 strength, it's 2ml for one gallon.

When I was growing in soil, I fed them nutes every watering, but I made sure that the soil was dry before feeding. Not desert-dry, of course :) I was watering every three to four days on average. Roots need water and nutes but they also need air and by letting the soil dry inbetween waterings you give them that air.

Never had any problems.

Definitely don't mind questions haha. I originally ordered the Humboldt trio set (grow, micro, and bloom) online. But my packages never came in the mail! So I just went with something inconspicuous looking from the local hydro shop. I picked up the High Output Garden three part nutrient set, as well as "Sea Storm" which is mainly kelp and other good plant stuff. I'm interested to see what nutrients you go with for your first grow 2Star Princes. Is there any brands that you are leaning towards? Also, what is that one tall plant you have? It kind of reminds me of my brothers old lemon tree but it has a slightly different structure. Keep up the good work c:

Kelp-based products are usually pretty good. So are (many) fish-based ones. I used to like Neptune's Harvest brand for supplemental usage. I didn't like it for the sole nutrient program, because my yields were less - but either way. the harvests were flavorful and healthy. They make a crab shell product that's supposed to be great for soil grows, too... organic nutrients, lots of calcium along with a little magnesium, builds the soil, promotes a deeper root system, helps encourage the growth of chitin-eating bacteria which helps fight ants/grubs/fungus gnats/nematodes, when used as a top dressing it keeps slugs/snails off the plants and keeps rodents from digging, blah blah blah.

I haven't bought any of their products in years, but they were generally available at regular garden centers unlike a lot of "specialized" brands. Someone told me a while back that they've expanded their product line, so they might have all kinds of stuff now.

Someone is stealing your packages? Order something "signature required" and set up some kind of video camera (even an old cell phone will work) - if it's the delivery person, he/she would have to sign for it and I've read that those things are GPS notated, so they'd have to pretty much stop in front of your house anyway to manage that one... and then you've got video evidence of a thief in action.

Lemon tree? Is it a dwarf lemon tree? If so, which variety?

Every nutrient company releases feeding schedules to follow it's really not as stressful as you might think.:goodjob: the girls look great

You'll get the hang of feeding....start slow, and see how the girls react to the feeding. By adding just a little more each time and keeping an eye on the girls, you'll know if they liked it or not. Personally I was terrified of too much feed, so I only added it every other watering. When I thought I gave them too much feed and they reacted badly, I just flushed them and they perked back to normal within a few days. You got this!!:thumb:

Definitely don't mind questions haha. I originally ordered the Humboldt trio set (grow, micro, and bloom) online. But my packages never came in the mail! So I just went with something inconspicuous looking from the local hydro shop. I picked up the High Output Garden three part nutrient set, as well as "Sea Storm" which is mainly kelp and other good plant stuff. I'm interested to see what nutrients you go with for your first grow 2Star Princes. Is there any brands that you are leaning towards? Also, what is that one tall plant you have? It kind of reminds me of my brothers old lemon tree but it has a slightly different structure. Keep up the good work c:
Hi DankestBuds
How is your day going ? Im leaving toward Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Sensi Grow and Bloom. No idea if it's good for first grow. I do need to buy nutrients by end of this week :) The tall plant is avocado grown from seed it's about 2 month old :)

Kelp-based products are usually pretty good. So are (many) fish-based ones. I used to like Neptune's Harvest brand for supplemental usage. I didn't like it for the sole nutrient program, because my yields were less - but either way. the harvests were flavorful and healthy. They make a crab shell product that's supposed to be great for soil grows, too... organic nutrients, lots of calcium along with a little magnesium, builds the soil, promotes a deeper root system, helps encourage the growth of chitin-eating bacteria which helps fight ants/grubs/fungus gnats/nematodes, when used as a top dressing it keeps slugs/snails off the plants and keeps rodents from digging, blah blah blah.

I haven't bought any of their products in years, but they were generally available at regular garden centers unlike a lot of "specialized" brands. Someone told me a while back that they've expanded their product line, so they might have all kinds of stuff now.

Someone is stealing your packages? Order something "signature required" and set up some kind of video camera (even an old cell phone will work) - if it's the delivery person, he/she would have to sign for it and I've read that those things are GPS notated, so they'd have to pretty much stop in front of your house anyway to manage that one... and then you've got video evidence of a thief in action.

Lemon tree? Is it a dwarf lemon tree? If so, which variety?

Hi TorturedSoul,
It's baby avocado from seed. It was in water for about a month than I had to put it in soil (did a little late) Now it's getting sun and looks not that bad, will go on my balcony in a couple of weeks :)

Spart and Willismom - Thanks guys :) Thanks for all your help. So Im leaving towards advance nutrients like beast is saying. Is AN ok for my first grow ? Or should I stick with organic nutes for the first grow and see how it goes, what you all guys think ?

This is the feed i first chose mate on my growing journey.i chose it for its ph perfect elements. And i still use it today years later.it does everything it says it does and it has a 100 percent money back guarentee if your not happy. But i can promise u .u will be very happy if this is your final choice.it really is great feed mate.cnt go wrong.hope this helps and happy growing ;)

Hello Gentlemen, :love:
I watered my little once on Saturday, and before that it was Monday. This was their 3rd watering. I believe they are over watered, I waited until the soil is dry and their pot weight was light. I believe I should water them once a week now or even every 8 days or so, because it's 3 gallon pots. I noticed growth has stopped a little, although there is new growth on top. Here are some pictures of droopy leaves. Also when I watered them on Saturday leaves were more droopy.
14 Days Old
20160815_194622.jpg
20160815_194637.jpg
20160815_194702.jpg
20160815_194734.jpg
20160815_194747.jpg

Back
Top Bottom