Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

We’ve got a little bit of action going on above ground in most of the cups. The only dud seems to be the chemdog, which I kind of expected. I believe, however, we’re looking at 4/5 successful germinations though, so that’s good news.

we’ll start with the Xanadu. She’s just raring to go. Should be fully standing by the morning

Grandpa Punch still has a helmet on and I didn’t want to try and remove it quite yet, but I’m very confident I’ll be able to get that shell off and keep the seedling happy.

Killer A5 Haze has found the surface and sent its taproot down into the soil, i expect she’ll be standing by tomorrow evening.. potentially with a helmet on (I doubt it personally) but I’ll be able to deal with that if need be.

Garlic Sherbert also had a helmet even though I think she may slip it off without help. Either way, active and growing.

That’s all the seed babies. As I said before, I fully expect all 4 of these to make it into veg. Now I’m contemplating what to replace the chemdog with. The runner up in the contest was the Amherst sour Diesel.. but ive got plenty of sour bubba, so I’m thinking I might go a different direction. I’m thinking the White OG, or maybe Bubba Hash.

Here’s the clone of my strain, Cookies n Chem. I’m gonna have to maintain control of this plant while the others catch up.

That’s it for now. We’re almost at day 1!

Thanks for comin Amy, welcome to the next installment of my growing journey! This is gonna be a lot of fun and I’m glad to have you here with me.

I went ahead and dropped a seed of The White OG to replace the chemdog... but I also ended up soaking a seed of LA Cheese as well. I’m looking for the same pheno that I grew the first time around and will only be keeping the plant if it starts to grow with the same morphology as those initial two LA Cheese I grew... something like this

This plant was just in a 1 gallon pot. These plants grew very very short and bushy, and the nugs were outrageously frosty. If the plant doesn’t look like this, I will most likely just scrap it.

Finally made it for the fun Chef! I was in someone else's kitchen. It took me a while to realize that.
For some reason I picture you like the cat that floats into the window cause of the smell of a pie on the window cill .. :laugh:
Welcome! This is gonna be a great run

As promised,
The very next day we’ve got 4 babies standing up with no help getting their seed casings off.
love it when it’s so easy like that. I think what @Mr. Sauga posted about the tap root needing space to go down I.e. plant the seed sideways, has merit. For fun I planted all of these seeds sideways just to see. I think I’ll stick to doing it that way.

Today is day 1
Clockwise from the front: Xanadu, grandpa punch, Killer A5 Haze, Garlic Sherbert

I think what @Mr. Sauga posted about the tap root needing space to go down I.e. plant the seed sideways, has merit. For fun I planted all of these seeds sideways just to see. I think I’ll stick to doing it that way.
Thanks Chef. I try and plant mine with the tap root straight up, or as close as possible without fumbling with it too much. I actually took some more pictures of how I do it today and will have them up in the near future. I'm glad they all popped up without the helmets! :high-five:

Thanks Chef. I try and plant mine with the tap root straight up, or as close as possible without fumbling with it too much. I actually took some more pictures of how I do it today and will have them up in the near future. I'm glad they all popped up without the helmets! :high-five:
I think planting horizontally with the seam upward is what we’re after right?

Here we are day two,

everything looking great. They’ve stretched up a bit so I cranked up the ts3000 to 75%. They look quite perky indeed.

once their cups dry out a little I’ll give them a light dose of MC and super thrive. Just enough to get them going, maybe 1g/gal and 4 drops per gal superthrive.

So I’m taking a closer look at each seedling individually... and I came to a realization about why the chemdog never sprouted as I was looking at the Xanadu....

Jesus I must have been so high... I really need to be more careful. Anyone have any ideas how I can separate these two? Should I act now or wait?

also that explains how I completely lost that big-ass seed in the other cup :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom