Mars Hydro Grow Journal: TS 3000, Gorilla Glue Auto, 4x4 Tent, 2 Medium, 2 Pot Sizes

:ciao: I'll tag along if you don't mind. I'll try to catch up with what's going on asap.
Not much to catchup on yet.... I could use any tips or tricks. I still don't know what i'm doin, but that worked out last grow so I expect the best out come this time too.
:passitleft:

I hope you can have a good harvest this time too
My fingers are crossed hopping nothing goes to wrong. I'm wondering how Edith will come out of this. Right now I'm trying to figure out where and what setting to dim lights for Veg for optimal grow. I have them at 50% at 24inch.

My fingers are crossed hopping nothing goes to wrong. I'm wondering how Edith will come out of this. Right now I'm trying to figure out where and what setting to dim lights for Veg for optimal grow. I have them at 50% at 24inch.
50% is what the mars hydro says, when you get into 4-5 node range i'd be tempted to go to 60-65%. I'd also start thinking about opening up more bud sites how every you plan on doing it. i like 5-7 nodes then start bending but you got and plant training expert and master cabinet builder here.
:ciao: I'll tag along if you don't mind. I'll try to catch up with what's going on asap.
I love your cabinet builds mate, i want one !! i think i'm going to help my kid build one when he goes back to school finally for his dorm room.
You grow much of the shortstuff beans , i've wanted to try the gorilla shizzle, purple amnesia and gorilla but always talk myself out of it.

50% is what the mars hydro says, when you get into 4-5 node range i'd be tempted to go to 60-65%. I'd also start thinking about opening up more bud sites how every you plan on doing it. i like 5-7 nodes then start bending but you got and plant training expert and master cabinet builder here.

I love your cabinet builds mate, i want one !! i think i'm going to help my kid build one when he goes back to school finally for his dorm room.
You grow much of the shortstuff beans , i've wanted to try the gorilla shizzle, purple amnesia and gorilla but always talk myself out of it.
Thanks buddy. They're good fun to build and grow in. I've done a short stuff auto pink grapefruit. Smells amazing and packs a punch.

I found this helpful
Screenshot_20200916-142910.png

I recommend that you hang the lights at 18 ", since you have already turned down the brightness, I do not recommend that you hang the lights higher

I have a laser temp. gun for doing a/c at work and i usually do temps on the canopy every few weeks, i've found that my HPS light canopy temps stay within 2-4 degree's within my room temp at about 20-24" height for my room
My old LED's surprised the hell out of me and especially in bloom, 5-9 degree change at 20-24" ended up at 28-30". I would have thought the opposite but my uneducated thought is alot of LED have useless colour spectrums( my guess is they love red too much). I have also found that cooling room doesn't effect Leaf surface temps as much as light height does and i like to try and use the VPD chart too.

I have not done this with the TS3000 yet and my old lights don't have dimmer switchs but basically the recommed heights usually are my start points and i adjust to canopy temps through out grow.
Back in my younger days we did the old school test for light heights, hold your hand canopy height for awhile and decide would i take a vacation and sip mytie's sun tanning in this weed jungle or not.

just how i do it every room may be different.

bjandbear.jpg

thinking BJ and the Bear pic will bring back some old memories and get the 6000 views you need to win Mars light :laughtwo:
I mean who wouldn't want to drive in a kick ass red Kenworth with a monkey riding shotgun, someone got to roll the blunts.

I recommend that you hang the lights at 18 ", since you have already turned down the brightness, I do not recommend that you hang the lights higher
I've got light at 75% at 24inch. I have a light meter on it's way. I'm tired of guessing. Yes!!! finding optimal setting at 18 inches would be the optimal.

bjandbear.jpg

thinking BJ and the Bear pic will bring back some old memories and get the 6000 views you need to win Mars light :laughtwo:
I mean who wouldn't want to drive in a kick ass red Kenworth with a monkey riding shotgun, someone got to roll the blunts.
I did drive a red Kenworth for over 20 years... lol Never saw BJ and the Bear. Keep posting here and I might make it to 6000 views.

It's been 17 Days of growth. I'm finding that watering will be fun. All of my pots will have different needs for watering. This is just what I need. I will get more hands on. I watered coco yesterday and put some 4-4-4 with some worm castings for a top dressing. Edith is starting to produce normal looking leaves.

Edith is in 5 gallon pot medium is FFOF
9BA0D122-1E21-4B85-BE9D-9D200D05D518.JPG
C929C9FE-7642-4EC8-9B34-90F73ACCB2C0.JPG

June is in 3 gallon pot medium is FFOF
539E4578-072D-403C-B0CA-1011B142ABFA.JPG

0E737D08-C69D-4685-816C-04B66D2CBA00.JPG

Betty is in 5 gallon pot medium is Coco
F3193D3A-8F89-495B-98A6-80DFD075BB09.JPG
CA252CD1-6295-400D-B4C1-4D80900E5763.JPG

Norma is in 3 gallon pot medium is Coco
2D5FF790-0060-47D6-9A77-163DDC4DD7F6.JPG
C506F64E-A5B3-4678-952C-5278927385B4.JPG

Group shot of Gorilla Glue Autos under TS 3000 in 4X4 /medium and pot size experiment
504DE108-C82E-4E24-BA1B-C4B2E6344C33.JPG

18 Days Old
Made my first compost tea using a few cups of worm castings and a couple tablespoons of molasses in a five gallon bucket with air stones working 24 hours on the brew. I also started with vitamin C, about a quarter teaspoon and waited about 20 minutes before putting molasses and worm castings in bucket.

I used this for my FFOF pots
8179803F-88B2-4E66-9E74-5518ADA87DD6.JPG

I used this for Coco pots
BB80E145-C12B-40B3-82C2-642C24EE91DC.JPG

Gorilla Glue Autos | 4x4 Tent | Two Mediums | Two Pot Sizes
04F67ECA-B64B-487B-8426-B4318A9FE9DA.JPG

Edith is looking better. I am happy to see another explore teas. You will see your plant's positive response.

There are nutrient teas as well. Those microbes break down the junk and make it readily available for the plants. Overloading the inputs can be bad though.

Edith is looking better. I am happy to see another explore teas. You will see your plant's positive response.

There are nutrient teas as well. Those microbes break down the junk and make it readily available for the plants. Overloading the inputs can be bad though.
I'm happy to see Edith developing in a positive direction. Norma in that small pot of Coco is clearly looking to be leading so far. This grow is clearly Fun!!! Contest aside I'm so glad I decided to do this. I only plan to give compost tea every two weeks. Maybe a little stronger as grow goes.

Nice! I am sure your plants will love it.

As of now, I am constantly brewing a tea and the lone AC/DC i am running only receives teas. I do not water to run off, I just keep the soil moist. No ill effects to the new rich diet. I also throw dry amendments in the teas for mild nutrition.

I do not think there is a strict formula and I bet an occasional boost is all that is really needed.

Nice! I am sure your plants will love it.

As of now, I am constantly brewing a tea and the lone AC/DC i am running only receives teas. I do not water to run off, I just keep the soil moist. No ill effects to the new rich diet. I also throw dry amendments in the teas for mild nutrition.

I do not think there is a strict formula and I bet an occasional boost is all that is really needed.
:adore:You are a mad scientist. I'll be watching and learning... I'm taking a conservative approach.

Back
Top Bottom