MaggiesFarm - 1st Grow - Soil - Indoor/Outdoor - Nirvana Freebies - 2014

CD, welcome and thanks for the advice. I did get them transplanted today in the 5 gal air pots and now have them outside. All they got was some distilled water with CaMg+. Pics coming tomorrow.

Hello Maggies, hope your deficiency issue is over now, waiting for promises pics :)

Goods vibs from here :ganjamon:

The plants appear to be very happy with their new bigger pots and the outdoors. Yesterday they were transplanted into a fresh FFOF/vermiculite mix, 90%/10% and were watered in with 1 gal distilled water and 5ml CaMg+.

I want to give them another day of peace before I top them and attempt to clone the removed tops. I'm thinking about the chop point being above the node where the big stretch is on both of them.

FTB-01 is the one that was showing the lighter color on top in the last set of pics. I'd say she's looking really good.
CAM001431.jpg

CAM001452.jpg

This is FTB-02, the one that suffered the light burn. The outdoors is agreeing with her.
CAM001441.jpg

CAM001465.jpg

The next picture update should be in a couple days after they get topped.

Lovely photos, lovely plants, MaggiesFarm. Thanks. btw, what's FFOF? I'm guessing Fox Farm...? Tried to buy their nutes online, but the site is RESTRICTED over here! PS Sexy pots - are those the airpots? Are they worth it?

Mr T, thanks for the nice comments. This is the best the plants have looked so far. They have survived my best efforts to kill them with kindness.

FFOF is Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Those are the 5 gallon Superroots Air-Pots. So far so good on my grow. A lot of people here like them.

So after some research, and a almost sleeping with the ladys last night ;) ive came to the conclusion that my issue (plant went into flower, brought back into veg, now has 3 point leafs) is they have became mutated due to the stress. doesnt seem to be uncommon from what ive researched, anyone here hear of anything like this?

When a female cannabis plant re vegetates they can produce single bladed leaves and triple bladed leaves until the plant is fully back in vegetative growth.

When I first began to grow cannabis I did not adjust the pH of my nutrient mixture as I was told soil could buffer tap water and had many deficiency problems until I began to adjust the pH of my nutrient mixture to avoid nutrient lockouts.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

When I first began to grow cannabis I did not adjust the pH of my nutrient mixture as I was told soil could buffer tap water and had many deficiency problems until I began to adjust the pH of my nutrient mixture to avoid nutrient lockouts.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Did you use the Ocean Forest soil at that time? Im not doubting what you say at all because you grow better lookin plants than I have but what I said above was based on my first experience using the FFOF in my first journal which I believe you followed. The advice I got was check and adjust PH, which I did and my problem got worse. I was also told I was feeding too much but then told you cant do too much in Organic Soil. My first journal was a complete failure but I keep it linked in my sig as a reference to others that have the same issues. I was the biggest problem because I tried to do too much and made problems worse by feeding when it wasnt time to feed yet and adjusting PH up and down because it wasnt in range. I havent looked at a PH meter in over a year now and my plants are in much better shape.

The main thing is to not add any extra nutes to that fresh soil for a few weeks at least. Adjust PH if ya want, it definitely isnt gonna hurt as long as you remember to adjust after you mix the nutes when you do start feeding again.

About clipping your lady. ive found its a good rule of thumb to top above the third node. plant seems to respond nicely, but always interested in other training styles. let us know what node you cut above! :)

I&i

Will do Gf. Weather permitting, the topping happens this afternoon and I'll have before and after pics. I'm thinking of cutting below the big stretch on both plants. I've got the Rapid Rooters ready to go for the tops.

Indoor grower here **

i have became addicted to cloning. i just started cloning about 6 months ago and have not had one die yet. ive found it best to go by these steps
(prep your root cubes in pH'd water for 24 hrs)
Cut early in the morning allowing the plant to heal its self.
if taking multiple cuttings have a bottle of water to place the cut stem into temporarily
once ready tools out good to go
take a razor blade and cut a nice 45 degree angle as clean as possible
with razor blade shave the bottom inch of the cut stem (just scrape off the top layer of skin allowing roots to grow easily)
take the razor blade and cut upward from the bottom of the stem almost like a bannana peal
dip it into the rooting gel for 10-20 seconds
place into the rooting cube
place into a black box with a transparent lid on top (spray top of dome daily) make sure cube is always moist

some will say to leave it with a t5 light as it doesn't need the MH light or wont survive, this is wrong.
ive made around 60 clones not one dying with no fancy clone machine with it being inside my grow tent under my 400 MH

Thanks Gf. I'll have to wait until Friday if I'm going to snip early. I agree with your reasoning on the timing.

Sometimes I think we are running a hotel, or flophouse, at home. My in-laws dropping in for a week at a time is bad enough. Now we've got friends of my wife staying in our guest room for a few days because their A/C is out. I certainly don't mind helping people, but it cramps my style. My grow closet is in that room and I have to get supplies out of there whenever I might need them. It's locked so that's not a worry, but they have already asked if I could unlock it for them. I told them I didn't have the key. I've got a beer cooler in the garage where I wet age briskets for BBQ contests. I've got one in there now and I come home yesterday to find the lid of the cooler propped open due to some water bottles not laying flat. Nobody knows who did this and then I see one of my wife's friends with a bottle of water.

Oops, guess this turned into a gripe post about random annoyances....sorry.

In-Laws are a pain in the ass aren't they? You feel obligated to help and in the end you want to throw them out.

Oh by the way what are they saying about the plants outside? I think they look great, the sun can really help them produce quickly, and man, they get big.

The in-law visits have been scheduled...this time. That invasion runs July 11-19. Right now it's my wife's friends that are the invasive species. I've always made it a policy to equip guest rooms with a not-to-comfortable double bed. I don't like anyone staying too long. The fat slob that almost ruined my $130 waygu brisket and his wife/gf may be cool, but they can't be comfortable in that bed.

The plants outdoors are safe from prying eyes for now. As fast as they are growing though they will start to appear from behind their cover. I've got a spot to move them when that time comes. My mother-in-law saw them last weekend when I transplanted and moved them outdoors. She asked what they were and I told her they were South American tomato plants.

Hey TP, glad you dropped in. The one thing I do know is they weren't underwatered LOL. I thought they were at first, because of the Air Pots, when they were sitting too close to the light, so I decided to drown them Friday and Saturday.

Yeah I wish I knew what I'm growing here, just in case I really like it. It happens with cigars too, when somebody gives you an unbanded smoke.
:blunt:

I had the same thing happen to me when I purchased seeds from AMS, they sent 20 freebies that were unmarked. I simply sent an email and asked them what they were and they told me. That's where my "Little Frankenstein" strain came from. Just so you know, the free seeds doesn't necessarily mean that they will grow an inferior strain. Good luck my fellow Blues friend. Nice job on them so far and Keep up the good work.
:bravo:

Draft is this weekend they have the 21st overall and 8 other picks. The scouting manager is the lead story on their website, if anyone's interested.

"Grandma/In-Law, we raise these smelly flowers from South America for our brownies, it makes them taste soooo delicious." :rofl:

OK, the plants get topped tomorrow morning. I was all set to do it today and couldn't find my Clonex. That stuff is too expensive to just lose a new bottle of it. After getting to work I remembered where I put it, so tomorrow it is. Will take and post before and after pics.

Back
Top Bottom