Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Thanks, 1st grow. I was warned by local shop to attack beforehand but just like buying a $39 duct booster fan to cool your 1000watt HPS bulb you learn the hard way. At least I did not have webbing.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015
What is the humidity in the room? Iv never had problems with bugs but I read that Spider mites lIke low humidity. The extra air flow keeping the light cool could also be blowing all your humidity out of the tent. I'm no pro tho..

Thanks miller and jahmedicine for the support there! Justalittle, I have heard that about dimming fans and messing up lifespan of them, well you know what I sure hope not, I got a 5 year warranty anyways for the 5 but I do know I better not have spent $200 on this damn Dan and not be able to control how much air it blows haha ;) ;)

I totally understand. Just make sure you hang on to your warranty papers and have a back up if that thing fails. Losing an output fan is just as bad as having a bulb go out and not having a back up. I'm sure you have that covered though. Hope your grow is going well.:thumb:

So, holy crap I see bugs again. I have heard of some of the more experienced growers going 4 months or more bug free. Very nice. Us first time growers are not that lucky. Well I would not call it luck, it takes hard work to stay bug free which us new guys are unlucky. First, I thought the damage done by the mites on the leaves looked cool in the HPS an almost frost like look. I know what it looks like now, as well as thrips (not yet) but I know the different shapes of the bites on the leaves and how/when to spray. I now also have learned how to look at plants so when I look at posts I'm zooming in on leaves and other details I was not catching before it happen'ed to my grow.

Here are a few Cinex and GSC that I took tonight.

GSC does not want to grow on its stalks like other plants. Cinex is very dense and large with lots of sites while GSC is rock buds but lots of stem and leaf (nicely frosted). I might just use the lady bug spray instead of another bomb today when I get up tonight.

Millertm

So update time. Its been a long pull for this grow, I am amazed out how hard it is to be successful at doing a good job at taking plants to fruit. Two bombs later and I will see if running tent temps at 70F will get me to the end of this grow. I have heard that once you have damage on you leaves from these mites or thrips your leaves are not able to pull water or anything up from the roots. I guess your leaves are like sealed vacuum pumps and when they are popped they no longer are able to pull anything. Therefore, if you lose any leafs in battle, pull them. I will update with pix soon, I need to walk the dog and medicate myself.

Millertm

Pix time

Last two are HPS off pix. Have a good X-mas all.

Millertm

Such beautiful frosty plants. Pity about the issues you've been having, but you are still going to have some killer smoke soon.

I'm hoping it's not mildew. Ha, thanks. I got a drying rack and I am ready to cun if needed. My cut date us the 30th or 8, more days to get 60 days of flower. GSC will be a few weeks early since it's a 10 week flower. Oh well, this won't happen again if I can help it by using what I learned this run.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Back
Top Bottom