Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS 3000: Now Growing Original Genetics White Widows, Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush Clones & CBD Autos

Magnus8

REBOOT:

REWIND:

REGROUP:

Okay. After my disastrous attempts to get ready for my outside grow this year I've decided to recoup my losses and begin again.

So I've got two Bubba Kush clones which seem to have survived Greta and the freak ice storm (that's what I'm calling it!). So I've planted these two babies in my plots if super soil.

These two are planted right in the ground while the autos will go into my 3.5 x 3.5 foot planters. Photos grow too big for me to handle in these planters so I thought I'd keep the autos, which dont require covering, there.

In my soil I put:

-Black earth from my garden - it already has all kinds of good microbes in it...
-Perlite
-Blood meal
-Bone meal
-Mychorrizae
-Epsom salts
-Kelp meal
-Alfalfa pellets (rabbit food)
-Lime
And I think that's about it actually.

I will not be feeding any nutes because the plant has all the nutrition it needs from what I've put in the soil. I MIGHT make up some compost tea if I find I have the time.

So let's take a look at the little beauties shall we?

20200525_173016.jpg

20200525_173030.jpg

Okay, okay. I know they look pretty pathetic. But I've planted worse clones than these and still had them turn into glorious plants. So there's hope where there's love and I'd LOVE to have a bountiful harvest from these two plants!

So the planters below have seen their share of gargantuan weed plants.

This year I'm not going so much for gargantuan so much as I'm going for weed - and lots of it.

I have to be moving out of here around the first of Sept so I will have to begin covering these plants around the first of July and no later or they wont be ready in time for my move.

And a quick note about the Somnolatic seeds... I ordered them on 4 May and waited patiently for them to come. Last Fridsy, I looked into my bank account and sure enough they had accepted the money but when I went to my account at the online shop it said that my order had been cancelled. I immediately called and got a fucking answering machine. I left a message but received no call back even though they are open on Saturday. I couldnt believe that no one called me back.

This morning I got them on chat only to be told that my order had been cancelled for non payment. I assured him it had been paid and even gave him the authorization code. Then he takes a few minutes and just says that the seeds are on their way. No apology. Nothing. I then demanded that they ship it Express Post. No way. They have only one way of shipping. Bullshit. These stupid people dont know bullshit. By this time I'm really angry so I ask to speak to a supervisor. I am then told one will call me back. No supervisor did call. I will NEVER, EVER buy from Pacific Seeds again. You shouldnt either if you value your time and your seeds. I even explained that these seeds were meant for an outdoor grow and it was getting very late. The fucking asshole didnt give a shit.

So the seeds will get here when they get here. And I'll never buy from them again.

So here are those planters.
20200525_173106.jpg

So I hope a few of you swing by and stick around for the summer months ahead. Problem most pressing to work out? Cannot turn the knob on the outdoor water line to get any water. Need a new connection for it because handle is seized... we will tackle that tomorrow!

All my best,
~Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Nice setup. I love the backdrop, that’s beautiful country in your back yard!!! Nothing shabby about those 2 plants. Those raised boxes should do the trick. I am a former longtime lurker and think I read some of your work previously on a salve and lotion making thread here on 420, unless of course I have transposed things. Was that you on the other thread? If so that’s very fascinating stuff! It truly sucks about your seed order but now the word is out. Congrats on the new journal man!

Hi Magnus,

Nice setup. I love the backdrop, that’s beautiful country in your back yard!!! Nothing shabby about those 2 plants. Those raised boxes should do the trick. I am a former longtime lurker and think I read some of your work previously on a salve and lotion making thread here on 420, unless of course I have transposed things. Was that you on the other thread? If so that’s very fascinating stuff! It truly sucks about your seed order but now the word is out. Congrats on the new journal man!
Hi 013,

Yes that was me on the lotions thread. I started that thread but it fell into disuse when my life drastically changed and I couldnt post on here anymore. But yes, my name preceeds me... I had thought that others would keep it going but apparently not. I'm trying to get it started again but I'm having little luck.

Yes it's a nice backdrop but I am looking forward to moving into town at the end of the summer. More people would be most welcome. I get tired of being constantly lonely. And I am constantly lonely out here since my wife left last year. What I wouldnt do to have another warm body beside me at night to watch Netflix with...

But that's another story altogether, isn't it?

So hooe to see you around in the next few months. I know I'll be here!

All my best,
~Magnus

Woke to a beautiful brisk morning that soon clouded over and spit out some rain at us - quite heavily at first.

This'll be great for my plants already outside. I won't have to water today. Which if I don't get that Rap fixed soon I'm going to be lugging pails of water from the house out to the side yard. NOT my idea of fun.

But the rain has slowed to a trickle and there are blue skies in the future.

I do love being on the farm but there are just so many reasons to not be here now that I cannot anymore deny it. I now need medical care to be close by. With my new diagnosis of epilepsy I need to be where ambulances can get at me quickly and where hospitals are nearby.

I am also having great trouble with my fibromyalgia and I find it increasingly difficult to lug in 20 litre jugs of water home from the store and from my vehicle into the trailer. What a fucking chore! And with my shoulders and biceps as bad as they are I find it near impossible already to do this kind of work. What will I be like in another year?

Not to mention the insane amount I spend in vehicle gas per month. At $200/month I could save a ton if I'm living in town and not having to drive 45 minutes to Vegreville or 25 minutes to Two Hills every time I need food or anything. That gas money would save me a lot.

And just to be around people again. When the wife-bot was still around the farm wasnt so bad to take but with her gone, now, its unbearable. So being around people will help a lot. I'm sure. I crave human contact around here.

So anyway I'm hoping to move as soon as my crop is done for the summer.

So no new pics for you today. Just some rambling in the rain.

Peace out, everyone.
~Magnus

Ah cool great to meet you! No worries, what’s that old saying... change is the only constant in life? Jump back in and that thread will revive, you have a collection of mad skills. Tons of folks need those salves, creams and lotions for healing plus they will help heal you by moving forward. I’m sorry to hear about the new diagnosis, not good. Thanks for the reply and good luck with the garden and the move back towards civilization and better health.

I’m in Magnus.
Hey! How nice to see you both!

Pull up a stall wherever you fit. Lots of room in the field out back just like at the drive-in.

Damnit! That should've been the name of this journal...Magnus' Weekend Drive-In Adventure! I was trying to think of something all witty and fun but I guess I just wasn't in that space.

:rofl: :hmmmm::blunt:

I’ll probably start a new journal this week.
Oh please let me know. I'd like to take part in that and learn from you.

Anyone know who does autos really well that I might check out?

All my best,
~Magnus

I’ll look around for a good auto thread. I’ll be running:
Skittlez
Blacklime Bubba
GG4 S1
Bandaid Haze #7
Well I will be along for the ride, for sure.

I have to get my inside growing skills up to snuff because come the end of summer I will be living in town an wont be able to grow outside.

I'm thinking of doing one of two kinds of grows.

The first choice would be to grow in living soil inside the house. That would be a soil grow where I dont have to add any nutes to because the plants would be getting all it needs from organic means.

The second choice would be to set up a hempy grow situation. Im intrigued by all the hempy growers out there, especially @PhilipBlu and the group following him. Even Hashgirl is growing in hempy for her first retirement grow.

So that's how I'm thinking of doing inside grows. Any thoughts on which might turn out better? And is it true that a soil grow produces plants and harvests that are noticeably smaller than hydro grows? If so, is it extreme enough to really make much of a difference?

Hope all is well with everyone.

All my best,
~Magnus

Both would produce good weed, hempy would be much easier and less expensive. LOS is a lot of work if you mix your own soil.
Yes, Penny, you are so right - especially in the beginning. I just find working in LOS seems to be so much more forgiving than working with inorganic nutrients. With LOS all I do is mix up the soil in the beginning and then water throughout the life of the plant. No feeding nutes every second day or whatever. It just seems to me to be the simplest way to go about doing things.

It produces good meds no doubt.
I sure hope so because that's what I'm after.

I'm thinking this grow will be much less satisfying than other grown of mine - and then not...

Usually I grow long past the date I'm supposed to primarily because I havent had the help I needed to cover them in time. Getting my ex wife out to help me to cover them was always like committing some heinous crime or something; she just didnt seem to want to help me when I needed the help most of all. So I always started covering the plants sometime in mid august, long long after the July 2st date I needed to cover them by. This made for gargantuan marijuana trees but not much useable weed. 2 years 2 fantastic yields gone completely to waste because I simply didnt have help to cover the weed trees.

This year will be different. Since the plants grow the largest in my big planters then I'm only planting autos in these planters because I dont worry about covering these plants. They will flower without my intervention. The photos will be grown in either in-ground plots or in plastic totes I have for this reason. The smaller space in the totes produces smaller plants. Still large but smaller. And when the other two planted in the ground will grow much lower to the ground thereby enabling me to cover them without much trouble. They should present no problem.

I only say this might be a disappointing summer is because the yields on the autos will, according to everyone, be quite meager. I dont know if this will actually be disappointing or not. A smaller yield of usuable weed is better than a huge yield of weak, poor and unusable weed. Much better.

So maybe it won't be so disappointing as all that.

I will be building up my equipment for an inside grow. I hope to have my small inheritance by whenever the courts reopen. With that money I plan to outfit my grow room better with more lights and an inline fan setup and maybe a hygrometer/thermometer setup with some means of adding humidity into the air while adjusting the temperature if the room. I'm thinking a portable room to room air conditioner. It can be in the room and on during the day but I can take it into my bedroom at night. That would work out well for me.

So I still havent checked my plants from when I planted them two days ago so there is likely nothing new to see in any photos - hence the lack of pics. Yesterday was rainy and very wet which will be good for the plants in the long run as they stretch their roots for more water thereby enabling them to become big and strong. There were also really high winds which is something we really have to contend with here in the region where I live. We have really high winds at my farm all year long. It bothers my plants some because every year there are at least two out of say 20 plants that are traumatized and broken right in half because of the terrible winds.

But today the grey skies seem to be slowly dissipating. It looks like it will become a beautifully sunny day. Which means that after these spring rains the plants will grow beautifully.

But I promise you if there is any noticable change in the plants already planted outside then I will surely snap some pics of them for you.

But here is s pic for you: Lab Loving Life.

15905893072868539801960590263016.jpg

This is Greta, sleeping off long days of playing in the rain for the past two days.

20200521_123437.jpg

This is Greta playing in the rain. While outside, she likes to come visit me by jumping up at the kitchen window right beside the table. But today she was having so much damned fun that she couldn't even take time out for a photo opportunity! And her fur has been SO soft since drying off. That spring rain would be incredible for human hair, too, I'd imagine...

All my best,
~Magnus

Okay. Imagine my shock of going out to check on my plants this morning. When I checked on them last night they were fine. But damn! Do I hate those neighbors' dogs!

This is what met my view. Of both plots...

20200528_082705.jpg

This mess is from a dog digging in myn0lants. At this plot no plantvwas even found anywhere. It was simply gone. The next plant I found about 3 feet from the plot. It had only 3 roots left on it from a very healthy set of them. So I tried to replant it to see if it will take root and grow. But the soil mix might be too strong for it at this age. I was counting on the soil from inside its previous pot to buffer those nutrients a bit. But now its tiny 3 roots are completely exposed to the harsh realities of living in a super rich soil compound...

20200528_082724.jpg

Poor pathetic little bastard, eh? I kind of feel sorry for this poor plant but I'm not really the type to feel sorry for a plant. I reserve those feelings for humankind in all its foibles and failures.

But this is what's left of my grow.

Got news yesterday that that awful company, Pacific Seed Company, has finally sent out my seeds. They should be here by next tuesday. I'm so damned angry at them for the way they treated me and my concerns about how long they were taking with my order. They never once even apologized for their losing my payment and not sending the seeds on time. They have also refused to let me converse with a supervisor. Twice I have asked only to be put off and told that a supervisor will call me but none has so far. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER buy from Pacific Seed Bank again. And I sincerely hope none of you try them. My understanding is that they dint give a shit about their clients or their orders. They really don't. And right now I feel I would do anything to spread the word a out how crappy a company this is. Next time I'll go with a sponsor but I didnt thus time for fear of my order not making it across the border.

But that's my rant for the day. For those of you wondering, Greta is doing just fine. She is getting too big to climb up on the kitchen chairs anymore. Greta has always loved to crawl up on the kitchen chair beside me, curl up and just lie there waiting for me to finish my meal or coffee or whatever. She's just getting too big to fit anymore!

All my best,
~Magnus
Those autos may surprise you, they can yield very nice if grown properly.
That's what I'm hoping for, Penny. That's what I'm betting on even though I'm not a betting man.

Back
Top Bottom