Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Table

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

I love the way you say stoners make things more complicated!!!! That is so true. Great idea using the foam to separate! This is going to be very interesting!! :thumb:

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

Thanks man, I am just a critical thinker, not a critical person, I am glad you took the comment the right way. Sometimes I can be too curt and offend, this is not intended.

I think for a scientific comparison you should divide the are evenly by sq ft. , is that the way it is set up? Let the extra coverage of the HPS bounce back to its area and add to its weight total, this would be the best way to bring this in line with scientific method... if that's what you want. I would also abide by the 18" rule for the DS, that is what the manufacturer recommends. Kyle had told me you can go 14 with the old extreme flowers.

I take all comments positively. After all I dont believe anybody is here to cause problems and criticize. Any suggestion is welcome in my journal.

The board is above the exact center of the flood table. Theoretically, they do have the same exact area, BUT as mentioned before a couple branches have streched over the table on the HPSside in search of light. I am going to keep these branches there. I dont want to waste perfectly good buds! But the difference is quite minimal.

As for the LED distance they are now 19" away from the canopy. I predict that they will have grown another inch by tmrw or the next day and will be at the 18 inch mark. From there I will keep them at 18 inches as they finish their stretch. And thank you, because when I recieved my DS 200, it didnt have the paper that gave an ideal distance so I was kindof just guessing so that info really helped.

I love the way you say stoners make things more complicated!!!! That is so true. Great idea using the foam to separate! This is going to be very interesting!! :thumb:

Hey CF, its funny I had actually read that the day before I wrote that in Cervantes Grow Bible and I believe it to be somewhat true. If you haven't gotten a copy I would highly suggest it. It's probably the best Marijuana cultivation book on the market. Best i've read at least.

I' m late as usual :) gonna pay real close attention to this. I so want led's to surpass Hid, in order to justify cost. Love that purple light. Oh so pretty!
I'm subbed.

Excuse me ilynnboy, i forgot to welcome you! Glad to have you join!

Nice job, Beans! :welldone:

I should have loaned you my LED for this test. With half the lights out, you wouldn't need the divider! :rofl:

Nice job, Beans! :welldone:

I should have loaned you my LED for this test. With half the lights out, you wouldn't need the divider! :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: its not nice to laugh at others misfortunes, but when theyre the one making the joke... :)

Thanks Magic Beans.
I am glad to be able to follow along.
Good luck

Like OMM said "Oh the pretty colors".....I'm along for the ride as well. Pretty sure where we are going, but the getting there is where it's at.

Hello and good luck with your grow, how many plants under the LED btw?

Damn late to the show again? Got an extra place by the bong for this old man?

I swear, I'm gonna sell my iMac to buy an Advanced Diamond......3 brand shootout?

:bongrip: - JZ

@OG13: welcome to the grow... The journey of growing cannabis never ends, it just has many pitstops.

@jazzfudge: welllcome to my journal as well as 420mag! You will find that this is the place to be! I have 2 plants under each light and each light shares 2 plants split by the barrier.

@JZ: wellcome JZ! Glad u could make it! These LEDs are especially bright... I would recommend. I just cant wait to see the results. Know what else i cant wait for? You and stevehman to start your grow competition. Thats going to be a blast! Excuse me i ha enr visited your journal in a while. Im on the way!

Twelve12: love the avatar! Its like a cannabis cadillac symbol! You must only grow luxory meds :)

Three full days with the divider. Any noticeable differences yet?
couple of pics?
Purple is my favourite color.
So Lets have a look shall we?

~~~UPDATE~~~

So far, I'm not seeing much of a difference in the two sides. The buds on the HPS side SEEM to be developing a tad larger, but I could be wrong. The LED side seems to be developing more abundant trichomes, but again it is too early to tell still. Each side is developing wonderfully, though. Anybody want to make any predictions yet?

Day 19

Temp: 76-79
rH: 40-50
PPM: 425
pH: 6.4

day_11_0014.jpg
day_11_009.jpg
day_11_0081.jpg
day_11_0072.jpg
day_11_0062.jpg
day_11_0054.jpg
day_11_0043.jpg
day_11_0034.jpg
day_11_0024.jpg

I am still waiting for new growth to begin on the little clones in my other tent for the other journal.

What a great true comparison grow. It is going to be very interesting!

I know it is too early to tell, however you ask if anyone would like to make a prediction....I think the HPS is going to kick the LEDs butt. I could be wrong. You asked. I told!

It is interesting that you notice bigger tichs on the LED side! :goodjob:

Do you have a kill-a-watt meter? I would be interested in seeing the actual yield per watt when the grow is complete. I am guessing the 200w DS has a draw of about 190~200w and the HPS has a total draw of 275~300 (both measured at the wall plug). That would give the HPS about a 30~50% wattage increase.

Do you have a kill-a-watt meter? I would be interested in seeing the actual yield per watt when the grow is complete. I am guessing the 200w DS has a draw of about 190~200w and the HPS has a total draw of 275~300 (both measured at the wall plug). That would give the HPS about a 30~50% wattage increase.

I see your point. But if you take 250 divided by 200. You get a 20% advantage and not 30 to 50%. Why would a 250 Watt HPS draw 275 to 300?:scratchinghead:

No kill-a-watt meter. I thought about getting a few to see what my consumption is but i havent yet. And youre right the hps does have probably ~ 90w of actual power draw on the LED. I still wouldn't be surprised if the LED pulled through and equaled total yield. My guess is that g/w and possibly g/sq ft LED will prevail, but the HPS might yield slightly more, due to its bigger coverage and the fact tjat it does give off more power. If it were 300wDS vs. The 250 jps im sure it would be a different story, but im working with what ive got. All i know is that this DS light is already giving off impressive results so far, also, if what im seeing isnt an illusion, and the trichomes really are more prominent with these lights, id take more potent meds any day. But maybe i will get a kill a watt to give exact outputs.

@CF: thanks for youre prediction. Maybe i should call ms. Cleo for a free tarrot readin'... Ya mon!!

Back
Top Bottom