MC's K2 Special Grow Show

LOL... no worries Desde.... The plants don't care.. and I take it as a compliment to be considered one of the guys here... :allgood:

Peace
MC

Hey MC,

Nice grow journal, and thank you for helping me revive my plants, which are doing wonderfully now.

How much and how often do you use the maple syrup? I am assuming you add it to your water right, to feed fungi and bacteria? Does this replace molasses?

Thanks!!

Hi FirstTimer! I'm glad I was able to help. :allgood:

Very good observation about the Maple Syrup. :cheesygrinsmiley: Yes, that is used with every watering to keep the fungi fat 'n happy. 1 fat teaspoon per gallon added to the nutrient mix is how I apply it. It can be used along with molasses without any worry of overfert..

My bottle of molasses had fallen on the floor behind the sink the day I took all the pictures.... LOL ... so it didn't make it into the pic of my supplies.. but I'll be picking some more up today, and I'll post a picture of it so everyone can see what I use.

Peace
MC

Good Question! I'm using real maple syrup, but if the corn syrup kind is all you have available, that should work as well.

What's important is that it be derived from 100% vegetable/plant matter. So maple syrup, sugar beet molasses, corn syrup, brown sugar, raw natural sugar (not white refined) are all good to use.

Juices like grape juice, apple juice, pineapple juice, etc.. can be used but they will change the PH of the water. So unless you have a good PH meter, I would stick to the simple sugars as they have a neutral PH.

Peace
MC

Sounds like sticking with a sucrose sugar is preferable to a fructose, such as fruit juices. Molasses just plain smells nice too :smokin: I put it into my coffee along with brown sugar even though the brown sugar already has molasses in it.

Molasses does smell nice Gorillabuds... I'm going to try it in my coffee now too! Thank you for the suggestion!

If you use stinky organic fertilizers like fish emulsion or Guano teas a little bit of molasses will kill the nasty smell so you don't have to gag when feeding the plants.... LOL....

Or .... if you've ever added blood meal to the soil.... eeeewwwwww... the smell of decomposing meat in a warm room can be..... uuuuummmm.... unique..

Just water in a little bit of molasses and in a day or two the stink will be gone.

Peace
MC

I hear all kinds of bad things about using Miracle Gro but it's all I use so I don't have any sacrificial blood stinking up the grow room :laughtwo: . MC, check out my gallery, it's small still, and you can see the Miracle Gro results, I'll upload a pic of the full grow room cuz all I have now are closeups and a few bud pics. 30 days remaining till they finish...some of them might take another 6 weeks. I ordered an indoor mix from bcseedking so I have everything from 5' tall sativas to 2.5' indica strains up on buckets to reach the lights..lol. Keep up the great threads. I check them for updates daily. That pruple haze just looks awsome even if it's not the most potent stuff. Novelty is fun, too :smokin:

Very nice pics Gorillabuds. I say - If Miracle Grow is working for you, then awesome. Nice and easy.. (and no stink!) Some of the best weed I have ever smoked in my life was grown with nothing but Miracle Grow Tomato Formula....

That Purple Haze was a nice tasting smoke, but not very potent. I've grown enough purples now that I get a bit disappointed if I see buds turning color... Novelty is good... and if I were a dealer, there's no better bag appeal... but my personal preference has swung back to the green end of the MJ spectrum.. LOL...

Peace
MC

Here's the Molasses I picked up last night.. any local grocery store will have some version of it. If Blackstrap is unavailable, then any DARK molasses will work.
blackstrap-molasses.jpg

blackstrap-molasses.jpg

Here's the Nutrition Content - Full of good things for our plants.

nute-content.jpg

nute-content.jpg

Speaking of plants... Here's our young'uns... they are now 11 Days old
11-Days-Old.jpg

11-Days-Old.jpg

They have a case of the uglies at the moment - the substrate mixture was a bit too strong for them.. but thanks to the micro-herd buffering the root zone and breaking down the food for them, they have been able to continue growing rapidly rather than dying from nutrient lockout.

Hi MC,

Thanks for the info on the Molasses. I am very interested in your soil method and I would like to try this with my next round of clones. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very detailed Journal, Thank you and please keep it coming.

FirstTimer.

This is definately one of the better journals I have come across. If this journal goes up into harvest with this much detail it might become the best journal on the site in my opinian.
Keep up the great work MC. I only wish I could help smoke the results lol.

SlimTokka - Thanks man :smokin3: I hear ya on that California move.. We've tossed the idea of moving around a few times, but we just can't stand the idea of living there.. LOL.. We moved away from the West Coast a few years back, and it was the healthiest thing we ever did..

FirstTimer - Glad you're going to give it a try! :Rasta: For clones, they need a much lighter (less fertilized) mix than what I used here. I'd recommend going with Fox Farms Light Warrior, Bio-Bizz Light Mix, or Botaincare ReadyGro and adding some Worm Castings and Kelp Meal for micro-nutrients.

Urdedpal - C'mon man you're making me blush! :bigblush:
But seriously, thank you for the compliments. I want this journal to be as helpful to dirt farmers as your journals are for Hydro folks.

I just hope that the stress these little ones are enduring right now is not going end up in a all-male grow... I kinda have a feeling it might. :hmmmm:

Oh well - if it does, this will become a "How to Select a male for breeding" Journal... LOL..... :smokin:

Peace
MC

I just hope that the stress these little ones are enduring right now is not going end up in a all-male grow... I kinda have a feeling it might.

The stress you're seeing is coming forwards ( in my eyes) because there's not enough moister in the air ! A few times a day spraying them with water ( PH-6.3) will solve your problem.

Stay cool,

So let me make sure I got this right.

This is the mix you would use for clones?
Bio-Bizz Light Mix or Fox Farms Light Warrior or Botaincare ReadyGro
Worm castings (How much?)
Kelp Meal
mychorrizal fungi
Trichoderma Fungi

Leave out the,
Gypsum
Dolomite Lime
Sulfur
Epsom Salt
and Dry Fertilizer.

Thanks for all the info MC,
FirstTimer

SpeesCees - Ahh.. thank you for the feedback. I'll give them a good spray down today. My last crop was harvested early due to a bad Powdery Mildew attack. So this time around I've kept the humidity super low to make sure it doesn't return.

FirstTimer - If you can find it, go with the Botanicare Ready-Grow. It has the mychorrizal fungi & Trichoderma Fungi already added, and the stuff is *impossible* to overwater. But no matter what brand you use - mix in 1 part worm castings, to 3 parts soil-less mix and 1 good handful of kelp meal.

Peace
MC

Hi Mo0n. I use the Balsamic Vinegar as a PH adjuster since it will not change the PPM level of the nutes. And because it's made with concentrated grape juice, it probably has some nutritional value for the plants.

Peace
MC

Back
Top Bottom