Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I would go for best photo, best plant, best nug etc. i dont calculate grams per watts because thats very misleading at times. Prizes i would leave up to Sarah to choose.

Indeed it does FrostyBud :) I could have told your invisible friend that. It's a little strain dependent - believe it or not. For example this Big-Bud pheno I have here can grow as close as 8-10 cm and you won't even notice it on the buds or leaves. Then I have this White Widow pheno that will get light bleached if the lamps are a millimeter closer than 40 cm. That one is one of the most beautiful plants in my collection so I keep it alive even if it's not the highest yielder. Thinking about breeding in some heavy yielding strains and hope I get a pheno that keeps the colors.

And that was a lot of blablabla from my side

Sara asked for suggestions for prizes, so I gave her my dream prize. Last year's prizes were amazing - I know because I won them. I got a big 4x4 tent with 4 Mars Pro II 80's + 4 Mars bars for side lighting. I use them to keep bonzai mothers alive while the 80's are flowering 16 plants right now.

Mars-Hydro give away amazing prizes every year and I bet they will do that this year as well :)

here's some of the stuff I won last Mars Cup
update_006_-_overview_mobile_phone.jpg

Grams per watt is problematic because you have to trust the contestants. When you compete over prizes with such high values, sometimes some people lose their ethical guidelines temporarily - to put it mildly. There was a lot of weirdness last round I bet both Mars and the contestants just wants to forget.

So yes - This category should probably not be in the contest this year

I would go for best photo, best plant, best nug etc. i dont calculate grams per watts because thats very misleading at times. Prizes i would leave up to Sarah to choose.

Now I wish I had a mars lamp so I could run with the big dogs . I'll be keeping my eye out for those competing!

Oh - Like last year you should have some demands on the grow-journal like:

- Minimum weekly updates or else disqualified. Last year there was a lot of journals that hardly ever made an update. Put some demands on the contestants this time. Don't let them be lazy.

Now I wish I had a mars lamp so I could run with the big dogs . I'll be keeping my eye out for those competing!

Get yourself one of those new Eco lights and you're in business. They're super cheap

Gunna try to save up for the reflector 192, see about that Christmas promotion. Need something that can stand up to the cob units I'm running now .

Ecos are tempting but id need 4 49s to get the coverage I'm looking for:S

As Sara says, great for beginners but proII series is for more experience while reflector series is most competitive :3 :cheer:

It's all drilled into my head now XD love following this thread!

you could also have best spreader as a own category. But not connected to best photo or best video.

I can't remember all the categories from last year, but there was a couple problematic ones it would be smart to avoid this year :)

Come on folks! What do you want to compete in and for?

The only thing I'd recommend is when they make rules stick to them. Ex when they say January 1 as start day that doesn't mean start seeds dec1 or whatever else was change during last contest

Gunna try to save up for the reflector 192, see about that Christmas promotion. Need something that can stand up to the cob units I'm running now .

Ecos are tempting but id need 4 49s to get the coverage I'm looking for:S

As Sara says, great for beginners but proII series is for more experience while reflector series is most competitive :3 :cheer:

It's all drilled into my head now XD love following this thread!

Mars Hydro 192 are a great light I have 2 of them and will use them til they break

Mars Hydro 192 are a great light I have 2 of them and will use them til they break
Good to know, thank you!

How do you like it for a 4x4 space?

Oh - Like last year you should have some demands on the grow-journal like:

- Minimum weekly updates or else disqualified. Last year there was a lot of journals that hardly ever made an update. Put some demands on the contestants this time. Don't let them be lazy.
I like your recommendations deville... lets get some set rules going. Jan 1 start doesnt work for me but, ill have to see how next grow goes. What about shortest or tallest plant, maybe fattest nug, best newbie, best journal, best topped plant, best untopped, best lst, and im sure ill think of more. Just kind of spread some prizes around

suggestion for some rules

Germination of seeds/rooting of clones- January 1

This because last year there was a lot of complaint that some people were allowed to start earlier. Instead the contest could last longer so everyone gets a chance to finish.

So seeds must start to germinate January 1 2018
Clones must be taken January 1 2018

Only people with Mars Hydro lamps can participate

Contestant must create a dedicated grow-journal for this contest (Last time there was a lot of weird entries)

prize categories

Best journal
Best Photo
Best Video

The winners of these categories should be decided by votes here on 420 magazine. Spread is not a valid quality measure for best photo. Best photo should win best photo, not the person who has most friends on Instagram :) Spread only tells you have many friends and that you grow in a legal country/state. Best photo should win best photo and best video should win best video.

I also suggest Mars-Hydro publish the videos and we send them to you - That way everyone can participate, not only those in legal countries/states. If you upload them we get to preserve our anonymity. Just like you did with my video a while back.

Grams per watt? - I don't know about this one - How to prove it - Last year it was impossible to pick a winner here, so perhaps leave it out this year? Last year proved we can't trust that everyone have good intentions.

If people want to take part in this contest from Youtube, Instagram, facebook..it is hart for us to refuse them and ask them to join in here, but we will have a fair rules for different channels.

Prizes

Every winner get

4x Mars COB
1x 4x4 Mars Hydro tent
2x Yoyo hangers

:)

That was my suggestions - what do you think folks?

:thanks:

We will have prizes for Best journal Best Photo Best Video. This year, we hope Mars300 and Mars600 users also take part in this contest.We plan to begin this contest from next month and prolong the contest as you suggested so that more people have a chance to part part in.We can not refuse people to join in this contest from other channel such as instagram, facbook...but we can make a fair rules for different channel

If it were not so problematic to prove grams per watt - How to measure it in the first place? Watts pulled from the wall or watts compared to HPS? I don't know what's right.

What would be fun would of course to try to win both grams per watt and fastest finisher category with one grow :) Then we're talking 12/12 from seed, 100 something plants in a 4x4 and a big yielding fast finishing strain.

Different strains have different time for harvest, it is hard to know which one is fastest finisher. We hope beginner and experienced growers can enjoy this contest happily. If we give prize to best harvest, it is not easy to judge how much he harvest. If the harvest come from our lights. Do you think so?

Back
Top Bottom