Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Table

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

Thought it was a versus between LED and HPS what you have here is a combined LED and HPS, hehe the title had me thinking something else. That's cool though, the plants will reap the benefits from two different lights especially the ones right on the edge between the LED and HPS. Good luck on the grow man, the plants loving their new sun.

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

That is a good question 12. This grow is mainly for getting quality nugs. The comparison is mainly for my own personal results. I have thought of purting a wall in for more accurate results, but its not in my priorities, if you know what I mean. Although i will say this: i havent seen any other HPS vs. LED comparisons and if enough people request it within the next week or so, I will definitely put one in for the sake of arguement and to give more accurate results for the 420 community. Because after all, we post journals here not only to show our goods and request help, but to help and inform our fellow 420ans, correct? So so far, you, and TorturedSoul have mentioned a barrier. I will count those as "requests" for a wall. If I get ohhh lets say 6 more "requests" in a couple weeks, consider it done!

@McMuffinFace: welcome and thanks for sitting in on this one! Im just gonna guess you like McDonalds for breakfast? I like Weedies: breakfast of the champs!

Well, I for one would like to see a divider... It would be interesting to see the difference side by side. But either way, I'll keep watching. :)

I would like to see an accurate comparison too! Like my gro bro Med Man, I would like to see the wall too!! It would be EXTREMELY intersting!!! :thumb:

I would like to see an accurate comparison too! Like my gro bro Med Man, I would like to see the wall too!! It would be EXTREMELY intersting!!! :thumb:

Even with the wall it's still a loaded experiment isn't it? What with the heat from the HID and all.

Well lokks like im putting in a divider lol. Ill have it in by tomorrow with an update.

@mcmuffinface: its only a 250w hps. Doesnt give off too much heat and my extraction fan takes it all away. Ambient temps have peaked at 81, and its only been like that once. The avg temp is 78. Just perfect. They love the environment.

Update tomorrow as well as a link to my next journal. Well, back to work. Thanks all for contributing and letting me know that you want the divider.

~~~UPDATE~~~ ~~~BARRIER IN PLACE~~~

Ok. due to popular demand, a barrier has been put into place between the two lights. While contemplating how I should install this barrier, I read a highlight under an image in my recently purchased CERVANTES grow bible (best book ever!) saying how stoners have a way of making the most simple things complicated. That told me one thing: either making a barrier is super complicated, or I'm a stoner. Which one do you think? Anyways. My extremely simple, yet effective and cheap solution: a $3 sheet of Elmers white foam board. its non-glossy white will be a great reflector for the lights on each side.

Today is day 15 of flower for these Ladies. Sorry about the pics. it seems my camera can handle the HPS and LED together, but when separated, the light of each one screws with the camera a little. I topped of with some full strength nutrient gallons and added KoolBloom to the mix.

This is now OFFICIALLY a versus grow.

DAY 15 FLOWER

temp: 77-79
rH: 50-60
ppm: 425
ph: 6.3

day_11_0013.jpg
day_11_0053.jpg
day_11_0042.jpg
day_11_0023.jpg
day_11_0033.jpg

"If you give a man a bud, he smokes for a day. If you teach a man to grow, he smokes for a lifetime."

The way the HPS light is reflecting off of the board it looks like a tractor beam from a space ship. "Beam me up".

The LED pic is a bit deceptive, it looks like only the center is getting any light, but I know that thing is bright! You can get an idea of the footprint by the reflection on the board, the light does make it to the edges.

The way the HPS light is reflecting off of the board it looks like a tractor beam from a space ship. "Beam me up".

The LED pic is a bit deceptive, it looks like only the center is getting any light, but I know that thing is bright! You can get an idea of the footprint by the reflection on the board, the light does make it to the edges.

"we come in peace... LEO!!"

Its funny you should mention that because even to the naked eye it looks like tge light doesnt make it to the edge, but put your hand under the light and you see that it makes it just fine.

Cool! Love the "stonerfied" solution. ;)

Should make it fun and interesting - does this create air-flow problems for you at all? Looking great, btw!

:goodluck:

I think the suggested light distance for the DS is 18", why si high above the canopy?

Nice looking grow.

Well the light is actually only about 20 inches away. It looks further but its just camera trickery. Ive seen what too close of an LED can do and i dont want bleaching!

Each light has the same area, although some branches on the hps side stretched a little farther out, but to be fair the hps does have a bigger coverage, and that factor does need to be taken into account. Both lights should be used to their full potential to get the fairest results. There will also be g/w and g/ sq ft.

As for plants each light has 2 plants and are sharing 2 plants (the divider is covering the middle of 2 plants). Although more of the shared plants are on the HPS side. But I think most will agree that canopy space has a lot more influence on yield than plant count.

Thanks for joining this one Maer! Im sure your questions are appreciated by many others! Know what? +reps. Yup

I' m late as usual :) gonna pay real close attention to this. I so want led's to surpass Hid, in order to justify cost. Love that purple light. Oh so pretty!
I'm subbed.

Well the light is actually only about 20 inches away. It looks further but its just camera trickery. Ive seen what too close of an LED can do and i dont want bleaching!

Each light has the same area, although some branches on the hps side stretched a little farther out, but to be fair the hps does have a bigger coverage, and that factor does need to be taken into account. Both lights should be used to their full potential to get the fairest results. There will also be g/w and g/ sq ft.

As for plants each light has 2 plants and are sharing 2 plants (the divider is covering the middle of 2 plants). Although more of the shared plants are on the HPS side. But I think most will agree that canopy space has a lot more influence on yield than plant count.

Thanks for joining this one Maer! Im sure your questions are appreciated by many others! Know what? +reps. Yup

Thanks man, I am just a critical thinker, not a critical person, I am glad you took the comment the right way. Sometimes I can be too curt and offend, this is not intended.

I think for a scientific comparison you should divide the are evenly by sq ft. , is that the way it is set up? Let the extra coverage of the HPS bounce back to its area and add to its weight total, this would be the best way to bring this in line with scientific method... if that's what you want. I would also abide by the 18" rule for the DS, that is what the manufacturer recommends. Kyle had told me you can go 14 with the old extreme flowers.

Back
Top Bottom