Medical Grow

Any suggestions on the two "ladies" in the mini hempy's? when i transplant to the bigger pot should i try separating them? Or just give'm a big pot to both dwell together? Note:This is a pc case grow.

When I transplanted from soil to hempy the roots easily shed most of their soil. So hopefully you can gently separate them when the time comes. I'd think they'd do better with their own space.

Hey Doc,
I'm climbing back in the saddle with a new grow. I haven't grown since the spring. I want to try your hempy bucket method with osmocote but have never done it before. I purchased 10 Northern Lights seeds and the order came with 5 free 'mystery' seeds. I'm germing the NL seeds in rockwool for hydro and the 5 mystery seeds in soil, all popped and are showing the first set of leaves (proud papa).

What should I do next to prepare the soil crop for hempy? Do you have any good resources to which you can refer me?

Thanks,

If the seeds are just in a small cup of soil you can put them right into the hempy buckets. I'd go about it like this:

1.)mix up a nutrient solution and thoroughly water the perlite in the hempy bucket.....get it nice and wet right when you transplant.
2.)take the young plant out of its pot, carefully dip the root ball into a bucket of water and gently shake as much dirt off the root ball as can be done gently....don't tease or tug on the roots, just work the plant back and forth in the water and get the big pieces off.

3.)Plant in the perlite and water 2-3 times a day until the roots hit the bottom. If your roots are already well developed you might only need to water multiple times for a day or two.

Oh....when you make the bucket, put the OC+ charge an inch or two above the drain hole. Work it around the whole medium. Water from the top in only place.....but with enough flow to overcome the drain so the lower half of the bucket fills with water and then "pisses" out the hole for a while when you're done watering.

Any suggestions on the two "ladies" in the mini hempy's? when i transplant to the bigger pot should i try separating them? Or just give'm a big pot to both dwell together? Note:This is a pc case grow.

Try and see if you can separate them very, very gently. If you can't do so without pulling or tugging on roots, or without exposing them to lots of light, I'd just put 'em both in the same pot.

If they can't be separated I wonder what would yield better, the two of them conjoined or just keeping the healthier looking one. I kinda hope they stay together because that would be fun to find out.

Are they femmed seeds? If not maybe one will be a m, that would make the choice much easier.

When I transplanted from soil to hempy the roots easily shed most of their soil. So hopefully you can gently separate them when the time comes. I'd think they'd do better with their own space.

Thanks B-Dawg!!!!

"Try and see if you can separate them very, very gently. If you can't do so without pulling or tugging on roots, or without exposing them to lots of light, I'd just put 'em both in the same pot."

Thanks Doc!!

I think 1 may be a male so im jus gonna wait another few days...to make sure. If it is a male..then it will make the choice much more easier!

Thanks, Doc. Is it best to transplant after the second set of leaves have appeared? I have the babies on 24/7 right now with the first set of leaves.

Go Giants and Prop 19!!!

Thanks, Doc. Is it best to transplant after the second set of leaves have appeared? I have the babies on 24/7 right now with the first set of leaves.

Go Giants and Prop 19!!!

How big of pots are you germinating in?
Also, what sort of grow are you going to do?

I like to wait until there are well established roots before transplanting...but that depends on how big the container is you're growing in.

It's confirmed!!!!! I have a male stalker that disguised himself as an old college buddy, only to try to persuade his classmate into some "adult" action near the bleachers by the gym.

Permission granted Doc, i'll post a pic of the slickster.
I think the ex-roomate is possibly a female. No "cluster" at the petiole (crotch). Just a what appears to be a calyx/pistillate. Also they are both from the same bag. Quite diff.
SSPX08051.jpg

another "no-no" spot shot.https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/pen_pointer.jpg

Fellas,(ladies too) help me here...when should i take him out?. When i do I'm going to transplant the roomie into HER final home. I've read...it can take up to 2-3 weeks b4 males become mature enough to drop their pollen. i definitely don't want to keep him in there perving on the roommate unbeknown-st to her all the while tyring to choke her for root space. looks like it's already happening..HER bottom leaves are yellowing (first true set)

If they can't be separated I wonder what would yield better, the two of them conjoined or just keeping the healthier looking one. I kinda hope they stay together because that would be fun to find out.

Are they femmed seeds? If not maybe one will be a m, that would make the choice much easier.

nah, not fem'd seeds. i kinda was wishing they were gonna both turn out to be female.just to see how they would do also. wanted to see how they'd do scrog in the standard sized pc case. Still can't believe 21 days from seeds and HE showed up!.

"keep it green , & keep it toking"

Just wanted to stop by and give a big thanks! :cool:

Both you Doc and SS have had a huge influence over my current grow setup. I have read your journals religiously and have finally started my first grow (no journal).

4 plants (2 Diablo OG and 2 Larry OG), 250 CMH, all perlite hempy, dynamite (red bottle), with modular scrogs.

I will continue following your threads as the discussion and advice being thrown around is always top notch.

Much respect.
:peacetwo:

I learned my lesson the hard way, I'd chop the male now. Is there a reason you want to transplant when you chop him?

Yes, I'm just gonna transplant the roommate into a bigger pot( more circumference) yet still the same size as the mini hempy 6". don't have much vertical space in this pc case. I kinda wanted to keep the male around as a house plant far far away from my others.but. The transference of pollen onto visitors clothe's being whisked around the house ai, I'm not so sure of. I kinda wanted to learn as much as possible from him. But i don't wanna take the risk of cross pollination accidently. So. Chop and transfer today?

Doc, any updates on this grow?

Oh , and B-dawg,

I'm not sure if i can chop him and leave the roommate in the same cup. Won't his roots continue to strangle her? I really have no idea if that's the way to go. So, should i just try as Setting Sun says...and run em under warm water and try to separate the two, then toss HIM away? All comments, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

If you chop him, the leftover roots will just wither and die off. The concern in hydro is whether the remaining decaying organic matter will mess with your PH down the line, but it probably won't.

Hey SS!!!!. Ok....so no need to do any transplanting now. Whew what a relief. i can just behead him eh? Chop him down at the stalk close to the dirt eh?

Update.....no pics.

buds are larger and frostier.

I've got a bonafide magnesium deficiency that is running rampant in 2 of the Trainwrecks that are in the organic soil with coco on top.

The problem is not easy to fix! Of course I've watered with epsom salt, and foliar fed with epsom twice and cal/mag once.

I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I checked the upper soil pH and it's within spec.....about 6.8. I don't know what's happening down below where all the organic matter lives, but i suspect it's acidic down there.

Buds are still forming, but if the deficiency continues there is going to be serious trouble with these plants.

So....I added some more OC+ and some dolomite lime and flushed the hell out of them with RO. I'm going to keep watering them monsoon style with RO and a bit of cal/mag, making sure the water is about 6 ish.

My theory is that the slightly acid water will activate the lime, keep the soil in the zone and hopefully get these girls some much needed magnesium!

Everything else is growing great, especially the plants in good old FFOF and OC+. I amended those with gypsum, epsom and borax, as some of you might recall. They are just growing great!

The Blackberry Kush are also in the organic soil and they are showing mild magnesium deficiencies....probably not enough to worry about.

Note to self:

next grow

FFOF, amended with organic compost, pre-plant mix and 3/4 dose of OC+. I'm going to "feed" these with an organic fertilizer of some sort.

I simply won't tolerate these deficiencies! There is no excuse!

So, it's obvious that I've still got plenty to learn about organic gardening! I'll probably laugh at myself in a year.

Not to worry, buds are still growing....the pictures are gonna look real good. The smoke is also going to be real good......but I'm not going to tolerate this type of thing in my garden again!

Back
Top Bottom