MGD420 Grow Journal: Jan 2022

When I was looking for seeds I noticed alot I saw was 60-79 days might well have photos why I didn't get any autos

I was thinking the same thing. Autos are generally suppost to be fast growing. I have heard of some strains that take longer sometimes as long as photoperiods. I guess I'll know how long once they're ready to harvest. I'm sure my other barneys farm autos took around 90+ days from seed to harvest.

I was thinking the same thing. Autos are generally suppost to be fast growing. I have heard of some strains that take longer sometimes as long as photoperiods. I guess I'll know how long once they're ready to harvest. I'm sure my other barneys farm autos took around 90+ days from seed to harvest.
Well truthfully auto just means auto flowering which it intended for people not to change light schedule. Only reason they started making them. People can put them in a tent and leave light alone

Here's my collection. The San Fernando Lemon Kush has gone but I've just added the Platinum Cookies and Godfather OG to the collection.
Seems I've accumulated quite a selection of seeds now. Not sure how I'm going to choose one photoperiod to do.

Photoperiod seeds

Girl Scout Cookies
OG Kush
Wedding Cake
Stardawg
Zkittlez
Amnesia Kush
Dos-Si-Dos
Northern Lights
Critical Mass
Gorilla Glue
Hawaii Maui Waui
San Fernando Lemon Kush
Cream Mandarine
Jack Herrer

Auto seeds

Pineapple Express
Six Shooter
Skywalker Haze
Power Plant
White Widow
Pineapple Gum
AK
Blueberry
Kritic
Pink Grapefruit
Posted in wrong thread. :rofl:

Well truthfully auto just means auto flowering which it intended for people not to change light schedule. Only reason they started making them. People can put them in a tent and leave light alone

Part of the whole hype that was behind autoflowers in the first place. They were fast growing strains that didn't rely on a dark/light cycle.
Other than the speed in which most autos grow enabling faster harvest times , I personally don't see any benefits over cost of running lights constantly on a schedule of 16 hours upwards of 24 over a photoperiod light schedule.

Most likely the reason most people grow auto's is seed to harvest times not light schedule.

:ciao: MGD420! @Carcass and I were indeed having a discussion about auto plants vegging longer than the 19-21 days lately. Your gal looks like she is in flower to me. There are several pistils and she is starting to get uneven nodes (ie staggered) which I’ve heard is a sign of sexual maturity. She’s gonna be a beast! :cheesygrinsmiley: I had two auto flowering plants this summer that didn’t go into flower until I put them outside and the daylight turned to 12/12. They were “fauxtos”. Good luck!

Part of the whole hype that was behind autoflowers in the first place. They were fast growing strains that didn't rely on a dark/light cycle.
Other than the speed in which most autos grow enabling faster harvest times , I personally don't see any benefits over cost of running lights constantly on a schedule of 16 hours upwards of 24 over a photoperiod light schedule.

Most likely the reason most people grow auto's is seed to harvest times not light schedule.
Used to be like that but dam what's the point if both plants take 60-79 days flowering

:ciao: MGD420! @Carcass and I were indeed having a discussion about auto plants vegging longer than the 19-21 days lately. Your gal looks like she is in flower to me. There are several pistils and she is starting to get uneven nodes (ie staggered) which I’ve heard is a sign of sexual maturity. She’s gonna be a beast! :cheesygrinsmiley: I had two auto flowering plants this summer that didn’t go into flower until I put them outside and the daylight turned to 12/12. They were “fauxtos”. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Boowho2. It's greatly appreciated.
I definitely noticed a couple of pistils, on the plants just nothing significant which by now most auto's would have.
The last barneys farm auto's I grew I'm positive went past 90 days but I'm sure started flower earlier, just took longer for the buds to fully mature.
Again I've heard of flipping to 12/12 with auto's as you would photoperiods due to some apparent genetic defect or trait where the plant carries more photo than auto genes.
Not sure how true this is or if its nonsense hence why I wanted to ask here first.

Used to be like that but dam what's the point if both plants take 60-79 days flowering

I'm not sure if thats seed to harvest times. They definitely put it down as flower on their website but if going by what others have said on growdiaries it takes roughly 12 to 13 weeks, basicly 3 months but the majority of those LSD autos all flowered around week 4 - 5.

Definitely going to have to get my sparky mate up to have a look at the meter then lol

I'm not sure if thats seed to harvest times. They definitely put it down as flower on their website but if going by what others have said on growdiaries it takes roughly 12 to 13 weeks, basicly 3 months but the majority of those LSD autos all flowered around week 4 - 5.

Definitely going to have to get my sparky mate up to have a look at the meter then lol
I never bought autos . Just didn't seem to be worth it. If you top. Or LST them flux whatever just limit your growth of the plant before it jumps into flowering on its own . I got plants now. That only ft tall. Cause if that same thing.. total hieght is 18 inches. And I topped them 3-4 times just made them smaller.. Joe had same plant and he only topped once. And his is way bigger than mine. It's definitely a catch 22 whatever you do or buy

BTW I'm not actually contemplating on rigging my meter. It really is only a joke. Just incase some people thing I'm genuinely being serious :laughtwo: Free electricity would be nice though
There is a provider in my area that has a “nights free plan”. From 9-9 electricity’s free. Last summer my electric bill was around 60$ per month. Basically all grow related but not too bad.

NTH

There is a provider in my area that has a “nights free plan”. From 9-9 electricity’s free. Last summer my electric bill was around 60$ per month. Basically all grow related but not too bad.

NTH
Holly crap. Mine like 280-340 month.

I never bought autos . Just didn't seem to be worth it. If you top. Or LST them flux whatever just limit your growth of the plant before it jumps into flowering on its own . I got plants now. That only ft tall. Cause if that same thing.. total hieght is 18 inches. And I topped them 3-4 times just made them smaller.. Joe had same plant and he only topped once. And his is way bigger than mine. It's definitely a catch 22 whatever you do or buy

I've had good results with LST, supercropping, defoliation etc. I haven't tried fimming or topping yet but I'll get around to it at some point. I never done LST on these plants early on as they were obviously a bit worse for wear so just let them be to try recover faster.
One thing I can say about autos, when shit goes wrong it can go wrong fast and because they flower automatically unlike photos it can sometimes make or break what could have been an otherwise good grow.

I've had good results with LST, supercropping, defoliation etc. I haven't tried fimming or topping yet but I'll get around to it at some point. I never done LST on these plants early on as they were obviously a bit worse for wear so just let them be to try recover faster.
One thing I can say about autos, when shit goes wrong it can go wrong fast and because they flower automatically unlike photos it can sometimes make or break what could have been an otherwise good grow.
Not much I've screwed up on these plants. Took me long time get sht down to science with what I use . Keep it simple seems to be best to be honest.

I've not flipped the lights to 12/12 on an auto before, but it doesn't seem like it would be an issue?

It's not something I've done either. I'm guessing other than impact over-all yield I don't think it would cause any other issues either but what do I know, I'm new to most of this. It's why my journals generally turn into a plethora of questions throughout.
I've just read of people doing it. Whether their plants were actually photos mistaken for autos or coincidentally due to go into flower anyway when they flipped or genuinely had some sort of genetic problem.

NTH

Would be great for photoperiod grows. Unfortunately nothings free here at least when it comes to things like electricity. They like to try squeeze every last penny out of people.

Back
Top Bottom