Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

I love Europe. I've been lucky enough to visit Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Holland, The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Corsica, Sicily, and France. Granted, Corsica is part of France and Sicily is Italy.

I REALLY like Vancouver Island its amazing. I think I could live there without any issues. It's very European. I would love to take the train from Nova Scotia to Vancouver someday. I want to count the trees.

I'm with you. The history, and architecture really make Europe interesting. My wife and I took a cruise. We landed at Davinci airport and went immediately to the boat... no sight seeing yet. Our first landing was in Corsica. My wife kept seeing numbers on the buildings, 1678, 1623, 1736, she didnt realise they were building dates, not addresses.

We dont really have history like that. I was in Salzberg and got to eat at (arguably) the old restaurant in the world, it's from the 8th century, an old monestary. Not sure what North America was up to back then but it wasn't bed and breakfast inns. It's funny. My friends have no interest in traveling. They are all about building fast cars and work. It's expensive, and it doesnt last long enough, but I think seeing places like Pompaii, or Innsbruck, or Amsterdam is important. It's good to talk to someone who even shows an interest. Hopefully someday you can see it. When I win POTM I'm gonna use the prize money to go back!
I love old architecture, it’s so neat. I build/ work in new/old buildings everyday... I see what it takes to build modernized buildings. It’s just so damn interesting how they built buildings centuries ago. It’s actually kinda beautiful in a way.

a lot of my friends are big into hunting, or working on vehicles. I never did good in mechanics, I mean I understand the main fundamentals of it, just was never too interested in it. I’ve never hunted a day in my life, and I’ve never put any time and effort into getting my hunting license or any courses. All I ever do is work and be a dad.

when I was younger, I was obviously a skate boarder right. So I loved the rebellious lifestyle. Constantly got in trouble... assault charge here, thefts charges there, back to assaut, back to theft... then I found drugs.... I was big into party drugs. I loved to party.

met my gf and eventually quit the drugs, eventually quit the drinking/partying. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still drink socially, but never just sit at home and drink by my self. Last time I drank was, I had a beer with my dad at Christmas time.

I own a boat. I love boating and fishing, I just come to the realization yesterday though, that I think I need to sell my boat. With all the renovations around the house I need/want to do, I don’t have The time or money to maintain my boat. Ohh well!

The last roof tiles blew off quite a while ago on a windy night. So it's only been OSB sheets... not exactly weather proof. I had them glue and nail the shit out of the shingles and add some nails.
I know In Alberta, that wouldn’t pass inspection, having nails on the outside of the top flap of the shingles. It’s an entrance for water. Out here, we would pull the nail out, put a dab of water Proof caulking then drive the nail back in the same hole. Regulations might be different in California but here if a roofer drove nails into the shingles like that, they would be fired so fucking fast lol

I love old architecture, it’s so neat. I build/ work in new/old buildings everyday... I see what it takes to build modernized buildings. It’s just so damn interesting how they built buildings centuries ago. It’s actually kinda beautiful in a way.

a lot of my friends are big into hunting, or working on vehicles. I never did good in mechanics, I mean I understand the main fundamentals of it, just was never too interested in it. I’ve never hunted a day in my life, and I’ve never put any time and effort into getting my hunting license or any courses. All I ever do is work and be a dad.

when I was younger, I was obviously a skate boarder right. So I loved the rebellious lifestyle. Constantly got in trouble... assault charge here, thefts charges there, back to assaut, back to theft... then I found drugs.... I was big into party drugs. I loved to party.

met my gf and eventually quit the drugs, eventually quit the drinking/partying. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still drink socially, but never just sit at home and drink by my self. Last time I drank was, I had a beer with my dad at Christmas time.

I own a boat. I love boating and fishing, I just come to the realization yesterday though, that I think I need to sell my boat. With all the renovations around the house I need/want to do, I don’t have The time or money to maintain my boat. Ohh well!

I know In Alberta, that wouldn’t pass inspection, having nails on the outside of the top flap of the shingles. It’s an entrance for water. Out here, we would pull the nail out, put a dab of water Proof caulking then drive the nail back in the same hole. Regulations might be different in California but here if a roofer drove nails into the shingles like that, they would be fired so fucking fast lol
I think that would be cool, to work on old stuff. I would like to be a master at something... building ornate cornices, or decorative plaster, something no one does anymore.

Sounds like your priorities are in order. Kids. Always the kids. There is nothing better than helping a child pull their firs blue gill. I would love a boat, but these days the launch ramp is tied up with 30+ foot off shore racing boats that cost more than a few high end European cars. I do love boating though. Did a lot of skiing as a young man.

I was all about the rebellious thing when I was younger. My Mom divorced my Dad when I was 11. She married a prick a year later who had his own urban terrorist. The son and I became best friends, he was a couple years older. We drank every chance we could. Smoked pot with him first, etc. When I was 17 I had it with step dad, and told him I was gonna drag him outside and fuck him up. I was much bigger than he was, but he had the power... I was about to take it away from him. I'm in the front yard and he comes out with his .45. He wasn't gonna do anything. The gun made him feel better. Long story short. Mom came home right then and flipped the fuck out. She pushed him in the house and told me to leave. This was a catalyst for life in the counter culture. I live in San Berardino County, so I've done some drugs. I got arrested on acid, that was a real treat. My drug is alcohol. I drank a 30 pack of beer or a fifth of vodka a day. If I could control myself I would love to go back. But I'm all or nothing. I wouldnt touch a 6 pack because it's no where near enough... doesnt make sense to start. I would always be the first one with a cup and the last one up. I cant have tequila.

My wife said she couldnt do it anymore and I quit. Shes a special lady, and i wasnt gonna fuck that up. This was 2012. Weve been together almost 25 years.

We have some things in common!

I gave up booze in 2005 for the exact same reasons
Its awful on a family. Glad to hear you quit. I cant even imagine the trouble I would get into here if I was thrashed

Gotta be a connection there somewhere. Lol
Had to show that to the wifey... I wasnt ready for that.

I have some theories. Meet you at Chili's. We'll figure it all out! Ha ha

We don’t need the rain here so I’ll send you ours.
We could use it. We are in the middle of something called an "atmospheric river". It drives me nuts to hear a reporter in a rubber jacket say how hard its raining in Southern California. I had never seen REAL rain till I was in high school. I flew to New York... when we landed I was watching the rain out the window. I had never seen so much water falling out of the sky. We dont really get rain.

Since I started written this, look what happened. Ha ha!

That’s crazy, we just take rain as a given.
I like the rain. Makes everything green. That's why I like the North West. The moss on everything, the ferns and such. I would much rather have rain.

2 bad things are a given for California. A major earthquake that will change the way think about earthquakes, and drought. Los Angeles steals all its water from the Owen's Valley. I live in the foothills so we get water from the mountain, but if we dont get snow it can be a problem

I think that would be cool, to work on old stuff. I would like to be a master at something... building ornate cornices, or decorative plaster, something no one does anymore.

Sounds like your priorities are in order. Kids. Always the kids. There is nothing better than helping a child pull their firs blue gill. I would love a boat, but these days the launch ramp is tied up with 30+ foot off shore racing boats that cost more than a few high end European cars. I do love boating though. Did a lot of skiing as a young man.

I was all about the rebellious thing when I was younger. My Mom divorced my Dad when I was 11. She married a prick a year later who had his own urban terrorist. The son and I became best friends, he was a couple years older. We drank every chance we could. Smoked pot with him first, etc. When I was 17 I had it with step dad, and told him I was gonna drag him outside and fuck him up. I was much bigger than he was, but he had the power... I was about to take it away from him. I'm in the front yard and he comes out with his .45. He wasn't gonna do anything. The gun made him feel better. Long story short. Mom came home right then and flipped the fuck out. She pushed him in the house and told me to leave. This was a catalyst for life in the counter culture. I live in San Berardino County, so I've done some drugs. I got arrested on acid, that was a real treat. My drug is alcohol. I drank a 30 pack of beer or a fifth of vodka a day. If I could control myself I would love to go back. But I'm all or nothing. I wouldnt touch a 6 pack because it's no where near enough... doesnt make sense to start. I would always be the first one with a cup and the last one up. I cant have tequila.

My wife said she couldnt do it anymore and I quit. Shes a special lady, and i wasnt gonna fuck that up. This was 2012. Weve been together almost 25 years.

We have some things in common!
I love anything that has adrenaline connected to it. I’m a bit of an adrenaline junky. Sure have slowed down though. Just no time for all the fun things I like to do anymore. #DadLife!

my adrenaline back in the day, was running from the cops. I’ve out run more cops then I’ve been arrested... and I’ve been arrested A Lot!

Ive never taken acid before, heard a lot of funny stories about that stuff... just never had the chance. My drug of choice was coke, but I was happy with ecstasy/MDMA, and the booze to go with that... ohhh boy! The large amounts of booze that went with it... just makes me sick thinking about the amounts of booze I drank. Good times... but I do, not miss those days. I’m much happier now then I ever was.

ive been put in a lot of crappy situations, in which my best of friends have gone as far as breaking into my mother’s house when I was young, and robbing anything they could get their hands on. The cops never proved or found out who did it. But I know, I know who did it. I’m a product of my own environment, and it takes a lot for me to trust someone. Even to this day, there is only maybe a small hand full of people I trust.

my mom and dad split up when I was 18 months old, and never really had a male figure in my life. The only male figure I had, was very rude and demeaning to my mother. I didn’t see my real dad very much. Don’t get me wrong, I saw him but maybe one weekend out of a month (if that).

tequila?

as I cringe.

i was big in that crap. Was doing shot for shot with my wife at the bar the night I got my dui. What would be almost 9 years ago now. That didn’tdetour me, A couple weeks later I was drinking some tequila called “tarantula”. Ended up fighting with the gf and left. I woke up at my mother house, although it was pitch black in the room, so I thought I was at work. Laying on a stack of drywall. Leaned over the edge and started vomiting. Went back to sleep. Woke up and some light was coming in the Sides of the window. I soon realized I was at my mothers house. Tried to go back to sleep and then realized I puked off the side of the bed. So I struggled to clean that up, ya... good times. That was the last time I drank that stuff!

Its actually raining! I've only seen this in the movies. Fascinating...
The rain/lightning storms we get in Alberta are awesome! But we have to deal with 9 months of winter first lol.

I love anything that has adrenaline connected to it. I’m a bit of an adrenaline junky. Sure have slowed down though. Just no time for all the fun things I like to do anymore. #DadLife!

my adrenaline back in the day, was running from the cops. I’ve out run more cops then I’ve been arrested... and I’ve been arrested A Lot!

Ive never taken acid before, heard a lot of funny stories about that stuff... just never had the chance. My drug of choice was coke, but I was happy with ecstasy/MDMA, and the booze to go with that... ohhh boy! The large amounts of booze that went with it... just makes me sick thinking about the amounts of booze I drank. Good times... but I do, not miss those days. I’m much happier now then I ever was.

ive been put in a lot of crappy situations, in which my best of friends have gone as far as breaking into my mother’s house when I was young, and robbing anything they could get their hands on. The cops never proved or found out who did it. But I know, I know who did it. I’m a product of my own environment, and it takes a lot for me to trust someone. Even to this day, there is only maybe a small hand full of people I trust.

my mom and dad split up when I was 18 months old, and never really had a male figure in my life. The only male figure I had, was very rude and demeaning to my mother. I didn’t see my real dad very much. Don’t get me wrong, I saw him but maybe one weekend out of a month (if that).

tequila?

as I cringe.

i was big in that crap. Was doing shot for shot with my wife at the bar the night I got my dui. What would be almost 9 years ago now. That didn’tdetour me, A couple weeks later I was drinking some tequila called “tarantula”. Ended up fighting with the gf and left. I woke up at my mother house, although it was pitch black in the room, so I thought I was at work. Laying on a stack of drywall. Leaned over the edge and started vomiting. Went back to sleep. Woke up and some light was coming in the Sides of the window. I soon realized I was at my mothers house. Tried to go back to sleep and then realized I puked off the side of the bed. So I struggled to clean that up, ya... good times. That was the last time I drank that stuff!

The rain/lightning storms we get in Alberta are awesome! But we have to deal with 9 months of winter first lol.

I'm the same way. When I was a kid it was all about the stories. The bigger the better. All my friends were the same way. My step father reloaded, and he fancied himself a builder. So, I had a metal lathe, welding equipment, drill press , belt sander, and all sorts of metal tube, etc in the garage. When he wasnt looking we were building pipe bombs. That was so much fun.

As for acid... I have taken it a few times. It can be the best high, but if you're a negative person it's not for you. My roommate and I went to the Dead show one weekend the first day we just hung out in the parking lot and bought 3 or 4 different kinds of acid. Most of which was bunk. The next day we got in and slow roasted on a 100 degree soccer field while the band played. The day after that we baked and went to a beach called 1000 Steps in Laguna. Long story short, I almost drowned, but it was still one of the funniest days I've ever had. SO MUCH FUN

I was never a coke person. I had done crystal meth before coke and didnt see the point. I've not done MDMA. It's all over the place, but I just dont do that anymore. I'm gonna come up with a new drug. It will last 10 hours like acid, make fuck like a beast similar to crystal, you can vape it so "no one will know", and comes in 25 pound bags. I'm gonna call it CRUD. "I just filled my head with crud, I gotta find a woman quick!" That's the marketing slogan, should work great in this PC environment.

Damn dude. I'm not sure what I would do if my friends burned me like that. It has to be tough.

I was the only white guy at a Mexican bachelor party in Tiajuana. Tiajuana is the mexican boarder town right next to San Diego. It's about 2 hours from where I am. It's a rough town. I was there on one occasion... we are at a strip club getting hammered and a rather large "stripper" took the stage. There was a white guy passed out and his head is resting on the stage. She walked up and kicked him in the face. I guess she only works solo. This is just a tiny example of what goes down there. It gets so much worse. The police are the worst part.

So a female cousin decided to marry a Hispanic gentleman. He and i got along pretty well so I was invited to his bachelor party which was in TJ. In the bars they do this thing where they wrap your head in a towel, blow a whistle in your ear as they shove a bottle of tequila in your mouth. Since i was the only white guy there you can imagine how these fuckers wanted to thrash the odd man out. Last thing i remember was looking for a donkey show. Apparently, at one point they had to carry me which got old se we left. I COMPLETELY redecorated that little car on the ways home. 5 people in a Toyota on a 2 hour drive with one projectile vomiting. That was a 2 day hangover... fun fun fun

I would love to see one of your crazy storms. I'd really like to see a hurricane. I dont want to be one of the assholes in an armor plated Nissan Sentra "chasing" storms. But I'd like to see the craziness... why not, I dont drink anymore

Back
Top Bottom