Let's Attempt A 1lb Grow!

The lights is going to be at the beginning a Enjoyed which pulls 220 from the wall and another LED that pulls 110 from the wall. This will hold me over until I get my Mars hydro 3000.

new light should support a lb.

Pop cover? Sorry that's not LED it's only a regular screw in bulb I didn't have time to set up the 110 watt last night don't even know if I have the means to hook it up they might have to wait until my tent gets here

tortured means you can pop the top half of the bulb off. it comes apart and exposes the emitters. guys do it all the time for cheap seedling lights as cfls are becoming extinct.

Let me ask you this what's up with the 24/0. I mean yeah done a lot of research on it but doesn't you plants need time for rest? I would think that would stress them. But they would be continuously growing. So I am trying it out. Find me some way to set up that 110 watt today and then next week they'll be in the tent and it won't matter

you can run an auto 24/0 to shorten the total growing time, and you can run photos 24/0 to shorten veg time. trade off is generally a little smaller plant and may effect yield.

you can also run a photo 12/12 from seed with a similar effect. a lot of photo sog grows are based around 12/12.

they are all techniques developed in underground commercial. smaller volume but quicker turn around, so the grower gets more grows in per year.

Speaking of out dated lights, how about these babies! Inherited them from TKs friend

They would do the trick on a small grow though

1660133350340453042851650740448.jpg

16601333966835524226481216721180.jpg

nice. hps / mh was the backbone of home grow for yrs. i used to grow with a 600w hps in 4x4 space.
I contemplated using these in a small tent one day for a single plant grow...maybe I still will..bucket list

If you run a shorter veg under any schedule you will get a smaller yield. 24/0 will get you faster growth. How big you let your plants grow before flipping is still entirely up to you.

they'll hit fifth node sexual maturity as a little smaller plant comparatively.

What does when they hit maturity have anything to do with veg size when you flip? You can veg a sexually mature plant as long as you like.

24/0 through 97 days of veg:

indoor only grow is completely different. the plant will hit fifth node sexual maturity faster as a smaller plant under 24/0. you can grow it as much as you want after that, but it negates the reason for running 24/0 in the first place.

How? Are you saying that something that we don't want happens once a plant hits alternating nodes?

no, i'm saying the motivation used to be primarily for a faster turn around

That's different from this:

...which could lead Marcus to think he will get a smaller yield at 24/0.

well at some point he's gotta run 12/12. unless i got turned around and they're autos. in which case 24/0.

It read more as advice than a hypothetical!

i'm not saying do it,lol
just that both are/were widely used techniques

to clarify : you can run photos 24/0 veg for faster growth to the fifth node, drawback is generally a smaller plant at fifth node, but gets there faster. then run 12 / 12 flower. you can of course extend veg.

alternately, you can run photos 12/12 from seed and they will flower at fifth node much like an auto. again the plant and yield will be smaller.

in both instances the grow time is shorter than an 18/6 12/12 photo grow.

You can always bury them deeper when you transplant!
Funny you said that because I plan on letting them get root bound in these cups! That's why I brought home 8 large Dunkin' donut cups because I will have a 4-in ring of the top of the cup which will fit perfectly inside the small cup for their long stems that I wanted, but now that I got that other light in there the other ones probably won't have the longer stems and they'll have to stay as is :-(! Because I wanted them to stretch out like that in the first place by the way cuz I had planned on doing a run like this and when they become root bound in these Dunkin cups they will go into their final resting spot and like I said A week later start budding them out.

My tent and my fox farm 2 cubic foot will arrive tomorrow. I also have round pans for the pots for water drainage. And like I said you know what I'll be ordering next ventilation nutes so on and so forth

Hope all is well everyone. Only one plant will be named and I'll have her marked haven't marked her yet too tired long day at work.

I calculated all this in with the only little dirt I had left to start these seeds in which was peat moss regular playground sand and some fine Rich topsoil that's what these seeds are planted in. At the time like I said it was all that I had and I will top fill as I stated for some of the long stems once Fox farm gets here tomorrow and get them set up. I will also go ahead and fill in the cups as I had planned once they get a little taller so they all will be the same and in uniform

They'll do better if you upcan before they get root bound. It will take them much longer to grow into their new pots if they're bound, and if you flip a week after transplant it will be like flowering them in the Dunkin cups.
Yeah but they won't be able to stay that long in those pots cuz they're only 2 gallons but I will have time and be able to switch the 2 gal for 3gal if I choose too which I probably will by the way that's why I'm going to let him get root bound in the cup. I just want to get a good yeild out of them

Well I'm afraid of is the 2 gallon. Because they say you need a gallon for each month of growth so if I put them in here and let them grow longer than 2 weeks still in veg I think that might make them root bound in my flower stage. I have to plan ahead so that's why hell with it I might just go ahead and order the three gallon pots too and another two cubic feet of dirt cuz I only calculated for 2 gallons. That's what I think about the two gallon deal maybe I wouldn't think in quite right on that one so like I said I got plenty of time to get the 3 gallon pots

Back
Top Bottom