Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Table

That's really cool MB! I wish more local shops showed that kind of customer appreciation!

The nursery I have way down in the nearest town is really expensive and not very friendly. Not mean, just disinterested.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

:thanks:
That's really cool MB! I wish more local shops showed that kind of customer appreciation!

The nursery I have way down in the nearest town is really expensive and not very friendly. Not mean, just disinterested.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

If i had gotten that job at the new hydro store that opened in my city, i wouldve be so enthusiastic about my job. They should appreciate being able to work in such a beautiful place or give the job up to a guy like me!

Re: Magic Beans' Advanced LED Diamond Series 200w VS. 250w HPS - Lemon Skunk Flood Ta

Great news MB about the free nutes!! The Magic City is a great town! Very friendly people!! I miss that town. Where I live I usually have to bargain with my hydro dealer. They have a huge markup on nutes. If my bill comes up to 175. I usually say something like....I will give you 150 cash. They usually will bargain. It is part of the game. It makes getting supplies a challenge. Unless you want to pay over retail!!

These LED lights seem to have really improved in last few years. I am strongly considering adding one to my growroom!! :thumb:

Great news MB about the free nutes!! The Magic City is a great town! Very friendly people!! I miss that town. Where I live I usually have to bargain with my hydro dealer. They have a huge markup on nutes. If my bill comes up to 175. I usually say something like....I will give you 150 cash. They usually will bargain. It is part of the game. It makes getting supplies a challenge. Unless you want to pay over retail!!

These LED lights seem to have really improved in last few years. I am strongly considering adding one to my growroom!! :thumb:

I have a feeling that our nurersy would laugh me out of the place if I asked for a deal! :icon_roll

That's why I buy all my stuff online whenever possible. They say to support your local merchants, which I am totally in favor of in principal, but when I see them charging over retail for things, I have no problem buying my suppies online. If they want local support, they need to stop gouging people just because they are the only nursery within 60 miles.

Thats cool that you can do that and they go for it!

I have a feeling that our nurersy would laugh me out of the place if I asked for a deal! :icon_roll

That's why I buy all my stuff online whenever possible. They say to support your local merchants, which I am totally in favor of in principal, but when I see them charging over retail for things, I have no problem buying my suppies online. If they want local support, they need to stop gouging people just because they are the only nursery within 60 miles.

You never know until you ask. They might not laugh you out if you take a copy of the price you find on the internet. At least you are giving them a chance. I have the same problem as you. Only one nursery in several miles. I too have ordered nutes online with no problems! :thumb:

How's it goin Magic Beans...

Your Opereation is growing smoothly. :thumb:

Let me first off state that it is a blessing that you

created this journel.

By doing so you have aided in the full point of view comparison given your

circumstances, helping us fellow growers with knowledge through light

efficency and determining which is more preferrable to us.

Input from my point of view;

I'd say that the LED is Growing more efficently in heigth.

&

The HPS is growing much Fuller and larger flowers (buds).

Can't wait to see the outcome harvest.

Immortal Cultivations' Indoor Coco Garden PK - Strawberry Cough - Lemon Haze & Others

StayTrue:.
ImmortalCultivation:peace:

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't use local merchants, but keep in mind their overhead, i.e. rent, utilities, commercial liability insurance, employees salaries and benefits (if any), etc. is a much larger percentage of their sales in comparison to many large online retailers. Times are tough, and I worry that a lot of smaller businesses are just getting by right now.:Namaste:

You never know until you ask. They might not laugh you out if you take a copy of the price you find on the internet. At least you are giving them a chance. I have the same problem as you. Only one nursery in several miles. I too have ordered nutes online with no problems! :thumb:

You're right CF! The only dumb questions are the ones that were never asked!

I would've probably said the same thing as Fratdogg because yes he is right, but then again, your hydro store is the only store within 60 miles and its probably a longer way for many others as well. Im guessing its a big place and they probably do make good money. Ive learned that there are a LOT more growers than I wouldve ever imagined. were everywhere.

Your Opereation is growing smoothly. :thumb:

Let me first off state that it is a blessing that you

created this journel.

By doing so you have aided in the full point of view comparison given your

circumstances, helping us fellow growers with knowledge through light

efficency and determining which is more preferrable to us.

Input from my point of view;

I'd say that the LED is Growing more efficently in heigth.

&

The HPS is growing much Fuller and larger flowers (buds).

Can't wait to see the outcome harvest.

Immortal Cultivations' Indoor Coco Garden PK - Strawberry Cough - Lemon Haze & Others

StayTrue:.
ImmortalCultivation:peace:

Thanks ImmortalCulti, that means a lot. It's anyones game still, Theyre both growing some nice sized buds!

I only mentioned the "support your local merchants" thing because we always try to do that when possible. Perhaps if the staff at the particular nursery in question gave the slightest hint of giving a shit, we might pay the extra 25% over what I can buy the exact same items for online. I still buy all my soil there cause as everyone knows, you can't order something heavy like that on the web unless they offer free shipping, which of course, no one does.

Still... I know what the MSRP is for the soils I buy, and it irks me to be paying 10-15% OVER that price and THEN SALES TAX, which here in California is almost 9%. Thats a big chunk of additional change for someone who's SSI disability check is their only source of income!

I feel that if someone feels so strongly about buying local and can afford the inflated prices, then by all means they should GO FOR IT! But don't chastise others for choosing a more affordable route out of economic necessity. ;)

(I wasn't trying to say that anyone in this thread was guilty of doing that to me. I was speaking in general terms!) :thumb:

The efficiency rating is usally on the ballast, just like computer power supplies you can buy lower end with 75-80% efficiency or high end with 90-95% so yea if you had a 90% efficient ballast it would draw 1100watts with 1000watt bulb, 80% efficient would be 1200watts.

Thanks for doing this MB. subbed. Although it's too late. Because of this and SteveHman, I ordered 3 DS lights today. So now I'm really biased, and rooting for the LED's

thanks again for taking the time to journal this.

Thanks for doing this MB. subbed. Although it's too late. Because of this and SteveHman, I ordered 3 DS lights today. So now I'm really biased, and rooting for the LED's

thanks again for taking the time to journal this.

What size lights and what size space are you using? If you do a journal make sure to send me the link.

MB.. please forgive me for this slight derail. post count too low to PM.

I ordered 2 of the DS200 and a DS100. the 200's should cover an aeroflo 30. (not quite 2x6) the 100 will cover a cloner. I'm just building my room now. Learning all I can from everyone here.

Including MB, and his LED vs. thread. Hoping those LED's prove their worth.

Thanks again MagicBean.

Man all I can say is I'm loving these lights so much. I plan to add a 200w to my 100w next month. Subbed for sure!

MB.. please forgive me for this slight derail. post count too low to PM.

I ordered 2 of the DS200 and a DS100. the 200's should cover an aeroflo 30. (not quite 2x6) the 100 will cover a cloner. I'm just building my room now. Learning all I can from everyone here.

Including MB, and his LED vs. thread. Hoping those LED's prove their worth.

Thanks again MagicBean.

Hey there ratatatooey, welcome to the grow! Its all good. Were always here to help and a tangeant is always welcome on my journal. Those 2 200s will do well on the aeroflo 30. Hope you start a journal. Id like to see a 100. I bet it would be awesome for a mother light.

Man all I can say is I'm loving these lights so much. I plan to add a 200w to my 100w next month. Subbed for sure!

Hey MC im curious what you got under that 100?

MB, I was wondering what height did you start with for your hps over your girls during the early stages? I have adjusted mine but not to the point of stressing my babies. I have it now around 12-13" above them at a week old. I may have missed it in the journal, my apologies if so. Thanks! And nice work with the hydro shop you can't argue with free... that would have me experimenting.:thumb:

++Reps to you also MB for an exciting informative journal/grow!

MB, I was wondering what height did you start with for your hps over your girls during the early stages? I have adjusted mine but not to the point of stressing my babies. I have it now around 12-13" above them at a week old. I may have missed it in the journal, my apologies if so. Thanks! And nice work with the hydro shop you can't argue with free... that would have me experimenting.:thumb:

Hey volcom, thanks for the reps! As for your situation what size hps? A 250w? If theyre just seedlings id say bring that light up to a couple feet until they develop their 4th or 5th set of leaves. How many plants you got under that light? I would recommend switching to some 6500k floros preferably t5s... Or an MH. Just because for veg they want more blue spectrum and may stretch a bit and get lanky with hps. If not HPS will definitely work, but raise the light to maybe 2 feet. Those seedlings dont need very intense light until theyre more established. Even then if its a 250w without a glass cover id say 15" is ideal with a fan blowing the heat away.

Back
Top Bottom