Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS 3000: Now Growing Original Genetics White Widows, Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush Clones & CBD Autos

I lost 2 plants to a groundhog so far this year.
I'm sorry but that is much funnier than losing them to neighborhood dogs!

Sorry bout the plant though but I cant stop giggling at that.

Wow you know Magnus I am a animal lover but I would shoot those dogs. I have lived in rural Alberta before so let me ask you this what happens to dogs that chase neighbours cattle or eat there chickens how is this any different. I a m sorry but you do have rights.

Now with the issues you have already had with the neighbours are you sure it's the dog? It does sound like time to relocate .

I am truly sorry I know how hard you are trying!
:high-five:

REBOOT:

REWIND:

REGROUP:

Okay. After my disastrous attempts to get ready for my outside grow this year I've decided to recoup my losses and begin again.

So I've got two Bubba Kush clones which seem to have survived Greta and the freak ice storm (that's what I'm calling it!). So I've planted these two babies in my plots if super soil.

These two are planted right in the ground while the autos will go into my 3.5 x 3.5 foot planters. Photos grow too big for me to handle in these planters so I thought I'd keep the autos, which dont require covering, there.

In my soil I put:

-Black earth from my garden - it already has all kinds of good microbes in it...
-Perlite
-Blood meal
-Bone meal
-Mychorrizae
-Epsom salts
-Kelp meal
-Alfalfa pellets (rabbit food)
-Lime
And I think that's about it actually.

Sounds very much like my mix mate, hope you don’t mind if I follow along :)

I am putting 4 Blue Dream outside this year but in the ground.

Wow you know Magnus I am a animal lover but I would shoot those dogs. I have lived in rural Alberta before so let me ask you this what happens to dogs that chase neighbours cattle or eat there chickens how is this any different. I a m sorry but you do have rights.

Now with the issues you have already had with the neighbours are you sure it's the dog? It does sound like time to relocate .

:high-five:
Yes. It is definitely time to relocate. My neighbors hate me all because I grow weed in my yard. I think what they really hate about me is the fact that I haven't gotten into trouble for it yet. I think when my one neighbor called the cops on me and they checked out my grow and did nothing that that really burned their asses. I think they thought they were so smart for calling the local R.C.M.P. and yet nothing happened to me. My grow that year continued to flourish fine and I didn't have to chop even one of them down at all.

Funny you should say that about the chasing of the cattle. My dog Molly, RIP (she died last summer) had a lot of border collie in her so she liked to herd things. She did it to humans all the time. So when the wife-bot and I first moved out here Molly would get free on us and try to herd the neighbor's cattle. He was over in no time and threatened to shoot her.

So you are right. If he can threaten to shoot my dogs why cant I afford him the same courtesy and threaten to shoot his dogs.

I may yet go and try to have a talk with him. But talks with Richard (the farmer across the way) never go well. They always wind up with him screaming and me retreating because I get frightened when people scream at me. Of course the obvious solution might be to scream back...but that's not really my M.O. I tend to work more behind the scenes, like buying a steak, dividing it in two, cooking one half for myself and stuffing the other with rat poison. Then I can chew on my steak with the understanding that the dogs from across the way are having a delicious raw last meal. Then nothing can really be traced back to me.

It's just like baiting for coyotes. It's done all the time out here.

So I've been thinking about doing that for the longest time. Those dogs used to come over and, whenever Molly was on her chain, attack Molly - one in the front and one from behind. I used to have to let Dobby, my big bruising black lab and german Sheppard cross, out to chase them away and to protect Molly. They did that for 2 years straight. Every single day and evening and night. I used to make Molly wait until 3 a.m. to go outside for her end of day pee and those fucking dogs would still come over and attack her. It was terribly distressing and difficult to manage.

When I finally went to Richard to complain about his dogs his reaction was, " Well they are probably just doing it because your dogs beat him up once when he was a puppy." Really? The dogs had an argument when they were all younger and THAT excuses their current behaviour??? I don't think so.

Anyway, at this point I'm just complaining so I'll stop. But yes
I do think a out murdering those buggers and am certainly willing to do so. I guess I'm always just waiting for the next problem to arise.

All my best,
~Magnus.

Sounds very much like my mix mate, hope you don’t mind if I follow along :)

I am putting 4 Blue Dream outside this year but in the ground.
Hey Celt! I'm more than happy to have you along. I'll warn you. I can get quite chatty about all kinds of things in my grow journals. If you are yo for thst well...welcome to the farm! Pull her pickup right up alongside oldsmokey there, or Shed or Penny or anyone else and turn off your engine and set yerself down for the long haul. It's always a great view from my field and maybe, if you are lucky, you can help me pull the plastic covers over them when it comes time to flower the photos. That is, if any of them survive to adulthood. But I have some more Bubba Kush clones rooting (hopefully) and they will become big, strong trees soon.

Welcome aboard, Celt!

All my best,
~Magnus

Thanks man. I feel like a complete loser now. All my plans for this grow have gone to pot (pun intended!). I have almost nothing to plant outside this week and this week is very important to get yer plants in when you are growing outside. Part of me wants to shovel up the super soil I've created for this grow and save it in pails for using in inside grows once I can get some good lighting. I could also save it until I get moved to a new place and can grow outside, alas in pots but still with my supersoil. But still, though it would be nothing like my current outside grows it would still be easier to manage than bringing dirt from outside into my tent. I'd rather mix up super soil with some kind of bagged soil mix instead of my garden soil mixed in. I just think it might keep the pest population inside my tent down to a minimum.

But this is all just more evidence that I'm trying really hard this time. I dont know how many mirrors I must have broken to receive this longtime spell of terrible luck. For more than 5 years my life has been absolute shit despite my best sincere efforts to turn it around. I just dont know what I'm doing wrong.

But anyway, thanks for pointing out that I'm trying hard. Yes. I am.

All my best,
~Magnus

If your conversations with the neighbour never go well you might think about writing him a letter with your concerns.
I doubt he can even read, the neanderthal.

But good idea. I might try that.

Hey Celt! I'm more than happy to have you along. I'll warn you. I can get quite chatty about all kinds of things in my grow journals. If you are yo for thst well...welcome to the farm! Pull her pickup right up alongside oldsmokey there, or Shed or Penny or anyone else and turn off your engine and set yerself down for the long haul. It's always a great view from my field and maybe, if you are lucky, you can help me pull the plastic covers over them when it comes time to flower the photos. That is, if any of them survive to adulthood. But I have some more Bubba Kush clones rooting (hopefully) and they will become big, strong trees soon.

Welcome aboard, Celt!

All my best,
~Magnus

I’d be more than willing to help you cover your girls if I was still in Alberta, and close, I’d also give yOu some BD seed to try out, but I moved back east 10 years ago

I’d be more than willing to help you cover your girls if I was still in Alberta, and close, I’d also give yOu some BD seed to try out, but I moved back east 10 years ago
What is BD seed? If it produces either thc or CBD I'd be more than willing to try them!

Hope you're having s grand day.

All my best,
~Magnus

Okay. So here is where I stand...

The two thc heavy pl clones I had were going to live all right until the dog got at 'em. I tried to replant the one that I could find, poor bedraggled thing, but after checking on her today I just dont think she will live. So I've got another plan up my sleeve...

I've recently acquired, from my friend Bob, some home-polinated regular seeds. I received 5 Grape Krush and 5 Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush seeds. I have four plastic totes ready to be planted in and two holes in the ground also filled with super soil I mixed up a month ago.

So I've dropped three of each seeds into glass containers with some well water (no chlorine). By tomorrow I'll be placing them into a wet and folded piece of paper towel. Then, once the taproot appears I will make an indentation in that too rich super soil and filling that indentation with regular potting soil. Then I will drop the germinating seed into the soil and lightly cover it. I will also place a glass overtop of each seed to hold in moisture and heat while the seed pushes it's way up top to crack through the earth's surface. I figure that the regular potting soil will act as a buffer to the roots preventing them from reaching all that intense nutrition to early before it is really ready. Once it is a few weeks old its roots will be stretching down into that good earth and all those goodies I have incorporated into this year's soil.

So here's a look at the new extended family:

20200528_182106.jpg

Hey - and please dont judge me for the stupid tacky pad of paper I ripped these pieces from. I inherited the pad of paper when the wife-bot left last summer. In fact, tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of her having left me. Damn. I dont even have any alcohol on me to mark the occasion. I guess I'll have to roll one huge fatty and raise in the direction of Sault Ste. Marie to praise her actions of last year. Yes, she is living in Sault Ste. Marie now in a bedbug infested one-room flop house right downtown. She almost never gets to see her grandkids which was her primary excuse for leaving. "Oh I miss my grandbabies soooo much I have to leave you to go back to where they are..." Yeah. Fucking right.

What? Bitter? Me? No way!

Her other reason for leaving was because she couldnt take the increasingly difficult medical situation I am in. Apparently the idea of through sickness and in health never meant anything to her from the start.

Jeesh. I really should quit bitching. It's just that it still hurts so much even after a year of being by myself. I am incredibly lonely out here all the time. And she left me in a really bad financial situation that I'm having a devil of a time getting out of. Do I hate her? Not at all. But that doesnt take away all these feelings I'm stuck with.

I'm hoping that growing some weed will keep me busy enough with all the moving preparations I have to go through that I wont think too much about the past this summer. But i sure am ready to move into a new place that isnt filled with so many memories.

And what's the best way to murder bad memories from my mind?

Like i said...a big fatty!

So given that i think I'd better run. I have something very important to do right now and it involves my rolling papers...

Hope everyone has a great night!

All my best,
~Magnus

Sorry mate, Blue Dream :) I have been growing it for a couple years now and self crossed a female last fall for feminized seed.
I would love to try crossing my own seeds. I've been trying to follow a few other members who are into pollen chucking but I havent really learned so much yet. Mind you, I havent been a diligent student yet...

But I'm really stoked that you have been able to feminize your seeds successfully. That's just the bees knees!

Like i said...a big fatty!
Ok. 10 minutes later and Greta is whining (loudly) to go outside and I'm thinking, now why, exactly, was I so mad at the ex wife-bot?

Cheers!
~Magnus

When it comes time we can walk you through pollinating some of your plants.
Oh, Penny, I would be so grateful to you for that.

Hey what

-----------------

Hey, so for whatever reason - I think I was getting mesmerized by my joint I was smoking if I remember correctly - I stopped writing after those last two words. I truly wonder what the hell else I was going to ask!

All my best,
~Magnus

Oh, Penny, I would be so grateful to you for that.

Hey what

-----------------

Hey, so for whatever reason - I think I was getting mesmerized by my joint I was smoking if I remember correctly - I stopped writing after those last two words. I truly wonder what the hell else I was going to ask!

All my best,
~Magnus
I know! I was going to ask you what you thought of my idea to propagate right into the ground. But maybe that's a moot point.p

I may not be able to plant these seeds outside anyway because of how late it is getting in the growing season.at this rate the plants will only be 4 weeks old and I will be needing to cover them. And to me? This seems like such a waste of resources to me since they will producŕçćg
Okay. So here is where I stand...

The two thc heavy pl clones I had were going to live all right until the dog got at 'em. I tried to replant the one that I could find, poor bedraggled thing, but after checking on her today I just dont think she will live. So I've got another plan up my sleeve...

I've recently acquired, from my friend Bob, some home-polinated regular seeds. I received 5 Grape Krush and 5 Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush seeds. I have four plastic totes ready to be planted in and two holes in the ground also filled with super soil I mixed up a month ago.

So I've dropped three of each seeds into glass containers with some well water (no chlorine). By tomorrow I'll be placing them into a wet and folded piece of paper towel. Then, once the taproot appears I will make an indentation in that too rich super soil and filling that indentation with regular potting soil. Then I will drop the germinating seed into the soil and lightly cover it. I will also place a glass overtop of each seed to hold in moisture and heat while the seed pushes it's way up top to crack through the earth's surface. I figure that the regular potting soil will act as a buffer to the roots preventing them from reaching all that intense nutrition to early before it is really ready. Once it is a few weeks old its roots will be stretching down into that good earth and all those goodies I have incorporated into this years soil.

-------------‐
THE NEXT MORNING:

Okay so I had great plans but the reality is that if I begin new plants outside right now from seed they just wont have enough time to Veg before having to cover them.

The autos, with their short lifetime, might fare better as long as they finish early. The ones I am planting should finish in between 50 - 60 days.

Yes, I know I'm shaving it close but I figure that as long as I get a place for Sept 1st then that doesnt mean I must move in on that date. If my plants take a week longer to finish I wont mind staying here for an extra week nor so while I wait for harvest. At that point I might be able to pay for rent on both places for about a month's time. This should give me a certain amount of buffer between having and wanting to move.

So at least that is finally decided. Before reaching this decision the other day I felt like I was having difficulty making a decision at all. I felt completely alone. Now, at least, I have a purpose to masque my meaningful events. I hope that makes sense...

15907650093561811112343120972413.jpg

15907652053035869926625114426607.jpg

Those seeds are looking fat with water absorbs ion. Good sign. Now let's just hope that at least four of them are females!

No taproots showing justvyet but I've obviously just finished soaking them and am now placing them between wet paper towels and into sandwich baggies they go!

15907654753328219065584122585533.jpg

(Sorry but I dont know how to orient photos in here...)

15907655830066292269290308539508.jpg

So thsts where my new babies are at: the gestation period. Hahaha. Seriously though, I expect them to push out and pop taproots and given day over the next three days.

So I might just be growing these plants inside because it is so late. I mean, even if they are outside plants putting them into flower after July 1st to allow them to veg longer just wont work out with my moving plans. It just wont.

So I might be raising these plants indoors and growing them in super soil instead of any other medium.

So that's where I'm at today.

Any thought from you good folk?

All my best,
~Magnus

Back
Top Bottom