Light of Jah - Early Wonder Skunk - Soil - OC+ From Seed

Re: Light of Jah, Early Wonder Skunk, Soil, OC+, from seed

JUST A QUICK PEEK AT THE GIRLS

I absolutely love the LST. Look at all the growing tips.

SAM_0216.jpg

SAM_0218.jpg

SAM_0219.jpg

SAM_02201.jpg

Soon we'll be switching to 12/12. Stay tuned.
:theband::theband::party:

Ladies are looking fantastic, the boys are looking lonely!!! :( Good job!!

Don't let Tmac near the boys! SHE'LL DE-NAD THEM!

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

Don't let Tmac near the boys! SHE'LL DE-NAD THEM!

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I only bring my special skills to people who need them....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Re: Light of Jah, Early Wonder Skunk, Soil, OC+, From Seed

HEMP ROCKET! I got a question for you! Which do you think is better, running your veg room with the light on 24 hours 7 days a week or running the classic 18 hours on 6 hours off every 24 hours cycle and why do you like that one over the other one? Just trying to get some statistics from what everyone im in contact with on this site thinks :)

HEMP ROCKET! I got a question for you! Which do you think is better, running your veg room with the light on 24 hours 7 days a week or running the classic 18 hours on 6 hours off every 24 hours cycle and why do you like that one over the other one? Just trying to get some statistics from what everyone im in contact with on this site thinks :)

good question, i have mine on 24 right now but i dont know why, since you brought it up im pulling out 1 of my timers right now to switch mine to 18/6 just due to my electricity bill being so high right now.

Personally I try to replicate their natural environment as much as possible. As such, MJ plants would never encounter 24 hours of light in nature so that is one factor in my decision to run 18 hours of light. Another factor is electricity. I'm hoping that I will save myself a little cash if I run them for 18 hours instead of 24. It's doubtful though because when the lights are off I need a little heater in my tent to keep them warm and heaters use a lot of electricity too.

Hope this helps. :tokin:

@ Blazin you honestly dont see any benefit at useing the 24 hour light cycle? Well now that your switching to 18/6 I emplore you to post about your new experience and weather you stick with or or switch back to 24.
@HempRocket yeah dude I feel you on wanting to keep it Natural. And unless they were in "mystery Alaska" or "Nome Alaska" not only would you be scared as shit about aliens like I am(if you've seen close encounters of the 4th kind) but your plants would be exposed to a 24 hour light cycle for at least some portion of the year! Lol, though that really makes no difference in my argument. Expecially in your case and in my case! The plants continue to grow so your plant gets taller faster and check this out dude and I dont know why no one thinks this way but check it out. In a week there is 7 days, so in 7 days there are 168 hours (7X24) so lets say 2 random people...lets call one john and ther other jerry. Lets say john and jerry are both growing plants but only for a week. john chooses the 24 hour cycle while jerry chooses the 18on 6 off cycle.
So they both grow for 7 days (168 hours)
Though theres a signifigant difference in there grows.
Johns plant has had light for a constant 168 hours while jerrys light has only been on for 126 hours, a full 42 hours less than john, so jerry basically had is plant in submission 2 out of the 7 days allowed. I GUARANTEE that if growing the same strain perfectly with the same exact nutes and everything was perfect in an unperfect world like it should be then Johns plant will be bigger. And my main point in all of this is that in all likeliness I would make the assumption that jerry would need to grow his plant for an extra 42 hours to get his plant to the same size as johns plant. Now take this idea and expand it over the coarse of a month which is how long I veg and thats why I do it this way. I figure if i get there faster I can start a new plant sooner get paid sooner ect.
The only thing I can see fucking this up is that I realized in the middle of writing this that Electricity is more expensive durring the day than it is at night. Which is why you could save probably 5 bucks a YEAR switching to the 18/6. I'd rather have the speed than the 5 or 10 bucks. And keep my plants warm. But thats my friendly argument. I am open to friendly feirce debate! So who can persuade my ass differently!?
Best,
PG I think its time for a :roorrip:

I don't think I want to persuade you to change to 18/6. I think everyone is adapting their grow to their own personal circumstances. I think this is one of those questions that has no right answer.

Many plants do in fact need a rest (dark) period. Cannabis, however, is one of those plants that do not need a rest period. You can keep them under 24 hours of light without any problems. It will continue to photosynthesize as long as it keeps receiving light.

I think it all depends on your personal preferences. Personally, I don't think that it would make much of a difference. Just my opinion though. :Namaste:

I don't think I want to persuade you to change to 18/6. I think everyone is adapting their grow to their own personal circumstances. I think this is one of those questions that has no right answer.

Many plants do in fact need a rest (dark) period. Cannabis, however, is one of those plants that do not need a rest period. You can keep them under 24 hours of light without any problems. It will continue to photosynthesize as long as it keeps receiving light.

I think it all depends on your personal preferences. Personally, I don't think that it would make much of a difference. Just my opinion though. :Namaste:

I agree 100%. I use 24/0, because I get better vegging out of my girls. More light, more photosynthesis, more leaves, more everything.

I have always used the 18/6 schedule for vegetation. This is a good debate. I think i may try the 24/0 on my next crop, and compare the results from previous crops to determine which works better with my equipment. The 18/6 has been giving me beautiful plants, heck if the 24/0 makes em more explosive, i'm all for it. Love a good experiment. :)

Guys,

This issue came up on my thread as well. Here's some info I posted from another board:

"This is a direct quote from Ed Rosenthal whom most of you know is a marijuana growing guru:

Marijuana plants photosynthesize as long as they receive light as well as water, air, nutrients and suitable temperature. Photosynthesis is the process in which plants use the energy from light (primarily in the blue and red spectrum's) to combine carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air and water (H2O) to make sugar while releasing oxygen to the air.

Plants use sugars continuously to fuel metabolic processes (living) as well as for tissue building. The plant combines nitrogen (N) with the sugar to make amino acids, the building blocks of proteins. They are the substance of plant tissue. When the light is off, the plant's metabolic processes, respiration and growth, continue.

The plant can photosynthesize continuously so it produces the most energy and growth when the light is on, continuously. Continuous light does not stress the plant, which reacts somewhat mechanistically to it.

Plants under an 18-6 light-dark regimen are producing sugar only three quarters of the time. They are thus growing at only 75% of their potential. Leaving the light on continuously will result in bigger plants, faster, which leads to higher yields."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"The following information is straight from Greg Green's "The Cannabis Grow Bible"

Cannabis is a light demanding plant. Professional growers keep the light on their plants using the 24/0 photoperiod for this reason. Plants that grow under 24/0 flourish and do not need a quantity of darkness in order to rest and perform photosynthesis properly. Plants that are grown in optimal conditions under 24/0 light regime grow vigorusly and the benefits of a 24/0 photoperiod can be seen actively in the results. More nodes are formed, more branches are created, leaf numbers increase, the plant is growing at its finest.

Some growers opt to use 18/6 as their photoperiod. This is 18 hours of light, six hours of darkness light regime. Under these conditions the plant will grow quite naturally but not as vigorously as the 24/0 photoperiod.

The 18/6 photoperiod expels 3/4 the amount of light that a 24/0 photoperiod does. Although this does not mean that a plant produces 1/4 less leaves,branches and nodes under the 18/6 photoperiod, it certainly does show the correlation between light and cannabis growth. As we have said already, cannabis is a light demanding plant. There are no problems associated with 24/0 and although some have attributed cannabis sexual dysfunction (the hermaphrodite conditon) to 18/6 photoperiod these problems are actually the result of heat stress.

A 24/0 photoperiod requires that your grow room temperature be kept well monitored. The 18/6 option is cheaper to run. You use a quarter less electricity and this will have an impact on your electricity bill. Also the 18/6 photoperiod will generally extend the bulb's lifespan. During the 6 hours of darkness the grow room is allowed to cool down for this period but a well maintained good grow room setup should not require a cooling down period.

24/0 and 18/6 both share the same problem though. Once you start the photoperiod you should keep that way especially when the plants near maturity (the preflowering stage). An irregular photoperiod can cause more males than females to develop. It can also cause sexual dysfunction to appear. Whether you choose 24/0 or 18/6 as your vegetative photoperiod try to keep that photoperiod unitl your plants are mature enough to express their sex."

Back
Top Bottom