Let's Grow A Pound

send me some questions anytime you like i will be happy to help.

i started a journal and am about to post up some pics... when you get some time check it out and let me know what you thin about the grow.

When you get your journal started, put a link to it in your sig. That way people reading even your old posts will see the link. Really helps to pull traffic to your thread. :welcome:

Morning all. Had to pop in and check the soil ph before the lights came on and decided while I was in there I might as well snap off a few pics. WW is swelling up pretty dang fast and the two Barney's are producing calyxes and trichs at a whirlwind pace. Interestingly, when the trich covered leaves are touched, they leave a distinctly lemon smell on you. There is no smell of lemon in the air...just the overpowering smell of a splattered skunk on hot asphalt...most times that would be a revolting smell, but not under this particular set of circumstances.

Quick update pics...

WW
100_1192.jpg

100_1193.jpg

Barney's #2
100_1195.jpg

100_11961.jpg

Barney's #1
100_1197.jpg

100_1199.jpg

Soil ph has started to drop a bit again. Still well within range though. Everything is clipping right along. Sometime next week I'll begin the process of removing more leaves off the WW, to allow the light in to swell the buds up as much as possible. She's short but she's a real producer. Trich formation is going good...although alot slower than the Barney's. The soil tests indicate that the Barney's are taking phos. out of the soil quicker than I'm putting it in. I'm hammering the hell out of them with bat guano tea and guano mixed into the soil and they are eating it up. The WW is also taking it in, but not at the extreme rate of the Barneys. I have more tea brewing up and I'll give them another good drink tomorrow.

Y'all have a great day.

Can you add anything to your tea mix to boost phos? I don't have any experience with the tea componants, and you're starting to pique my interest, so I'm curious.

Cheers

The bat guano is .5-12-.5...it's just loaded with phos. Soil application is a slow release, while the tea is quick absorbtion. I'm ramping up the strength of this next brew just a tad. But there is a warning with using guano. It may be organic, but you can burn the holy hell out of your plants if you're not careful. The seabird guano, which is a high N guano, is particularly hot I've been warned. You must gradually increase the strength of the tea until you determine what the plant can actually take. I seem to be at, or very close to, the limit for WW but the Barney's are just screaming for more. I'm also still using the Pura Vida nutes every third "watering"...the waterings have been replaced by tea feeds. It may seem a little odd, but low phos soil readings after a tea feed are extremely encouraging...means the plants got it all.

Hey Southern,
just stopping in to give you some props on those nice plants.

quick question,
How important do you think your Bat Guanos are to your Feeding Schedule? Would you say they are on par with your nutes?
I ask because Guanos have had my interest for quite sometime now.

Very important. The pictures of the two Barney's dont do justice to the ridiculous number of calyxes, nor the visually evident daily swell of the buds. I attribute the surge in production to being able to really load down the plant with phos. I will never buy any "bud booster" ever again, this stuff costs 7 bucks a bag and one bag is more than enough for 3 plants...probably enough for 5, and it outperforms anything I've ever tried, seen tried or heard about being tried...it's bud steroids.

The thing that has me the most intrigued is how the different guanos compliment each other so well. The seabird guano is perfect for the veg stage, very high nitrogen content, and there are multiple types of bat guano that move all over the N-P-K scale...the differences in values being determined by the diet of the bat. The addition of some seawees/kelp will help in bringing the K rating up, essential if you are doing a little seed cropping. So simply by buying about $40 worth of guano and seaweed/kelp, you'll have enough on hand to ammend the soil of at least 4 plants, and most likely 5, with enough left over to provide tea feed waterings for your entire grow. A high performance, completely customizable nute program for about $40. I pay more than that for one quart of liquid nutes, where the only thing I control is the strength.

My next grow will be conducted using nothing but the guanos...so regardless of what the grow is titled, I'll always think of it as "SouthernWeed Goes to Shit".

haha Classic Tittle.
Trust me I can tell your buds are putting out callyxes like crazy. Your mid and lower buds are tremendously long from what im used to seing. How long are you into flowering?

Thanks for the inside info, I was looking for a journal that had info on Guanos to help persuade me to buy em or not, And a quart of any brand name nute is at least 15 and goes up to 25, its truly a bargain.
as for "Bud Boosters" ive only bought Canna's PK 13/14 and that's a late flowering nute, and my Ph tends to be off by that time.lol

Now I just have to be patient with my Feeding Strengths ( I tend to be a bit Heavy )

Very impressive for day 35. I see a bud of the month award for you in the next couple of months.

EDIT: If you weren't staff that is.

Back
Top Bottom