Martymcfly's First Grow

stepping up gradually in pot size will give you a better root mass overall, Starting in large pots to begin with for photo period plants is more difficult to judge the moisture in the soil. The top will dry out quickly and the the roots aren't long enough to reach the moisture at the bottom which creates conditions for the risk of root rot. In the case of autos (which you shouldnt ever need a 20 gal for an auto) most people will use a larger pot to reduce stress on the plant from transplanting and in turn get a better yield.

So are you saying I should re-pot? I always do it very gently as to not disturb the root mass. Did I over do it with the 20 gallon buckets, there are lotsa holes in the bottom.

No dont repot. Your pots are big enough. A 20 gallon pot wouldnt ever be rootbound with anything less then 1 year of vegetative growth. The guideline seems to be 1 foot of plant per every gallon of your container. Ive intentionally worked to exceed that with some of my techniques but with what you got you should be fine.

OK, so, once again, I will not be re-potting ... I don't want to muck this up because I've got a ton a school debt and need to pay it off asap, and I've got someone looking to buy large quantities, depending how this first grow goes. He even offered to buy me any equipment I wanted if I would grow for him. I have been buying off of him for a while now and he's low key and just as cautious as I am.

SO, I did go over board with the 20 gallon buckets, you can say it, lol

As promised, here are some pics of the girlies downstairs :headbanger:

TopPicResized1.jpg

CanopyPicFeb2Resized1.jpg

Ok, so here are a few more stats for Day 17 of flowering I think:

Plant#12A grew 5 inches in 4 days about
Plant#6 grew 6 inches
Plant#10 grew 7.5 inches!!

These were the more significant growth numbers but others did well also.

OOPS ... I took off a few unhealthy leaves, as well as a few fan leaves that were getting in the way. I'll wait a few more days then before I remove more.

Thanks as always you come through for me :Namaste:

Hey KJC ... hope all is good ... I see now what you mean by the stretch phase, experiencing it right now, growth has exploded :peace:

5 is bout what to expect really. 7.5 is on the better side though! but its all good if you are training to keep em shorter or are you trying to grow for height?

its not as much of a problem now as the plants are older, But putting a seedling in a 20 gal pot would not be of much help. I was referencing what you were saying about starting them in 20 gallon pots lol

LOL, no they were started in 4 inch pots, actually, 4 of them were started in one of my houseplants, haha ... I'll try to find a pic so you can how pathetic they looked.

So, I have 6 in 20 gallon buckets (one of these conyains 3 plants, a large one and 2 small, about 15 inches)
4 in 10 gallon pots
2 in 5 gallon pots

I'm trying to estimate what my yield will be, I don't know how to calculate it but I counted on one of my smaller plants over 100 cola sites. Can anyone help with a formula or something? They are Jack Herer's Light of Jah.

Thanks

and they look beautiful today btw!

Why, thank you, Shrub ... so much prettier in person though, like I've said so many times.

Going to post pics after lights out with just my regular basement lights on ... I'll be back, as the famous Arnold one said ...

miss yeild is hard to determine but being you have 15 plants i know you will get over a pound seeing the size of the plants im sure each one should yeild 1 to 2 ounces.that should keep you going till the next pull and maybe put a little cash in the pocket.

OK, so I did an experiment today and tested the pH of my tap water ... it was 7.5! So, I figure the problem that I was having was a pH problem so the nutes were being blocked out because I used plain water for flushing for 2 weeks, and when I test my treated water it's 6.5

It just seems like a coincidence, what do you guys think?

some people attach an efficiency factor to how many plants they have like 100 percent efficient your 1000 watt light should yeild 1000grams if everything is dialed in. so him saying 5might mean grams perwatt.So if you were at .5 grams per watt you would yeild a little over an lb.

miss yeild is hard to determine but being you have 15 plants i know you will get over a pound seeing the size of the plants im sure each one should yeild 1 to 2 ounces.that should keep you going till the next pull and maybe put a little cash in the pocket.

Geez, I was hoping for more :(

So here are some pics from the beginning ... don't laugh, I had 1 CFL bulb over them when I started ...

beginning4.jpg

Lankyresized.jpg

Beginningresized.jpg

Beginning5resized.jpg

Beginning3resized.jpg

Beginning2resized.jpg

Amazing how things can change in 3 weeks ...

They are stretching entirely way to much. You need that light right on them. It doesnt seem nearly powerful enough.

Geez, I was hoping for more :(

Some day you will need a freezer converted to a keezer :thumb: Smokin all that up the next thing you know your 500 lbs hitting every car next to you when you open the doors xd j/k It's fun growing- sometimes I wish they could talk. I bet they'd say don't eat me! And keep telling you you like mans ass until you chop them down

Then you'd fall in love with the thai- asian! The Blue Dream white girl! Mexicans everywhere.. You get jumped from behind by the granddaddy.. hmm sounds like a dream had once

Back
Top Bottom