Plants look great brother. I hope spring finds you soon. Cause it'll be autumn here and thats my favorite time of year. Were getting some nice cool mornings, but it was fooking heater today.

Cheers bro :thumb: It's in 8 days so not far now :D Sick of this cold weather crap lol. I enjoy autumn as well (plus my birthday is in march ;)) everything starts to cool down but not too much. Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts!

Hello again.

Tonight while looking at the plants I noticed more leaf curling so I discussed with my partner if we should turn the pots right way up. I don't have a photo of it but she noticed some roots popping out the top of the soil on the Malawi 1 and made a good point that when turned on their side the plants root systems will follow gravity...It seems like there is a sweet spot of time to have the plants turned on their sides before their root systems start to suffer too much. I'll have to dial it in but I have a good idea how long to do it for without harming the plants too much :thumb:

I don't know if the slight leaf curling is caused by the problem mentioned above but I've also read that leaf curling can be caused by light stress, these bulbs I'm using aren't high wattage regardless I've raised the lights a little to help the plants stretch back up for the light and not get sooky about it being too bright with 2 household bulbs :rofl:

Photo time! I've included a photo of the red hue on Malawi 3 like I said I would :thumb:

They should be moving towards the light overnight and should be fully recovered by morning :)

Have a good one

Hello again.

Tonight while looking at the plants I noticed more leaf curling so I discussed with my partner if we should turn the pots right way up. I don't have a photo of it but she noticed some roots popping out the top of the soil on the Malawi 1 and made a good point that when turned on their side the plants root systems will follow gravity...It seems like there is a sweet spot of time to have the plants turned on their sides before their root systems start to suffer too much. I'll have to dial it in but I have a good idea how long to do it for without harming the plants too much :thumb:

I don't know if the slight leaf curling is caused by the problem mentioned above but I've also read that leaf curling can be caused by light stress, these bulbs I'm using aren't high wattage regardless I've raised the lights a little to help the plants stretch back up for the light and not get sooky about it being too bright with 2 household bulbs :rofl:

Photo time! I've included a photo of the red hue on Malawi 3 like I said I would :thumb:

They should be moving towards the light overnight and should be fully recovered by morning :)

Have a good one
I have been curious... and I apologize if this is in your thread already... but why put them on their sides? What are the benefits of this?

I have been curious... and I apologize if this is in your thread already... but why put them on their sides? What are the benefits of this?

This is a technique used to train the plants low so when they really start taking off I won't have to worry about height issues as much. This is my first time growing true sativas plus these plants are going to have a minimum of 2 months veg time so i need to get them as low as possible.

I'll take some photos of the plants now and you'll see what I mean :thumb:

Ah I see, very cool. I may try that out myself one day!

It's my first time using the method. I saw it ages ago on some youtube video, the guy was doing it with clones. It seems to work pretty well so far :thumb: Not like it's complicated haha

@Dusty Kiefers Hey hey bro :high-five: Yeah they're looking pretty good so far, just got to keep them alive and happy :)
Have a good one mate

Helloooooo.

I've added 2 small desk fans to start the strengthening process of the stems. Apart from that they're just growing nicely, no issues popping up which is nice. If there is anything some of the leaves are still a bit wonky looking but that's mostly just the first true leaves which mostly always die off (from my experience anyway) so I'm not worried about anything right now :)

I've included a photo of the full moon tonight in Victoria (Australia).

Have a good one!

:ciao: Wings! Looking happy here - hope you’re all recovering ok from the incident.

Thanks for the moon :Namaste:

Yeah all is well thank you, she has mostly recovered from the crash :) She is actually at her nieces birthday party right now so she's happy and well.

I love the full moon nights :Namaste:

Hello all :)

I've had a talk with jazzy and we've both decided to get some plants going straight into flower so we can stop buying shit weed for way too much. It's a little late but we've realized that we have more than enough seeds so why the hell should we be paying for weed? I know right SUCH AN EPIPHANY :rofl:

So dropped more seeds just before. These strains are all from buds we've bought so they have silly names but what can you do lol.

3 strains;
Willy Wonka
Dale WA
Kush Kush

Funny I know hahaha, anyway just one photo of the seeds in the water. I'll do more of an update tomorrow :thumb:

Have a good one

Ello Ello :ciao:

Everything that is above soil is looking green and healthy, no issues or complaints since that first mishap with the Malawi 2 :thumb:

The KK and WW has been planted in jiffy pellets today and should hopefully be saying hello to the world within the next couple/few days. Unfortunately the DWA hasn't shown any signs of cracking but we'll give it a another day or 2 before chucking them in the bin. As I said in my post before our plan is to flower out these plants for personal smoke so they'll be going into a small tent with the light period 11/13 to get them into gear, should have a harvest by late October-early November :)

Jazzy and I have had another discussion about what our plans are for outdoors, the plan is to have around 10 plants where we live and 10 plants somewhere else. Last time we grew outdoors we had 10 females and the harvest from those lasted us 6 months so if we have 15-20 females this season we should be able to grow a years worth of weed...saves a lot of cashola :thumb:

Here are the strains we have dropped in water that will be the future outdoor plants;
Afghani
Orange Drop
LW
CW
WA
Citrus Pledge
Charlies Skunk

Photo time!

Have a good one :thumb:

Getting your grow on. Loads of fun stuff there bruv. Charlies skunk got my ear puckered. Hehe. Tent is looking great.
Hey ive been running 10/14 schedule for flower now for a couple years. Haven't turned back. That tropical daylight schedule is where its at IMO.

Yeah bro, gotta start getting through these seeds a bit quicker. Hopefully no trouble with all this fun, pisses me off to no end that it's illegal but I'll still grow my heart out :thumb: Haha that one is from a bagseed that we got off a guy called charlie, should be nice since he usually has pretty nice stuff ;) Cheers man, glad that no problems are popping up. I've used the gas lantern growing style before which gradually goes down to 9.5/14.5. What pros have you found that makes 10/14 better than 11/13? Is it they finish a bit quicker or is there more too it that I'm not seeing or have yet to learn? I don't know what's best really whether it be 12/12 11/13 etc. A few people on here seem to like the 11/13 scheduele but I'd love to hear all about this 10/14 tropical daylight schedule without having to read a book lol

Back
Top Bottom