Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2016

Re: Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2

Fuck, I think ive been doing some noob mistake again. Never realized what exactly light leak is and after actually googling it, and found some read on it, i have actually done a disservice to my ladies.
So basically, so far only like maybe max 5 times, i have been going to my grow site and checking on my ladies during night period. Yep, you guessed that right. I fucking blew them with these bright lights. One or two times i even spent like almost an hour gazing at them with their lights on and i just did it again. I swear that was the last time i did that stupid action. Please experts tell me how bad this could be.
Otber than that, in the surrounding environment there are some bright streetlights and ive read they could also mean problem. I already covered my grow site since long with greenhouse uv sheets but those were meant to prevent anyone to have a clear look and also lessen the heat from direct sunlight (once again, it is a makeshift greenhouse). Do you think other than my own stupidity, which could be massive problem already, could this kind of light leak mess with my grow? Im gonna post some pics I just took just now.
Shit shit shit. I cant believe ive been so stupid. I blew them with this much light!!!
420-magazine-mobile434615467.jpg

420-magazine-mobile657937708.jpg

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2

O dont think you have done any harm..they are beautiful.. at flower it might have been more problem

These are the pics of the lights around my grow site. The camera might have amplified it a bit, but hopefully it is enough to give judgement on my light leak situation.
The only consolation for my sanity regarding my stupidity i can think of is that when i did mess up my ladies night time, it was only max half an hour after the lights went off. Sometimes maybe just seconds away because i had not finished gazing at them haha (wtf are you laughing for really, you retard). I hope it was eventually no biggie...fuck my ignorance...fuck fuck fuck
420-magazine-mobile612661817.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1294135709.jpg

My ladies do not get exposed directly since they are behind walls, but as you can see the walls are only covering half of the height, that is why there are these openings in the first place.

Next pics are the moonlight situation. The first pic is from the broken section of the roof which i covered with uv sheet and the second pic is the actual sky pic
420-magazine-mobile1029340646.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1268073955.jpg

Like I said in my previous post... no need to hand out ban hammer for ya' :)

Really? O AngryBird my buddy, thanks for your reply. You have really calmed me down.
So we can continue then with the pics I just took from my last glimpse of stupidity.
As some of you might be able to notice, and I might need some suggestions on this, there are some white spots on my ladies. I already applied neem oil solution and some organic anti insects made locally last watering, but it seems i will need to apply it couple more times. I do not know what insects are infesting my grow exactly, i think these are signs of aphids?! Or is it whiteflies?
I hope the pics are hi res enough for you guys to look for the white dots. Otherwise i am going to take a pinpoint pic of these white spots. At first i thought it was my cigs ashes flying, but after several attempts to remove it and it just wouldnt go, these are definitely not my cigs ashes.
420-magazine-mobile470762457.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile1168327947.jpg

MySe #3
420-magazine-mobile1165275793.jpg

Group pic
420-magazine-mobile1413211056.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile2060895414.jpg

Misty Kush
420-magazine-mobile1712648805.jpg

MySe #1. It experienced some deficiencies and was yellowing and after some nutes hits, it has already bounced back
420-magazine-mobile835057255.jpg

AK48
420-magazine-mobile212552066.jpg

MySe #4
420-magazine-mobile317553677.jpg

Haze x Kali China
420-magazine-mobile1684837339.jpg

Group pic #2
420-magazine-mobile1509482342.jpg

My lights

If you haven't flipped the lights to 12/12 I don't think you've done any damage at all. My understanding is a possible side effect of turning the lights on during the dark period while flowering is turning hermie - having some male pollen sacks.

I asked the same thing in my current grow as this is the first time I'm growing a photo plant. All my others were autos. Like yourself, I thought I was going to have a tough time staying away from looking at them during the dark period. I've gotten used to it with the lights going from 11am to 11pm.

Also, based on the pictures, the amount of light is similar to the moon so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Seem to be doing fine otherwise :Namaste:

Thanks for the pep talk, golfer. Surely has given me more peace of mind.
So on to my next concern. Here are the white dots pics and some more manifestation which i dont quite recognize as in whether it is deficiencies or insects
420-magazine-mobile704320203.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1781449851.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1335181366.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1767507446.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1521923078.jpg

420-magazine-mobile452925696.jpg

420-magazine-mobile764729429.jpg

420-magazine-mobile873115870.jpg

I gave them neem and organic pesticide solution after taking pic. I thought it would be just the perfect timing because ill be watering them tmrw or the day after so it is gonna rinse off the soap in the neem solution. Just 1.5L across them all. I also tried to get them wet underneath them leaves. The young ones were only sprayed just the right amount, while the mature ladies get the most of it.

Nice. Ive seen the first one, but second and third are new to me and very helpful too. Amazing. Thanks, AngryBird!

You are welcome :)
I look at them every day "to get familiar" with the signs.. since I panicked my first time... Just good to have around..

Thanks for the excellent link there golfer. I just finished reading it all. I think I have 2 or 3 bugs which are aphid, spidermites and whiteflies. But after last application of Neem and organic pesticide solution I noticed just now that there are almost none to be spotted.
I just did this weekends watering. I water once a week and todays solution consists of grow more 32-10-10, seaweed extract, organic foliar fertilizer, CaNO3. Mix was calibrated so I used less than if I were to use only one of them. Total volume of solution was 6L plus one more time of 1L solution of neem and org. pesticide. I am planning to water once more tmrw with 3L of plain water to rinse it off. A total of 10L of watering is actually less for all these 5x 20L smartpots, 2x 12L plastic pots and 1x 5L plastic pots (smaller pots are where the young ones reside).
Here are pics of them
420-magazine-mobile5621486.jpg

MySe #3
420-magazine-mobile101985776.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile1830809.jpg

AK48
420-magazine-mobile2026229508.jpg

MySe#4
420-magazine-mobile1749150253.jpg

Haze x Kali China
420-magazine-mobile964692405.jpg

Misty Kush
420-magazine-mobile1191211115.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile579172605.jpg

MySe#1

they perked up just nicely.. thought it was a bug... glad you sprayed. Just try to find some ladybugs.. they love aphids

I think the neem and org pesticide are driving some leaves to wither. I quickly rinsed them off. The organic pesticide solution may have been applied a little too much. I suppose that would mean a little setback. They are exactly a week before my planned flip. Next week is defoliation time and time to bomb all ive got on them, i feel. Seaweed extract, molasses, fish emulsion, cano3, mgso4, foliar fert, black humic acid and for last time grow more veg macro fert 32-10-10

yeah mate all good on the light but dont do it in flower or you will f them up .

make sure you kill those spider mites look under leaves for the little pricks and thier eggs look low in your plant ,plants next to walls or on edges of grow will be affected worst.

Yeah already cleaned em up, but neem and org pesticide f'd my plants lil bit so i am going to let them be and hope for some predators...i think i may have overdone the neem and org pesticide a bit. Will lower the amount should I need to apply it again later. One week before flip, they are looking great. Need them to run fast for this last week. So excited to flip them. Wooohooo. Cant hardly wait.

Guys, quick question. I am so excited about flipping that I have been preparing the timing of things. So my plan is to do heavy defoliation as I read somewhere on the timing for heavy defol is right before flip. So I am planning to defoliate heavily this Friday and then water them two times on Friday and the next day. And then ultimately setting the light to 6.30AM to 5.30PM. 11hrs in total because I am going to rely more on the sunlight so I do not want to light them longer than the sun does. As you have probably found out before in the beginning of this thread, my lights, set from 6AM to 12AM midnight are actually meant to make sure they are on 18/6 and to add extra light intensity. The lights are quite okay but not as crazy in wattage compared to fellow growers here. My wattage only amounts to 397w rated, maybe actually less im not so sure, consisting of:
1x 25w cornled croled 6500k
2x 18w philips led 6500k
2x 14w philips led 3000k
1x 135w no name cfl 5500k
1x 65w cfl philips hi lumens 6500k
Grow LED diy panel of 36x 1w epistar
Grow LED diy panel of 24x 3w luxeon

LOL I wandered off...so my question is whether my timing for defol, watering with full fertilization and then flipping okay. Friday heavy defol and half watering, Saturday the rest of watering and then lastly flipping to 12/12 on Sunday. Thanks in advance, guys.

My two cents....the plan looks fine. I wouldn't fixate on the watering changes. Only three weeks into my flipping the lights but I didn't do anything special with watering/feeding. Just kept doing it the same way. The defoil makes sense to do before flipping as I was told that after flipping the trimming should be done sparingly.

My light is on from 11 to 11. I have given up on the before work check and only tend to them when I'm home at night from work.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom