Medical Grow

Thanks for the replies. :Rasta:

I ended up grabbing some Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid. Seems like it should be ok, the plants weren't dead this morning! Things seem to be slowly turning around in the grow room, slowly getting under control (I think).

Glad to hear about the mites, when in doubt just add more NPS!

:peacetwo:

Marley

thanks to both of you! And everyone else who has visited this thread!

They're all finishing up together....which is going to become a trim nightmare.

Here's an observation:

I "think" that using OC+ prolongs flowering time a week or two. I say"think" because I don't know, it just seems that way.

OG Kush- supposed to go 70 days. Triches are clear still 2 weeks to go.
Jack Herer- pretty much the same

that's expected.

But the Blackberry kush.....that should have a flowering time that's shorter, right? I haven't been able to find much on it....but the nugs feel like charcoal briquettes, and they're frosty as hell.....but the triches are mostly clear with some cloudy!

The plants are green, so the buds keep swelling. Interesting.

I'm beginning the think the OC+ is the perfect nutrient for growing 12/12. The buds form....and they keep getting bigger and more resinous, but the triches don't mature as fast as you'd think they would.

I'm not saying this is for sure happening.....there are some things about my theory that don't add up....but it does make me wonder. I'll get more pics this week. It's a cola-rama in there. Everything's falling over, getting fat and frosty.

thanks to both of you! And everyone else who has visited this thread!

They're all finishing up together....which is going to become a trim nightmare.

Here's an observation:

I "think" that using OC+ prolongs flowering time a week or two. I say"think" because I don't know, it just seems that way.

OG Kush- supposed to go 70 days. Triches are clear still 2 weeks to go.
Jack Herer- pretty much the same

that's expected.

But the Blackberry kush.....that should have a flowering time that's shorter, right? I haven't been able to find much on it....but the nugs feel like charcoal briquettes, and they're frosty as hell.....but the triches are mostly clear with some cloudy!

The plants are green, so the buds keep swelling. Interesting.

I'm beginning the think the OC+ is the perfect nutrient for growing 12/12. The buds form....and they keep getting bigger and more resinous, but the triches don't mature as fast as you'd think they would.

I'm not saying this is for sure happening.....there are some things about my theory that don't add up....but it does make me wonder. I'll get more pics this week. It's a cola-rama in there. Everything's falling over, getting fat and frosty.

i think its true! my girls are taking forever to ripen, they just keep adding frost and weight. witch is good, but i think all the other stuff ive used in the past just put them into super ripen mode and probably made me lose yield.

i think its true! my girls are taking forever to ripen, they just keep adding frost and weight. witch is good, but i think all the other stuff ive used in the past just put them into super ripen mode and probably made me lose yield.

I've not had any excessive heat on this grow, so I know the nutrient release hasn't been nitrogen heavy enough to inhibit flower. Pistil formation began right away, trichomes right on target...the buds are dense and well formed....but they keep getting bigger! And, they're not going amber at all.

I dunno.

Thanks for the observations on the OC+.

I sure wouldn't mind waiting an extra week or two if the buds continue to swell and get frosty.

Ditto that. If, and I'll say it again....IF these observations are correct, as far as I'm concerned going 12/12 is the perfect option.

That's where I'm headed on the next cycle....a mere 2-3 weeks from now.

Day 56:

Mites are all dead. I just needed more NPS's. They're teets up.
I've also lowered temps at night to about 62 degrees, as well as decreasing the humidity a bit, now that I'm not dealing with mites anymore. This, in combination with my "monsoon" watering technique has caused a general color change in the garden, with the OC+ plants getting a bit yellow, and the organic soil plants getting purple and other interesting colors.

Buds continue to swell and frost up. The low temps seem to really pack on the resin. The smell is deliciously strong, far more than anything I've grown before.

Here are some shots of the OC+ section of the garden, which is falling over. We've got more than 60 colas that measure longer than one foot, and probably double that in the 4-8 inch range. It's out of control. I trimmed a lower "popcorn" bud and examined it closely. Clear and cloudy. We've got time to go!

The OG Kush department:
IMG_12474.JPG

IMG_12466.JPG

The Jack Herer section. They're all bent over. Best calyx to leaf ratio I've ever had on a grow. Trimming is going to be fairly easy on the Jacks and OG's. The trainwrecks are going to be a PITA!
IMG_12453.JPG

IMG_12434.JPG

Trainwrecks in the foreground. Everything pretty much 5 feet tall in these pics.
IMG_12445.JPG

This is pretty much the OC+ sampling. The trainwrecks are in organic soil, but I had to add OC+ about a month ago. They've gotten better since then and are poised to explode....finally. Probably about a month to go on them.

Next post we'll look at the organic section and some nug shots.

wow!

I wish I could touch, taste, and smell!

delicious looking buds bro, nice job!

Thanks bro! Today was especially inspirational for me:

Lowering temps basically turns off OC+, much the same way that high temps causes it to dump more nutes. The high temp part bothered me at first....seemed like a weakness in the fert....but then it dawned on me:

Given the ability to control the environment, OC+ can be "flushed." Just turn down the temps! My plants are yellowing, now that the temps are down at night. I'm flushing via temperature.

I can turn up the temps if I want, or turn them down.....depends on what I want to happen. OC+ does not need to be flushed, there's no huge buildup of salts.....but what if I could really do a flush? What would that do to the taste?

Well, we're gonna find out. I've only got 2 weeks or so to go, before chopping 'em. We're gonna let 'em yellow out, go purple, whatever happens. Normally, I'd keep them green, but I'm really liking how the resin packs on right now. Yield may suffer.....but if you'll recall, I was going for taste on this run. "Reputation building weed," was the term I used.

It's looking good!

High Doc, the Blackberry is a beautiful plant, regardless of it's purpose ;)

I've got a Jack just waiting for the right bulb, I only hope it ends up looking half as nice as yours.

Tight grow, bro :bravo:

:peace:

High Doc, the Blackberry is a beautiful plant, regardless of it's purpose ;)

I've got a Jack just waiting for the right bulb, I only hope it ends up looking half as nice as yours.

Tight grow, bro :bravo:

:peace:

After seeing what you grow, I'm certain your Jack will be at least as good as mine.

I think next run I'm going to kick it up a notch or two...but I don't know if I'll grow the Jack again or not. Clones irritate me. We'll have to see what the finished product looks like.

Doc,
I just want you to know how much the work you and guys like setting sun do on these journals is appreciated by this community, mistakes and all.

I hope that the next time 'legalization' comes around that it will be better organized and that the intelligence that lurks in the shadows of cannabis culture will be extracted and synthesized into a compelling argument in favor of reclassifying marijuana from a schedule 1 controlled substance into something more legally benign. (Side rant, sorry.)

Jeffrey Miron wrote an excellent article for CNN about why Prop 19 failed.

Thanks again for all your efforts. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom