So many update on the SP lights. :D I have one here: :Namaste:

Do you know your SP-250 can work this way?

On Dec. 12th, Mars Hydro released their new series: Mars SP series, and there are SP-150 and SP-250 in this series. Many growers have preordered them, and we received many feedback from them as well.

In the very beginning, the SP-250 is suppose to made as 200w, but in our first shipment, we made it to 250w, also more growers want to use it 250w, in this way, the light efficiency is only 0.013umol/j less while they have total more output from this light. However, more wattage means more heat as well. After some time's usage, some of the growers told us, the power supply aka the driver, is way too hot! And the light using in the tent also causes too much heat.

Now dear growers, here is the tips can help you. You can use your SP-250 this way to handle the heat!

Tip one: Adjust the wire length and put the power supply outside of your tent.
  • Materiel you need: extra length wire, and extra connector
  • How to get them: You can buy from ebay or you can contact us to buy it from us directly.
  • How to do it: every SP-250 's wire are connected in a special way, but it will be easy to seperate them with just a screw driver. Check the detailed video (you can email us to get it), and you will find out how easily it will be.

Tip two: Adjust your power supply, and make the light less wattage.
  • Materiel: screw driver, watt meter
  • How to do it: We are using the meanwell driver for the SP-250, and it can be adjusted. Firstly you need to seperate the driver from the light, in the back of the driver, there is a hole, you need to open, and use the driver to adjust it. Plug the light into the watt meter so that you know which wattage you are getting. We recommend to adjust the light to around 200w. Then your light won't be that hot, so is the driver. (email us for the video for better understanding)

What is more, our SP lights can be daisy chained, soon after our daisy chain cords are available, we will shoot a video for you as well.

So, have you learnd more ways to use your SP-250 now?

Sara, am new here & to Mars-Hydro. I just bought the 192-960w but may return and get the SP-250 instead
The white light aspect is attractive for my situation, since my "grow room" is actually an attached sun-room with skylights & several large south-facing windows. The intention is to grow veggies & herbs year 'round (central Ontario) AND to enjoy the room, i.e. comfy chair & a book (420mag, of course) :)
And so to that end, how many SP-250s would I need to cover a 28'x10' AND have the light height a little on the high side, i.e. 7' (admittedly not all will be that height, and some will be adjusted according to optimal plant requirements)

Please advise ASAP. Thanks!

They look bright. Wonder why they went with a bar design. I see North and South is covered, but is the light suffecent east and west?

They are covering 5 feet (north south) by 2 1/2 feet (east west) no problem. Using two 250 in the back left to cover 5x5 just like I did with the mars 144 reflector series. So far doing outstanding. Just hit two weeks flower updates coming here on 420mag and youtube.

They look bright. Wonder why they went with a bar design. I see North and South is covered, but is the light suffecent east and west?

Gives the gardener more options. For a square pattern, use multiples. Also, look at their 150-watt TS-1000 which is more compact, at 435mm x 400mm x 122mm (17.126" x 15.748" x 4.80315").

Gives the gardener more options. For a square pattern, use multiples. Also, look at their 150-watt TS-1000 which is more compact, at 435mm x 400mm x 122mm (17.126" x 15.748" x 4.80315").
I know! But Sara told me they didn’t have any available in the “US” warehouse.... :straightface:

Sara, am new here & to Mars-Hydro. I just bought the 192-960w but may return and get the SP-250 instead
The white light aspect is attractive for my situation, since my "grow room" is actually an attached sun-room with skylights & several large south-facing windows. The intention is to grow veggies & herbs year 'round (central Ontario) AND to enjoy the room, i.e. comfy chair & a book (420mag, of course) :)
And so to that end, how many SP-250s would I need to cover a 28'x10' AND have the light height a little on the high side, i.e. 7' (admittedly not all will be that height, and some will be adjusted according to optimal plant requirements)

Please advise ASAP. Thanks!
Hi phranq, one of the SP-250 can cover 2'x4' area, so for your space, you will need around 28pcs of it. Hope this is helpful. :)

We use a bar design, so that it will be more flexible, no matter your room is square or rectangle, just use different quantity of the bar, you can get them fixed. Also, the light can cover the plants more evenly than the bigger wattage lights. ;)

I know! But Sara told me they didn’t have any available in the “US” warehouse.... :straightface:
Now they are available、 :D But I would still recommend the SP-250 more, the light is more intense, give you better results. :D

Hello everyone! The SP price are increased back to normal now; All the eBay, Amazon, and Official website will have the same price. But I have applied you the special discount 3% if you order from our official website: www.mars-hydro.com
with discount code: MarsHydro or Smokesara ;)
Happy growing!

Cannot believe we have so many nice feedback for our SP series till now. it has only release for several month, already a lot of the great feedback. :D Enjoy the feast! :party:

Back
Top Bottom