I started doing this after reading a hydroponic article on plant rest. I have found no decrease in yield , health, or potentcy. Plants seem to be happy to the end and im saving 14 hours of electricity a week.
I had no idea about any tropical schedule till recently reading about Hawaiian strains.
Shit I have some Hawaiian 98 aloha white widow think ill get that started soon.

I started doing this after reading a hydroponic article on plant rest. I have found no decrease in yield , health, or potentcy. Plants seem to be happy to the end and im saving 14 hours of electricity a week.
I had no idea about any tropical schedule till recently reading about Hawaiian strains.
Shit I have some Hawaiian 98 aloha white widow think ill get that started soon.

Saving electricity is always a plus and from what you say it doesn't hurt the yield, might have to give it a try :thumb:
I have some Hawaiian Sativa x Hawaiian Indica here too so I might have to give it a go with that one or sooner. Your aloha widow sounds nice :) Yeah I think I might give this 10/14 thing a go, can't be that much different than 11/13. Outdoors "full sunlight" is considered to be 6 hours so 10/11 is more than ample to get the flowers where they need to be...makes so much sense now I've thought about it in that way. Thanks for bringing this to my attention bro :high-five:

Nice lineup you have planned wings! Will be a fun summer grow to watch. :thumb: hope the preparations are coming along.
:Namaste:

Cheers Amy! It will be an adrenaline rush of funtastical proportions :D The soil prep hasn't started just yet. I really just go get some Osmocote seedling/cutting soil (really nice stuff) and then amend from when the nutrients in that soil is depleted.
It may not be totally organic but I like to be lazy in some regard and rebuilding soil can be tedious :rofl: It's easier for me to just re-use said osmocote soil and just amend it with organic nutrients so over time all my recycled soil becomes 100% organic :thumb:

I hope things are going well up your way too, bloody sun just needs to stay out and the cool mornings to bugger off :rofl:

Have a good one peeps :)

Quick photo update.

The 2 DWA seeds have been planted just before (both showed tap roots) and all the other seeds mentioned before are in the germ stations.

Full update coming in a couple days or so :)

Have a good one

Full update time :high-five:

Hello all it's been quite busy around my part of the world with spring now here.

All of the plants are looking pretty good so far for my first sativa grow :thumb: There is some yellowing developing on the Malawi 1 which I've rectified with a little sprinkle of epsom salts for a little food + mag, should do the trick but I'll be keeping an eye on it to make sure it stays happy. The Malawi 3 is showing more red hues in the stem as well which I like a lot :thumb:

I've moved all of the Angels Heart/Breath into one tent with the 2 Malawi to give up space in the other small tent for the DWA, KK and WW. Speaking of which all of the DWA and KK popped, still 2 WW waiting for poppage but all of those that has popped has been put into pots and are now on day 1 of flower :) I've taken @Dusty Kiefers advice and put them into 10/14 instead of 11/13 :)

Still a lot of plants in the small dome popping the pellet tops, you can see a few Orange Drop babies in the picture :)

Remember that oil from a few weeks ago? Well here it is curing in it's little jar of goodness, still haven't tried any but it smells like fruit cake. Best smelling oil I've ever made, getting good at this QWISO shit haha! :high-five:

Have a good one mateys!

Great show brother. Looking nice. Hope the epsom gets that shine on.
Happy daze.

Cheers mayne, happy to hear someone else thinks they're healthy cause I'm always second guessing haha. Yeah should be right if not I have some root booster to help make them happier if need be :thumb:
Have a good one.

@Dusty Kiefers Yeah it is :rofl: A bit too much but I'm sure we'll have some males to cull after the inspection and they can go into flower :)
@Van Stank Welcome to my little world of insanity! Not late at all, in fact I'll be flowering all of these plants in about 3 weeks. Pull up a chair and enjoy the craziness :)

Jazzy and I were just having a little chat about topping/not topping these plants. We thought we'd ask on here so what do people think? Would it be easier to train when topped but that might reduce over-all yield (some plants don't like topping I've noticed). I mean I assume they would be easier to train as topped plants but I really want to grow these untopped since we've only grown 1 indoor plant un-topped, would be interesting to see the results but if anyone has a REALLY GOOD REASON that I should top them please do drop your 2 cents into the mix :thumb:

All suggestions/answers are welcome/encouraged :)

Too funny dude. Me and the Mrs K were just having that same discussion. We think we will not top this go. We always do 97% of the time all the time.:rofl:
But realy thats wierd dude we were talking that last night.

It's decided, the universe says "no!" this time haha. It seems we are connecting more haha, love it when stuff lines up like that :high-five:
We should catch up some time in this life, seems like we would get along just fine haha :thumb:

Just moved all the plants into one of the brand spankin new big tents :thumb:

2 small fans and 1 exhaust fan for air circulation
2 300w Mars LED lights

They all look pretty happy after 4 hours or so in their new home, they needed more room and they would have got way over crowded in their previous smaller dwellings :)

Have a good one :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom