Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Older growers will dunk their plants during veg ever two weeks. Cover the dirt with a towel and submerge them completely. If you are pet free and have very clean house you might be ok. If you have pets then that is a probably source for mites. I will need to flee bomb (way cheaper then pyrethrum) but they will kill plants. Then I need to keep my plants small enough to keep access to tent and not have them touching or crowd the area. Pest control is more important then growing. It takes just about 6 weeks for mites to take down your grow if they get started from one. If you have a old colony from last grow it will take far less time before you see webbing. These guys rip your leaves apart and will cause your plant to die. Once your leaves have holes in them they will no longer be able to pull water up its stalk because it's vacuum seal is broken. It (the leaf), will decay and could start a mold or mildew issue. It's like pulling all your leaves off you plant. Trips will do the same thing, leaf miners are death to a grow room. I'm just saying with all that to loose why take a chance. I'm letting my girls go as far as they will but I'm sure it will not be as far as they want. Leaves are still very green even though it's been almost 10 days since last feeding. Once you see yellowing and spots on your leaves you are on the downside of your grow. By my leaves, I could run another month to let my fruit ripen.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Timber, tent is now in dry mode. I'll update with pix later. Came home and tent still had bugs. Not as bad as before but I'm not spraying anymore. Glad I did not see any webbing on my plants. Tent flipped at 11/4 and 60 days would have been 12/30. Close enough to cut or loose to bugs if I push it and keep spraying daily. Merry Christmas All.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Not up to date, sorry if this is old or useless info..... If you can, hold your pot upside down and shake them off..... Lol..... No, Christmas drinks..... Hold your plant upside down under the shower and wash them/blast them off....

Not up to date, sorry if this is old or useless info..... If you can, hold your pot upside down and shake them off..... Lol..... No, Christmas drinks..... Hold your plant upside down under the shower and wash them/blast them off....
Thanks, I got most off with 2 bombs 3 days apart. I then used SNS-217, 3 days later. Then cut 2 days after that. That got me another week of tent use to help fatten up things. I cut at 54 or 55 days but if I tried to get those 5 or six days bugs would have been everywhere and I would have had webbing on fan leaves. I cut at the best time without any viable webs or bugs. I did loose about 35% of my grow to immuture buds. I could have dried them anyway but I had too much product for my drying rack anyway. They were low hanging buds and my tent was crowded so light was far to filtered to mature them. Next grow will be much more controlled. Thanks for your input as I have much to learn.

Merry Christmas to all. Well this has been a new experience since I have never grown much of anything in my life. I never had any reason to use a HID light ballast or duct anything before so I have learned quite a few new tricks. I also never fought Mites or even knew what to look for when your under attack. All in All, this was fun and I do believe I will repeat this process but I am going to go soil-less by using FF's COCO LOCO in a Hempty bucket. Well I was forced to cut a few days early and I had to toss out at least 30%, due to cutting before its time.

Here is what spider mites can do to your grow. Burnt leaves will take down any grow and here are a few pix of the underside of your grow.

These guys are good at their job which is leaf mining.

Here is a bonus plant that I have grown from seed that I found in a bag back in the day. Seed was over 10 years old. This plant was by far the most mature and was mostly one cola. It filled up one 24" round drying tray. It also was turning its leaves purple and could have used maybe another week.

These two buds were cola that I should have left on the stalk but live and learn.

Plant was almost size of baking tray.

So, on to the girl scout and Cinex. It was a shame to cut now but experience extracts a high price for the unlearned.

I did not get Cinex shots due to cutting first and then thinking that I should have got some Pix. I will post the dried pix and weight when its ready. I think the curing process could start as early as Wednesday and I still need to get the mason jars.

Millertm

Eh, bonus plant smoke is great. 3 days of drying with stems bending but not dry yet. Not harsh or grassy tasting and boy does it work. No strain to list due to it being found in a baggie. Cinex put me on my ass but still a bit grassy. It is a little immuture but I'll see if it cures to a better taste. Girl scout has not been tried yet but it will happen.

Millertm

Back
Top Bottom