Mars Hydro Grow Journal: TS 3000, Gorilla Glue Auto, 4x4 Tent, 2 Medium, 2 Pot Sizes

WHY do we need to use a different pH for soil and for coco? Go ion level if you want...I'm loving all the nerding
Well the way I understand it is, soil acts as a buffer and coco is much closer to hydro and has no buffer so the buffer is me. lol I started reading and gave up... too stoned..

WHY do we need to use a different pH for soil and for coco?
The mix needs to be a bit more acidic in hydro to combat waterborne algae species from growing as well as staying in a rather tight nutrient uptake range. In soil you have micro organisms, and water+mineral interactions working at that task around the clock for you, in order for them to produce the need a more alkaline ph level.

The mix needs to be a bit more acidic in hydro to combat waterborne algae species from growing as well as staying in a rather tight nutrient uptake range. In soil you have micro organisms, and water+mineral interactions working at that task around the clock for you, in order for them to produce the need a more alkaline ph level.
I did add micro organisms with the gaia green and some worm castings to the coco? I think.

I did add micro organisms with the gaia green and some worm castings to the coco? I think.
That I have zero experience with, I grow in a 70/30 coco/perlite mix and I’ve never used dry amendments. But I do know that when using them you will need to top-dress before they show signs of deficiencies. Or use teas to address them immediately

That I have zero experience with, I grow in a 70/30 coco/perlite mix and I’ve never used dry amendments. But I do know that when using them you will need to top-dress before they show signs of deficiencies. Or use teas to address them immediately
I will be top dressing in a few weeks I think with gaia green and worm castings. I will also be brewing teas for them. Not sure when to start that. I suppose when they start asking for it. I also think I will be watering coco with no run off.

I will be top dressing in a few weeks I think with gaia green and worm castings. I will also be brewing teas for them. Not sure when to start that. I suppose when they start asking for it. I also think I will be watering coco with no run off.
Everything sounded good until the no run-off lol.
Do you have a reasoning for that? Or just trying it out?

Everything sounded good until the no run-off lol.
Do you have a reasoning for that? Or just trying it out?
Talking out loud hoping to hear feed back.. I just saw Mr. Canuck watering his coco autos with no run off. It wasn't his greatest harvest.

It's been 12 days as seedlings. When are they no longer seedlings? Edith is a hot mess. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking the soil was a little hot or its genetics maybe. She is dark green darker than others. Rust spots could be water droplets on her? Others look so heathy. What is up with this one. She has been watered like the rest but looks like she is a different animal.
Here she is.. WTF? Her sisters looking ok I think.

A2230864-2340-4A96-BEC1-4C8E950DBA93.JPG

0CEDBDC0-9627-4092-B36F-989D3191C7E0.JPG

65BB47B0-66DC-4792-A127-3B42B84E1D73.JPG

6DBD64C2-D807-4982-A7B6-90CC5826600C.JPG

866E38C2-7B66-473E-8B07-BB9EC6023384.JPG

Hmm...genetics or a critter chomping on young leaves. I agree on the droplet idea as well.

I would wait her out a bit. The new growth is picking up nutrients. She is trying.

It's been 12 days as seedlings. When are they no longer seedlings? Edith is a hot mess. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking the soil was a little hot or its genetics maybe. She is dark green darker than others. Rust spots could be water droplets on her? Others look so heathy. What is up with this one. She has been watered like the rest but looks like she is a different animal.
Here she is.. WTF? Her sisters looking ok I think.

A2230864-2340-4A96-BEC1-4C8E950DBA93.JPG

0CEDBDC0-9627-4092-B36F-989D3191C7E0.JPG

65BB47B0-66DC-4792-A127-3B42B84E1D73.JPG

6DBD64C2-D807-4982-A7B6-90CC5826600C.JPG

866E38C2-7B66-473E-8B07-BB9EC6023384.JPG
The first pic looks to be over watered and water droplets under a light can burn your leafs. This is what one if my baby's looked like and that is what it was. I was watering to close to the stalk and choked her out.

The first pic looks to be over watered and water droplets under a light can burn your leafs. This is what one if my baby's looked like and that is what it was. I was watering to close to the stalk and choked her out.
It dark and waxy looking too. I think that means it's had it's fair share of the nitrogen. It looks deformed. leafs are looking unformed. I guess it will just grow to love the nutrients, not so much now.

It dark and waxy looking too. I think that means it's had it's fair share of the nitrogen. It looks deformed. leafs are looking unformed. I guess it will just grow to love the nutrients, not so much now.
Lol I have a girl who don't like nutrients for a week at a time. I'm like wtf happened to you? Lol I ask her that then all the sudden she will eat a bucket full at a time. They have attitudes every now and then. Thats how I look at it.

adjust light % up a little, may help a little. your in veg you'll be alright.

mulch and sawdust will lower nitrogen in soil.

finally ordered my lights ts 3000(X2), also moved my photo plants to tent to start cloning this week. Next pic will have my new lights and had too add extra heater to tent, got cold in ontario.
20210126_093544.jpg

1000watt HPS, this light is 20 years old and 11 bulbs later.
20210126_133525.jpg

20210126_133401.jpg

adjust light % up a little, may help a little. your in veg you'll be alright.

mulch and sawdust will lower nitrogen in soil.

finally ordered my lights ts 3000(X2), also moved my photo plants to tent to start cloning this week. Next pic will have my new lights and had too add extra heater to tent, got cold in ontario.
20210126_093544.jpg

1000watt HPS, this light is 20 years old and 11 bulbs later.
20210126_133525.jpg

20210126_133401.jpg
You are really gonna love those new lights. I think I'm gonna ride out this nitrogen. I'll get some mulch if I don't start seeing some normal growth soon. I gave'em a good water yesterday and changing lights from 24/0 to 18/6 today.

have you adjust up from 35% on light , more light might help. maybe raise to 40-45%
I have.. i'm about 55% at 24 inch. I think this will be good for veg. Not sure tho. I'm really just guessing at this point. I will up the percentage and try to push them if they look heathy.

Back
Top Bottom