Medical Grow

Hey guys I need some help if possible..here's the story.

So I picked up 4 clones( 2 larry og, 2 diablo og) from the dispensary on Sunday 10/24 and they were looking real healthy, already rooted, about 7-8". They were in rockwool cubes so I put them in red plastic cups with 100% perlite (mini hempy cups) and added some Dynamite (red bottle) a bit above the hole and some at the top. I ph'd the water to about 6.0 and added some superthrive, hygrozyme, h2o2, and silica. The perlite was pre treated with this and I also watered them with this the first day.

Since the transplant the clones have began to wilt/droop and two of the plants (larry og) have leaves that are curling up..almost like the claw. The next day, yesterday, I went home at lunch and watered the plants again (cups felt light). I only watered them with 6.0 phd water.

Woke up this morning and they are still drooping, any insight? Is this normal for hempy until the roots hit the res? I feel like I might be overwatering, though I have read to water the base of the plant at least once a day while the root searches for the res.

Some facts that may help...

-Vegging under 250w CMH about 18" from the tops.
-temps are low 80's with about 40% RH
-plenty of air circulation with fans going
-18/6 Light cycle.
-50/50 RO and tap

Any thoughts/ideas from the hempy, trf masters?

V3_001_1.JPG

:peacetwo:

Marley

Wow Doc, lookin' good :thumb:

I know you're cutting back on the photo journaling, but I would love to see what your mag deficiency looks like.

You know I've got well water too, and the TA heads up you gave me has saved my other plants, but the scrog never fully recovered :good luck:

Wells are usually deep, and the aquifers that feed them don't usually come from near by. If rain effects your well, you hope it's from rain in the mountains LOL

Rain water turns into ground water, and you don't want nearby ground water in your well. I think you're right on track with a rain collection system, especially if the RO system is running off well water. It ought to be softened before ROing, and pressure needs to be at least 60lbs... more frikken gizmos .

From here, it looks like you're gonna get a respectable harvest even if you give them 5hr energy drinks :thumb:

:peace:

Hey guys I need some help if possible..here's the story.

So I picked up 4 clones( 2 larry og, 2 diablo og) from the dispensary on Sunday 10/24 and they were looking real healthy, already rooted, about 7-8". They were in rockwool cubes so I put them in red plastic cups with 100% perlite (mini hempy cups) and added some Dynamite (red bottle) a bit above the hole and some at the top. I ph'd the water to about 6.0 and added some superthrive, hygrozyme, h2o2, and silica. The perlite was pre treated with this and I also watered them with this the first day.

Since the transplant the clones have began to wilt/droop and two of the plants (larry og) have leaves that are curling up..almost like the claw. The next day, yesterday, I went home at lunch and watered the plants again (cups felt light). I only watered them with 6.0 phd water.

Woke up this morning and they are still drooping, any insight? Is this normal for hempy until the roots hit the res? I feel like I might be overwatering, though I have read to water the base of the plant at least once a day while the root searches for the res.

Some facts that may help...

-Vegging under 250w CMH about 18" from the tops.
-temps are low 80's with about 40% RH
-plenty of air circulation with fans going
-18/6 Light cycle.
-50/50 RO and tap

Any thoughts/ideas from the hempy, trf masters?

V3_001_1.JPG

Marley

You need to water those 2-3 times a day till the roots are established. It's normal for a bit of wilting till they get dialed in.

You need to water those 2-3 times a day till the roots are established. It's normal for a bit of wilting till they get dialed in.

Hey Doc, thank you for the reply.

I went home last night and tested the runoff, it was coming out at 6.5...so I flushed them all until it was at about 5.8-5.9. I'm hoping that was part of the problem and the correction will help some (keepin fingers crossed).

This morning they were still droopy, perhaps even a bit worse then yesterday so I gave them some water just before I headed to work.

How long do they usually take to hit the res in the mini hempys?

Hope everything is looking good with your grow, can't wait to see the next pic update! I'll be lurking..:Rasta:

Marley

Oh...these are mini hempies?
After a couple days the roots should be at the bottom.

It might be time to transplant.

I'll take some pics today, during the dark cycle and post them tonite.
Lot's of buds.....a couple problems. Not bad for a brand new grow room, however.

K this worries me a bit. When I first got the clones they were perky and healthy, I put them in mini hempy cups on Sunday afternoon and they began to wilt within the first few hours-they have never recovered..

I figured if they hit the res they would perk back up and it would be 'fairly obvious' that they hit it..

I was planning on transplanting either this weekend, or shortly after..but it appears to me they aren't ready because they are still very droopy.

All sorts of confused now, damn overthinking everything brain. :bitingnails:

Marley

K this worries me a bit. When I first got the clones they were perky and healthy, I put them in mini hempy cups on Sunday afternoon and they began to wilt within the first few hours-they have never recovered..

I figured if they hit the res they would perk back up and it would be 'fairly obvious' that they hit it..

I was planning on transplanting either this weekend, or shortly after..but it appears to me they aren't ready because they are still very droopy.

All sorts of confused now, damn overthinking everything brain. :bitingnails:

Marley

Marley someone on here, I forget who, put clones directly into mini-hempies and they rooted just fine. So I don't think that's the problem. How often are you watering?

You could try very gently sliding one out of it's cup to see what's going on with the roots. If the perlite ball holds together you have good roots, otherwise you don't. Just gently squeeze around the cup, turn it just a little upside down and she'll slide right out. Be prepared to catch loose stuff that will fall. You'll also get a good look at how wet the perlite is. It would be better to overwater than underwater imo. The excess will just run out the hole.

Those plants are way too big for those small cups! You need to get 'em into full sized buckets....they need more root mass.

Don't worry, you'll be OK.....just transplant as soon as you can.

You may have some algae on the roots.....I recommend mixing up a bucket of H202 solution and dipping the root ball in when you transplant. I've used drugstore peroxide and mixed it about 4:1 water/peroxide with good results.

Marley someone on here, I forget who, put clones directly into mini-hempies and they rooted just fine. So I don't think that's the problem. How often are you watering?

You could try very gently sliding one out of it's cup to see what's going on with the roots. If the perlite ball holds together you have good roots, otherwise you don't. Just gently squeeze around the cup, turn it just a little upside down and she'll slide right out. Be prepared to catch loose stuff that will fall. You'll also get a good look at how wet the perlite is. It would be better to overwater than underwater imo. The excess will just run out the hole.

Well the clones were already rooted in rockwool when I bought them. 3 out of the 4 had a bunch of roots dangling from out of the rockwool. I transplanted them to mini hempys right when I got home. I may check the rootball and see if it is forming at all in these cups.

I'm afraid they are gonna droop until they die. I have been watering about once a day, probably more like once every 18 hours. I did feed them again this morning though before I left for work and will prob give them some more tonight.

My only concern with watering them more is the rockwool doesn't seem to be drying out, the perlite does but the rockwool is constantly damp. (scared of rot/mold)

You research for months and months and then are hit with something right away that you can't figure out! Great learning experience though, thanks all for your help and support.

Marley

Those plants are way too big for those small cups! You need to get 'em into full sized buckets....they need more root mass.

Don't worry, you'll be OK.....just transplant as soon as you can.

You may have some algae on the roots.....I recommend mixing up a bucket of H202 solution and dipping the root ball in when you transplant. I've used drugstore peroxide and mixed it about 4:1 water/peroxide with good results.

Ok will do.

I have been using some h2o2 for watering and did use some for the first transplant and will make sure to use it again for the final transplant.

:Rasta: Thanks a bunch for the suggestions Doc :Rasta:

Marley

Well the clones were already rooted in rockwool when I bought them. 3 out of the 4 had a bunch of roots dangling from out of the rockwool. I transplanted them to mini hempys right when I got home. I may check the rootball and see if it is forming at all in these cups.

I'm afraid they are gonna droop until they die. I have been watering about once a day, probably more like once every 18 hours. I did feed them again this morning though before I left for work and will prob give them some more tonight.

My only concern with watering them more is the rockwool doesn't seem to be drying out, the perlite does but the rockwool is constantly damp. (scared of rot/mold)

You research for months and months and then are hit with something right away that you can't figure out! Great learning experience though, thanks all for your help and support.

Marley

Marley15, I had some larger imported clones that I transplanted into mini hempies and about 10 days later transplanted into buckets. They looked a little droopy through most of their time in mini hempies and when first in the buckets. They didn't really perk up until the roots hit the res in the buckets. My memory is that they looked even droopier than the ones in your picture. The leaves were still healthy so I didn't worry about it.

I figured the problem had to do with the fact that they were changing through multiple enviroments. They were initially on big plants and used to a certain light and nute level. Then they got chopped off into clones and a whole new enviroment. they passed through a couple of hands and ended up at my door step. Took some time to adjust.

I also considered that they needed time for the clone root system to grow into supporting the larger fan leaves that had been developed on the original larger plant mother plant.

Some of the big fan leaves they came with never adjusted and required pruning but all the new growth was fine.

All the plants are now happy in their hempy buckets. Just over two weeks in the whole process.

Marley15, I had some larger imported clones that I transplanted into mini hempies and about 10 days later transplanted into buckets. They looked a little droopy through most of their time in mini hempies and when first in the buckets. They didn't really perk up until the roots hit the res in the buckets. My memory is that they looked even droopier than the ones in your picture. The leaves were still healthy so I didn't worry about it.

I figured the problem had to do with the fact that they were changing through multiple enviroments. They were initially on big plants and used to a certain light and nute level. Then they got chopped off into clones and a whole new enviroment. they passed through a couple of hands and ended up at my door step. Took some time to adjust.

I also considered that they needed time for the clone root system to grow into supporting the larger fan leaves that had been developed on the original larger plant mother plant.

Some of the big fan leaves they came with never adjusted and required pruning but all the new growth was fine.

All the plants are now happy in their hempy buckets. Just over two weeks in the whole process.

Thanks TT that gives me a little reassurance.

I just checked out your journal and things are looking really good. Seems like a lot of people going vertical. Can't wait to see how that CMH performs in flowering, still on the fence if I wanna use mine or not during after the switch.

I think the mini hempys with some soil on top is the way to go. I shoulda taken Docs advice to begin with, even with the dm sprinkled around, I don't feel the ladies are getting what they need right now.

Marley

Back
Top Bottom