Do you think it will be neccessary to add uv chip in Mars Hydro TS series as well?

• Yes, it will help on growing

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • No, not very helpful

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Others, please also comment your idea

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
Thank you everyone for the input, I have forward all your advices to our engineer team and boss. :D I hope soon we will have upgraded ones. :circle-of-love:

Will it help you sell more lights? Yup. UV is good and folks are slowly catching onto that. So yes it will increase your marketability and your competitiveness with other products in your price point. It will increase the quality of plants grown under your lights, measurable or not.

From a growers stand point, LED chips are not as effective in emitting UV rays as a HID light is. Whether it's fluorescent/MH or CMH, led won't outperform those in terms of overall output.

So from a company perspective yes adding UV chips could be worthwhile if you don't sacrifice your price point or product lifespan. But from a growers standpoint adding UV can be more effectively achieved using a specialized horticultural bulb and HID setup.

Will it help you sell more lights? Yup. UV is good and folks are slowly catching onto that. So yes it will increase your marketability and your competitiveness with other products in your price point. It will increase the quality of plants grown under your lights, measurable or not.

From a growers stand point, LED chips are not as effective in emitting UV rays as a HID light is. Whether it's fluorescent/MH or CMH, led won't outperform those in terms of overall output.

So from a company perspective yes adding UV chips could be worthwhile if you don't sacrifice your price point or product lifespan. But from a growers standpoint adding UV can be more effectively achieved using a specialized horticultural bulb and HID setup.
Ya I was thinking like one of those cheap little UFO lights that give off tons of UV. A few of those around the room for supplemental lighting would be killer... but then again that’s more plugs running to more outlets.. so I agree with you, if they can add UV without taking away any diodes or hiking the price too much, that would be an excellent light.

Ya I was thinking like one of those cheap little UFO lights that give off tons of UV. A few of those around the room for supplemental lighting would be killer... but then again that’s more plugs running to more outlets.. so I agree with you, if they can add UV without taking away any diodes or hiking the price too much, that would be an excellent light.
I would figure thse UFO lights would raise temp. Of course also depends on grow space.

Definitely w
I would figure thse UFO lights would raise temp. Of course also depends on grow space.
Definitely would, I was just throwing a suggestion out there to brainstorm something along those lines.

Gotcha, im just learning. Its nice to be confermed in when i assume an outcome in changing properties of a growroom, shows me im learning..lol :thumb:

This whole thread and everyone's comments has me thinking. @Old Salt mentioned uv at its strongest at sun up and sun down. After a brief glimpse around the net it does appear that uv/ir is strongest during the morning hours (8-10) and then again late afternoon (2-4). This is per a WHO study.

Would adding 2 ufo's with IR for the last two hours of lights on be beneficial? Temps would obviously increase but then cool when the lights shut off.

Sorry for the hijack but the thought is eating at me.

That's a pretty solid hypothesis! Definitely have to set up different timers for the rotation of Lights. That would probably help in simulating an outdoor grow. LOL now all you would need to do is add a loom for the evening hours.

This whole thread and everyone's comments has me thinking. @Old Salt mentioned uv at its strongest at sun up and sun down. After a brief glimpse around the net it does appear that uv/ir is strongest during the morning hours (8-10) and then again late afternoon (2-4). This is per a WHO study.

Would adding 2 ufo's with IR for the last two hours of lights on be beneficial? Temps would obviously increase but then cool when the lights shut off.

Sorry for the hijack but the thought is eating at me.
Check out Growmau5's YouTube channel. He has some good videos on LED lighting.

Some of your are mixing UV and IR together. They are not the same, they are literally opposite ends of the spectrum haha. UV exposure is highest during the middle of the day when the sun's rays shine more directly. IR exposure is strongest in the mornings and evenings when the sun's rays bend through more of the atmosphere shifting the wavelengths longer.

UV is not needed in abundance, too much will nuke your plants and your skin/eyes. Depending on the intensity only a couple hours of exposure are recommended.

Far red and infra red can induce a shade response (stretch) so be careful with how much your adding.

IR simulates morning/evening UV simulates high noon basically.

Old post but....wondering if tsw2000 lights are damaging to the skin, if i have glasses on working in there with light on, is this okay if im close and underneath the light?

INCREASING THC LEVELS WITH UVB LIGHT – MYTH OR REALITY?

Have you ever wondered why potent cannabis strains often originate from landraces that naturally grow in high altitude regions?

There are experts who suspect ultraviolet light, especially a high exposure to UVB wave lengths (280-315nm), to be responsible for an increased THC production. The theory is based on the fact that a high elevation means lesser atmosphere between cannabis plants and the sun, leading to a higher exposure to UV rays.

These ultraviolet wave lenghts knowingly damage our skin, and the human body reacts by producing melanin as protection – a cannabis plant assumingly does something similar – it produces more resin and THC as a form of natural sunscreen.

It is too early to say if we are dealing with a theory or a cost-effective method to grow better cannabis but the concept seems plausible enough for hands-on experiments. UVB bulbs for reptiles only cost a few bucks; perhaps we should give it a try.

Old post but....wondering if tsw2000 lights are damaging to the skin, if i have glasses on working in there with light on, is this okay if im close and underneath the light?
If it ’s only for a while, there is no harm to the skin. TS has only infrared rays and no ultraviolet rays, so rest assured;)

Only problem for you guys MARS Hydro is all UV LEDs on the market are currently only in the 365nm-395nm range which is UV-A light. UV-B light in the 280nm-315nm range is what we need that is proven to increase THC production in cannabis.

This physiological pathway is scientifically understood--UV-B stimulates Phenylalanine and Malonyl-CoA production in cannabis. Malonyl-CoA is the main component for producing Olivtol which is the organic compound responsible for THC production in cannabis.

UV-A light unfortunately, has not been proven to show this same increase in THC production. Also, extended UV exposure to cannabis plants will degrade THC & terpenes, so it needs to be used in a specific, calculated regime, and timing is crucial. For this reason, an additional switch for the UV light must be implemented.

Currently, reptile UV lights and UV-B purposed CFL lights or non-coated Mercury Vapor lamps (less efficient) are the best bet in producing the levels of UV-B light we need.

. Plants grow best under the sun and the better you can mimic the sun the better your plants will be. So I would say yes, UV.

Hey everyone, Mars Hydro Smokesara here! :green_heart:

So I need everyone to do me a favor! Right now as many growers knows, we have two lines of new lights: Mars TS and Mars SP lines, and I just confirmed our Mars SP 250 actually has the UV lights in it. So we are collecting data and might do some improvements on our other lights. Do you think it will be necessary to add the uv lights in our TS series as well? Please feel free to vote, thank you a lot!

best regards,

Sara

Hey Sara,
I am new to growing and i have just purchased a Mars Hydro SP 250. I was wondering if you have any tips for me. I have to little clones and a seedling in its first week. I am using a General Hydroponics with a cal mag and growing in Coco coir.
Happy growing

Hey Sara,
I am new to growing and i have just purchased a Mars Hydro SP 250. I was wondering if you have any tips for me. I have to little clones and a seedling in its first week. I am using a General Hydroponics with a cal mag and growing in Coco coir.
Happy growing

Hello Lilpeacebudz, here are some grow tips. Help it's useful for you. Do you want to know other information?

Back
Top Bottom