Manifolding LSD & Heavyweight Fruit Punch LED Organic

I've been looking at these same options for 2 months now. It feels like a life decision. lol

I feel any of these choices will produce great results, at this point I'm going with my gut and choosing the PS1000. Again, I've been going back and forth, as is is not easy to fork over $1200 per light. Although I'm positive it'll be worth every penny. I like what I saw in Neil's videos.

Sorry if I could not offer up much "scientific" info, just my opinion.

Good luck on your quest.

COB or LES more accurately is the future. Old COB tech was not LES, so it was prone to heat at the physical junctions, and was complete junk - ALL of it. New Crees will run ~65+% efficiency including driver losses, Vs at the very best 40-ish% from HPS. I have no dog in the fight, I have run hybrid LED/HPS for a few years.

I would first decide if I wanted to build, or buy. There's about a 50% or better cost savings. Amare is using LES COBs, and there are few others. I have a twin VERO Timber COB based, several Advanced (who Platinum copies), and maybe three other brands of LEDs. Cali is not worth the money. I don't want to say too much more. Some are supporters here, some are not. I can vouch for Timber, and Advanced. The Mars are a good bargain, and I expect the Platinum would be too.

The thing with the 3w diodes in most of the lower end ones is that they suffer from the same issue as old COB lights, and that is overheating the junction due to costs cutting on the heatsink. It can cost as much as than any other part in the light, believe it or not. What can happen is that they junction will heat, causing the diode to fail, and then that whole leg goes out, because they don't shunt around each LED.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text.....I have used LED for a long time...and was planning on building some top bin Cree arrays with 4 COB each running at 50w, ~65% efficiency. 800w in my 4.5x4.5 would be ~1000ppfd. I wrote as small spreadsheet that will model out the thermal flow, the heatsinks need for passive/active cooling, and calculate PPFD automagically, if you decide to build, and want it. I learned the latest by reading supraSPL if you want to search.

COB or LES more accurately is the future. Old COB tech was not LES, so it was prone to heat at the physical junctions, and was complete junk - ALL of it. New Crees will run ~65+% efficiency including driver losses, Vs at the very best 40-ish% from HPS. I have no dog in the fight, I have run hybrid LED/HPS for a few years.

I would first decide if I wanted to build, or buy. There's about a 50% or better cost savings. Amare is using LES COBs, and there are few others. I have a twin VERO Timber COB based, several Advanced (who Platinum copies), and maybe three other brands of LEDs. Cali is not worth the money. I don't want to say too much more. Some are supporters here, some are not. I can vouch for Timber, and Advanced. The Mars are a good bargain, and I expect the Platinum would be too.

The thing with the 3w diodes in most of the lower end ones is that they suffer from the same issue as old COB lights, and that is overheating the junction due to costs cutting on the heatsink. It can cost as much as than any other part in the light, believe it or not. What can happen is that they junction will heat, causing the diode to fail, and then that whole leg goes out, because they don't shunt around each LED.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text.....I have used LED for a long time...and was planning on building some top bin Cree arrays with 4 COB each running at 50w, ~65% efficiency. 800w in my 4.5x4.5 would be ~1000ppfd. I wrote as small spreadsheet that will model out the thermal flow, the heatsinks need for passive/active cooling, and calculate PPFD automagically, if you decide to build, and want it. I learned the latest by reading supraSPL if you want to search.

Hello CareStaker! Cree CXB 3590 is old tech, far from new. There are much better options than the old king now. And even cheaper. Like new Vero gen. 7, Citizen CLU 058 1825 and CLU 048 1818. Time has moved on. But I do not know about any firm using those chips. They use the old CREEs and CLU 048-1212. You can get to around a dollar per actual watt with DIY COBs. Active cooling is cheaper than passive. Good stuff. And good luck! :love: :Namaste:

Hello CareStaker! Cree CXB 3590 is old tech, far from new. There are much better options than the old king now. And even cheaper. Like new Vero gen. 7, Citizen CLU 058 1825 and CLU 048 1818. Time has moved on. But I do not know about any firm using those chips. They use the old CREEs and CLU 048-1212. You can get to around a dollar per actual watt with DIY COBs. Active cooling is cheaper than passive. Good stuff. And good luck! :love: :Namaste:

Ha! Good luck to you.

UPDATE: 72 DAYS IN FLOWER.

I watered the remaining girls Sunday with 2 gallons of water with 1/4tsp of MAMMOTH P. I didnt water HWFP1 (which is the girl in the back on the left.) I didnt water because I planned to chop her yesterday which was Monday. So yesterday I chopped HWFP1. About 5 or 6 hours after lights out. As iv read in many places that during lights out. The plants store alot of their stuff in their roots. And when lights come on or the sun comes up it distributes it back into the plant. How true that is IDK but Iv been going by that for years. Even back when I grew outdoors. Anyhow, So the girl went a total of 71 days in flower. And seeing as how she is mainly sativa, I would assume that is on the early side with her. Totally could be wrong. I still havent looked at their trichomes. I really should but its such a pain in the ass and Im not sure it is anymore accurate than looking at the hairs. I have personally seen trichomes go from Milky to clear again. Im not sure what that means. But Any who. I need to get me a loupe. Because my usb microscope is a pain in the ass and requires me to take my laptop out there. So I have to stare at the lap top while trying to hold my hand still and focus in. I could just cut a small bud and look but I dont like the sound of that.

I took some pictures but remember it is my front camera of my phone. So the pics arent the best. And the lighting wasnt the best either. I really wish I could show the true look of this plant. As she honestly looks like she was rolled in powered sugar. She is basically a light gray from all the trichomes which the camera doesnt seem to pic up very good. Smell??? I have no idea. Im fighting off a cold and cant smell a thing. Its SO SAD!!! And very disappointing. I looooove the smell of some good herb. Weight??? Im not sure. About the same as the other I think. Prolly end up with about 65gs. Thats my guess anyway. Here are the pics..

Well the site wont allow right now so Ill post later

AS FOR THE LSD1

It felt like it needed jarring yesterday. It actually felt like it was in that butter zone. And I got caught up and forgot. I will jar it today but Im guessing Im late. How late IDK i will find out and update later. ....
UPDATE...I just cut off stem and jarred with B-62 packs. Unfortunately I missed my butter zone. Its not Toooo dry but dryer than it should be. So sad.....I had it. but lost track of what I was doing. And as mentioned. I CANT SMELL!!! So sad. Lol ANYWAY........Drumroll.....................THE LSD YEILDED ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
79Gs

well I still cant upload photos for some reason. but the Heavyweight Fruit Punch 1 is dry and curing now. I got a total of 90Gs From her. Which I am very please with. Thats a little over 3zzs for her. And "her" only being barely 2ft tall. I doubt she is even that tall. I should measure the others to see. But I think she was my biggest Yielder. The others are nice but not as thick or big. HFP2 is taller but not as thick. Anyway. I am going to chop the other 2 today. And then send my light in to get fixed while still trying to figure out what my NEXT light will be. :) By the way. I still cant smell. SO I have no clue how HFP1 smelled. I can only hope it was great. Its like a cruel joke or punishment that I cant smell.
Ok thats it for now. Ill try to get pictures as soon as this site will allow. Anyone else having problems uploading pictures?

I'm able to upload photos without any issues. Answering the following questions will help us assist you in getting the photo upload process working again.

If you need help with the photo gallery, please check out our tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Additionally, please give us more specific information that might help us to resolve this issue.

Are you using a proxy service? If so, that is most likely your problem.

Clear your cache, cookies & temp files, then reboot your computer, modem & router and try again.

It could be your Internet Service Provider (ISP) network having difficulties.

You can open a DOS window and run these two commands to see if you are losing connection.

(tracert 420magazine.com) and (ping 420magazine.com)

If neither of these seem to be the issue, then please provide us with the following data.

Are you using a Mac or PC? Desktop/laptop, phone or tablet and what kind?

Have you changed anything in your upload procedure?

What browser are you using? We recommend Google Chrome for full website functionality.

What operating system are you using?

What virus protection are you using and is it up to date?

Do you have Javascript installed and if so, is it the latest version?

Can you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you cannot upload?

The more information we have, the better we can help you.

FINAL UPDATE:

I harvested the final 2 girls Last Friday. They hung Until Sunday night. They seemed to be in that butter zone. Although I wish it would have took them longer. At least 4 or 5 days to dry, Im glad I got them in that zone so I can properly cure them. So thats where they are now. I burbed the jars for a couple days to make sure there wasnt too much moisture. They are pretty much good now. Now they just need to sit for a few weeks and cure. I took them all out of jars yesterday and did a final weigh. I am extremely happy with my results. At least as far as yeild, and looks. I still cant smell a damn thing so have no clue on how good they smell. But they are very sticky and covered in frost.
.......................................My final results for this grow............................................

Barneys L.S.D 1...79Gs

Barneys L.S.D 2...105Gs

Heavyweight Fruit Punch 1...90Gs

Heavyweight Fruit Punch 2...108Gs

...................................................................FOR A TOTAL OF.............................................................

......................................................................................382Gs.............................................................................

If the first 2 plants I chopped would had equaled the other 2. I would have gotten over 400Gs which would put me right at 1g a watt. Im very happy with that. Now granted, I havent smoked any of it yet so I dont know the quality. But I think I did pretty good. Especially when you consider I am not only using a Mars light but one that has diodes burned out. I wish my light was fine. As I would grow another quick crop before it gets too hot. And skip a grow during the summer. I dont think I have enough smoke to get me thru till next sept or oct. It would be close dont get me wrong. I still have a few zzs of my summer airy weed. But I dont think I would make it and dont want to have to bother going and finding and buying it. I could buy an air conditioner for my grow room but I worry about my bill going up and being looked at. It has already went up from like 40 to 70 then 70 to 100 cuz of winter and Iv had heaters going. The bill isnt that high but I stay paranoid lol. I dont want them wondering why my bill is higher. Then If I ad an airconditioner. I would get one of those in room air conditioners so it wasnt noticeable. But then it isnt noticeable for the electric man either so they dont know why my bill is so much higher. SORRY!! I know I am rambling. These are just the things I think about. Anyway.

I still cant upload pics from my computer so I am going to try and use my phone.
Overall I am very pleased with this grow and growing method. I like the ease of Manifolding as apposed to SCROG. But with a Scrog your whole yield is pretty much tops. But Manicuring is a pain. Manifolding was simple and easy. And yields were great. (IMO) Im sure it could have been better and smoke prolly could be stronger but Im still learning. I am still debating on getting a Amare Solar Eclipse 450 or a Perfect Sun Goliath. Other than that I think I am pretty much done with this grow. I will try to upload some pictures somehow. Any comments or suggestions...Or even criticism. Please feel free. I want to hear what you have to say. Till then :peacetwo:

Congrats on a great haul! Hope it's all top smoke. If you want to extend your drying time, when ambient RH is low, you can hang the wet branches in cardboard boxes, and crack the lid to keep the RH around 60-70%, provided you didn't have any fungal issues. If you did, you can still use boxes, but after doing a bud-wash, which works really well, but knocks a day off the dry time in my experience. Paranoid is always better than busted lol. Thanks for posting them up, I enjoyed seeing them! :high-five:

Well I dont know about that but thanks for the kind words :)

I enjoyed it very much too! Tanky you for sharing your experience with us! :love: :Namaste:

Ok. These harvest pics have been a pain so i apologize for the delay and for the fact that the pictures i was able to get uploaded got all mixed around so some. So i may not have the right names for the pics but ima try

From start to finish it should be Heavyweight Fruit Punch 1...LSD 2 and the the last few of the tallest plant was Heavyweight Fruit Punch 2. Its all curing now. LSD 1 has cured for a couple weeks or so so i got a few nugs from it out and it is Extremely Stanky. Like a skunk smell mix with unknown. Stunk my whole house up so ill have to be carefull with it. Cant have my house smelling like i own a pack of skunks that have.... died??? Or maybe....idk cant put my finger on it but i still am having trouble smelling being sick and all. But i can smell a little now and its great. I havent opened any of the Heavyweight Fruit Punch so i still dont know. But its primarily Sativa and i look foward to it. Hopefully it will be a energetic hi. Anyway. Im sending my mars light back to get fixed tomorrow. Still debating on Amare solareclipse450 and the perfect Sun Goliath. I think thats about it for now

20170119_174206.jpg
20170119_174225.jpg
20170123_135118.jpg
20170123_152206.jpg
20170123_152217.jpg
20170123_152227.jpg
20170123_1522061.jpg
20170123_1522101.jpg
20170123_1522171.jpg
20170123_1522271.jpg
20170123_1351182.jpg
20170123_1522062.jpg
20170123_1522102.jpg
20170123_1522172.jpg
20170123_1522272.jpg
20170127_111532.jpg
20170127_111538.jpg
20170127_111552.jpg
20170127_111557_LI.jpg
20170127_111611.jpg
20170127_111618.jpg
20170127_111623.jpg
20170127_111633.jpg
20170127_123636.jpg
20170127_123645.jpg
20170127_123659.jpg
20170127_123711.jpg
20170127_123714.jpg
20170127_123720.jpg
20170127_123741.jpg
20170127_123749.jpg
20170127_123810.jpg
20170127_124716.jpg
20170127_124726.jpg
20170127_124801.jpg
20170127_124805.jpg
20170127_124807.jpg
20170127_133752.jpg
20170127_133801.jpg
20170127_133808.jpg
20170127_133809.jpg
20170127_133820.jpg

Those pics really show how easy it is to trim and dry a mainlined plant. :goodjob:

Yea its definitely another bonus on top of all the others. I like being able to hang the plant as a whole. If I really wanted to do things right I would hang the whole plant unmanicured. Leaving all the leafs on until it was dry. Then manicure it. That way it takes longer to dry and the leafs and sugar trim wrap around the buds like a protected glove. But it is SUCH a pain in the ass to manicure it after it dries. Anyway. It was probably the easiest time Iv had manicuring. And of course hanging itself is painless as you just hang the whole plant.

Ok So I sent my light off on the 7th. I paid $49 to ship it. Plus i got an invoice from Mars Hydro of $67 to fix and ship it back. So I just paid $116 to fix a $300 light. I feel stupid and hustled a little to be honest. Its clear its going to do it again so Im basically paying $116 to grow a couple more times with it. IDK doesnt matter its over and done. Now Im just waiting. They said it should take 7 - 10 Days from the time they get it, to fix it. At least Ill have it. I actually quite like the light. (although its the only led iv owned so nothing to compare it too)

In other but same ole shit news. Im still OCDing about my new light. I was certain I was getting a perfect sun goliath, then was certain I was getting an Amare solareclipse450 with a niiice 5yr warranty. AND uv bulb. But there is just something about the Goliath, plus its more watts. I cant decide for shit. But Im the same way at a restaurant. I would LOVE to see a side by side comparison. Anyway. Still deciding.

Also trying to figure out what my plan is for summer. I dont want to grow another crop like last summer. dont get me wrong. The weed is sticky and will stone you. But very little smell and VERY airy. My temps got up to the 100s. No AC. Humidity was high. So I am either going to figure out a way to cool this tiny little room discretely, or skip the 3 hottest months and just not grow. I mean i only grow for me and my wife. Its all personal. And I we smoke about 2zzs a month. Maybe a little less but to be safe This is my number. I pulled 11 or 12 zzs this grow so that about 6 months. Takes about 4 months to harvest. So that gives me 2 month that I can not grow and not run out. Plus the heat isnt as bad on the plant in veg so That gives me a month or so. Id say theres 4 hot months and 2 or 3 really hot months. But take 4. minus a month of veg. ( really about 2) Minus the 2 months I dont have to grow. that still leaves a month of heat. damn it....

ps
sorry for the ramblings of a mad man

Hey natural its been a week and i assume your nose has to be back to smelling by now sooo

how do they smell?

OH...MY...GOD...is how they smell. The LSD is probably the strongest smelling of the bunch. I have to be careful when kids are home because just breaking up on j can and will smell up the whole house. As far as the smell itself. Iv never been good at describing taste and smell but me just trying I would say a mix between like,,,,a skunk, some ceder, with an unidentified oder. The Fruit Punch Has of course...a slight fruity smell. I havent smoked any yet as Iv been letting it get a good cure. But have one rolled right now that I plan to smoke in a bit. It is probably the oiliest bud Iv ever had or even come across. I can break a bud in half and rub it across your finger and your finger will shine like baby oil is on it. and as you rub your fingers together you can feel the thickness of the oil which eventually turns to very sticky and gummy. It is the HFP 1. The one that was in the back left. It looks just like it was rolled in powered sugar. Trichomes are VERY thick on this one. As for the High of the LSD. Its a good name for it. It of course doesnt make you trip or see shit but does have a very strong psychedelic affect.
I unfortunately ran out of b-62 packs after I jarred the LSD 1 and HFP 1. So I had to cure the last to the old fashion way. Of letting the moisture build up and the dry it out and re jar. I thought It was stable. Left it for almost a week. Realized it was silly, and stupid not too at least check on them to make sure no moisture has built up. So I checked them and thank god I did. I was scared at first. Thinking I was too late and they were molded. But I was all good. I put them all in bowls and let them dry over night then rejarred them with B-62 pack that finally came in. If your not using B-62 packs I highly recommend for curing and long term storage. I am in know way affiliated with them. You can go back in my journals and probably see where I learned about them and started using them. Anyway my point is they make curing SO MUCH EASIER!! no guess work. No 60 RH monitors. Just dry. Jar with Packs, And let cure till ready to smoke. At least that has been my experience in the last 3 grows Iv used them.

Back
Top Bottom