Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

Awesome job on the harvest!!:bravo: The bud hanging looks top notch!:welldone::high-five:
Thanks man! The life of this plant was pretty interesting. Started as a seed, with another plant with an intent to be mothers. I knocked the tip of the taproot off of the other one when placing it in a Rapid Rooter, so that plant grew well, but couldnt compete with this plant and was removed. The plan was to monster crop these plants, then clone them and do a hydro SOG grow. I wasn't trying to continue the flower from monster cropping, I wanted to see the unusual growth that tends to show up. It was an interesting idea I felt, but the clones took a much longer time than usual to start, and there was a heavy attrition rate. I needed at least 14 to fill the SOG. I only got a few clones and they went out to friends. None of the friends had much success. They didnt know what to do with the funny looking pot plants as they arent farmers. So I ended up keeping 1 clone.
A lanky little plant that ended up growing to more than 4 feet across in the scrog... my hydro plant now.

So after the cloning disaster, I kept the mothers alive, but I didnt want them to grow. So a light feeding once and a while and low light. it wasn't a happy life for them.
I decided to send them to flower and end the project completely.
But the two mothers weren't doing well and needed to be brought out of their coma. I super cropped the taller of the two and set up a scrog.
. Once the larger plant found second gear it grew very thick and super dense. I trimmed smaller branches and tons of leaves over the life of the plant to keep it breathing. At one point it was obvious that the smaller plant would never do well in this situation due to the size of its neighbor, so it got pulled.

Left all alone the larger plant did pretty good. Buds came along, and a strong sweet smell showed up. Now it time for the next evolution of this plant... A slow dry and a long cure. If anybody is in town in a couple weeks let's burn one.

Coming down to the wire on my "best" old bud. I found a nice bud of Strawberry Banana. I pulled the top off it.... been saving the best part of this season's flowers cause i was running out.

So I shove the bud in the bowl and took a hit... it tasted like an armpit. This strain can have afruity taste and sometimes it goes kinda musky. This bud went straight to armpit.

I'm putting Right Guard in my bong water from here on out

Nice harvest so far!
Thank you sir!! It wasn't bad for this strain which isnt known for quantity. I always have an issue getting the humidity right when I dry. This times it's going pretty well, but I will be jaring it up in a day or two.

Thanks again man! One one more to go then its Wembley time. I havent had a new strain in a really long time.... I cant wait!

Thank you sir!! It wasn't bad for this strain which isnt known for quantity. I always have an issue getting the humidity right when I dry. This times it's going pretty well, but I will be jaring it up in a day or two.

Thanks again man! One one more to go then its Wembley time. I havent had a new strain in a really long time.... I cant wait!

Quality over quantity anyday!
Will you be drying traditional method or fridge?

My shed has been a great place to grow. I could never do it in my house or garage. So, I have been thinking about making my area a bit bigger.

Right now I'm just using the South side from the peak of the roof to the edge of the shed. Only about 7 feet. Which makes my grow area only about 6 feet wide. The depth cant change, its 12 feet. But what I can do is frame some walls on the "patio" which will technically add about 7 feet, doubling the space. I would gain 3 feet inside the present situation and the 4 feet that makes up the patio. Let's take a closer look...

You can see the patio. Imagine a door here and insulated walls wrapping the patio. The big black thing covering the window is the hood to my car

From this view you can see two things. The man door on the patio, and a seriously fucked up roof. The roof has been the issue. Basically the reason I never put anything important on this side. It blew off in one of our Santa Ana wind storms. Peeled it off like fruit cup lid one night. So the North side of the shed leaks like a sphylitic whore.

I've had this shed for quite a while... since 2014? I smoke pot so I cant remember. I had it built for quads and motorcycles. The funny part is the quads dont fit through the backyard gate, so that didnt work. Long story short the people that built it are coming back Monday to fix the pissy roof So now that I'm poor as fuck and I want to do this.

Here are a couple pics showing the inside looking through the man door. When you look inside you can see 800 square feet of slate (at the left) that needs to be moved again. Weve had this shit for probably 15 years. I vowed more that once to never move it again.

Theres another door on the inside which keeps wierd colored lights from the grow room escaping when I open the outside door at night. And then the growroom door open you can see the closet and finally the hydro (kinda)

This could lead to all kinds of options. I would gain another closet. I can turn my work bench into something. etc. I could add 2 more pots to my hydro. That would be killer. It would be fun to shoot for 4 4 pound plants.

Downsides may be a need for a bigger AC. More lights, etc.

I dont know when/if I'll ever do this. I may run out of power to do it right, but even if just add on pot, that would be great. Another new development... I get to chop down 2 of my neighbors trees, a 45 foot pine and a slightly shorter queen palm that are shading my solar panels

That looks like it would be a pretty easy build!! Everything’s there you just need to build the walls. Sounds like a great idea
It would be easier than what I've already done, but I'm pooooooor...

I would love to have 4 buckets, a 90 gallon RDWC. I could easily gro 8 plants without too much crowding. But I've been looking for the Gen Hydro grow rig I've used for my system and I'm not sure they still make it. Pretty sure I cant find just the pots to buy, I'd have to buy the whole thing. I could use Rubber Made totes, but it wouldnt match.

I guess I would have to use Q Boards for the least expensive lighting. Maybe 12 boards or so on just the hydro.. I've pulled a little over 1500watts total for just lighting in the past. I have a 15amp circuit and a 20 amp for all the pumps, fans, AC, lights, etc.

So I'm off to buy lottery tickets.

So how does it feel to win all the contests? Do we have to kiss the ring now? Haha. I'll win one someday... but I'm gonna whine like a little girl till I do. Cheers man. Thanks for popping in!

So the buds a are dry. I dont have the humidity in a jar yet but the little stems are crackin. The weight seems kinda high, but there are some fairly large stems on them still... I'm calling it 5oz..
no record breaker, but this strain just doesnt put out tons of bud. The hydro plant will put out more, but it's a much larger plant, and I'm honestly not sure it will be any better quality wise.

Some random pics...

Back
Top Bottom