Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

Oh yeah, in the upper right of your computer screen, look for the "User CP" link. You can accept friends there.

i think you meant upper left corner.

also,

from my understanding. . . but i don't go this route,

if you take a clone in flower it tends to root faster, but then takes time to revert to veg. so it could develop trichs still, after you clone.

i shy away from cloning in flower, it makes for an easier cycle, but stresses the plant. after a few generations (if the plant is not very hardy) you may see the effects of the back and forth action. maybe not though, depends on other things including plant genetics.

your cam has an HPS setting? or just a color setting like 6500k or 2300k. i just have the color spectrum corrections on mine.

:welcome: MF. if you are new, this journal is a great place to strat if you want to scrog, but munki has a gren thumb. . . most paople do not see this kind of success within 6 months of their first grow. realistic expectations usually leads to happier results, so just putting that out there.

:cheer::goodjob: MUNKI :cheer:

i think you meant upper left corner.

also,

from my understanding. . . but i don't go this route,

if you take a clone in flower it tends to root faster, but then takes time to revert to veg. so it could develop trichs still, after you clone.

i shy away from cloning in flower, it makes for an easier cycle, but stresses the plant. after a few generations (if the plant is not very hardy) you may see the effects of the back and forth action. maybe not though, depends on other things including plant genetics.

your cam has an HPS setting? or just a color setting like 6500k or 2300k. i just have the color spectrum corrections on mine.

:welcome: MF. if you are new, this journal is a great place to strat if you want to scrog, but munki has a gren thumb. . . most paople do not see this kind of success within 6 months of their first grow. realistic expectations usually leads to happier results, so just putting that out there.

:cheer::goodjob: MUNKI :cheer:

DOH1 Yes I meant upper LEFT!

The cuttings I took and put into my wick cloner did not root very fast at all. The reason I heard to take clones in early flower was that the clones tended to have shortened internodal lengths. I don't think this carries throughout the plant's life though; more like the first 3 or 4 nodes appear very close together as they all emerged from the early budding site. But as the clone grows, it should revert to an internodal length more defined by its genome (guessing). I do know that one of the clones I first got had this behavior.

I think you have me convinced to attempt a scrog next go around.

Really nice job. :goodjob:

I must learn to clone during flower too - it's such a waste to let the random good badseed plants die out with only one generation.

Thanks for putting up a great journal munki. :Rasta:

I want to try ScROG myself, I also want a perpetual grow and I have not yet found anyone with a similar set up as mine that ScROGs perpetually. I dont know if anyone has seen the 2,000 dollar wheel. Now that is something I could give a try, SCROG and have a perpetual grow with. If I have just not found this journal or site( I am a noob too, 3 months into my journey) please someone point me in the right direction.

Munki that screen looks amazing, one of the best looking ScROG grows I have stumbled upon yet. Great Job!!!

Musik \\\vVv/// :nicethread: :roorrip: ;) :goodjob: :Rasta: :popcorn: :grinjoint: :peace:

Great looking plants you have done such a great job. And good job with the clones I have had zero luck cloning flowering plants. Again great job...

I want to try ScROG myself, I also want a perpetual grow and I have not yet found anyone with a similar set up as mine that ScROGs perpetually. I dont know if anyone has seen the 2,000 dollar wheel. Now that is something I could give a try, SCROG and have a perpetual grow with. If I have just not found this journal or site( I am a noob too, 3 months into my journey) please someone point me in the right direction.

Munki that screen looks amazing, one of the best looking ScROG grows I have stumbled upon yet. Great Job!!!

Musik \\\vVv/// :nicethread: :roorrip: ;) :goodjob: :Rasta: :popcorn: :grinjoint: :peace:

Sir, you have a PM.

I think you have me convinced to attempt a scrog next go around.

Really nice job. :goodjob:

I must learn to clone during flower too - it's such a waste to let the random good badseed plants die out with only one generation.

Thanks for putting up a great journal munki. :Rasta:

Great looking plants you have done such a great job. And good job with the clones I have had zero luck cloning flowering plants. Again great job...

Guys, I didn't find it too difficult to clone them. Difficulty could be attributed to strain. Please check out my thread on the Wick cloner as it shows how my cuttings did. It was not fast but it works well.

Wick Cloner: simple, cheap and effective

I am honored that you find my initial grow attempt successful enough to emulate.

Guys, I didn't find it too difficult to clone them. Difficulty could be attributed to strain. Please check out my thread on the Wick cloner as it shows how my cuttings did. It was not fast but it works well.
Wick Cloner: simple, cheap and effective

I am honored that you find my initial grow attempt successful enough to emulate.

ok im on my first grow also, i have had 100% success with clones so far. all ive done is cut the middle of the stem and shave the this outside layer off w/ a razor blade dip in Rootone, and place in rockwool. RW had been presoked in weak nute solution & pH'd water. moist but not dripping wet. kept in jiffy dome. 100% success with 16 clones so far. ive given a fellow grower a few for a smoke down afterwards. :roorrip::Rasta:

ok im on my first grow also, i have had 100% success with clones so far. all ive done is cut the middle of the stem and shave the this outside layer off w/ a razor blade dip in Rootone, and place in rockwool. RW had been presoked in weak nute solution & pH'd water. moist but not dripping wet. kept in jiffy dome. 100% success with 16 clones so far. ive given a fellow grower a few for a smoke down afterwards. :roorrip::Rasta:

good method.

about scrog, it is great!

i was thinking of scrog to max out my dirt plants, but they would just be too hard to water. the automation of hydro is a must for scrog IMO.

good method.

i was thinking of scrog to max out my dirt plants, but they would just be too hard to water. the automation of hydro is a must for scrog IMO.

Definitely if you pick up your pots to see if you need to water. A small apparatus of pipes and a funnel could channel water to each pot for watering though.

OK. Had some questions about underneath the canopy so I took some pictures and made a small video. YouTube isn't accepting uploads presently, so that will be for tomorrow.

09-14-09_5.JPG

09-14-09_6.JPG

09-14-09_7.JPG

09-14-09_8.JPG

Definitely if you pick up your pots to see if you need to water. A small apparatus of pipes and a funnel could channel water to each pot for watering though.

true, and i can just tell when they need water, i dont pick up my pots, and you could always get one of those backpacks with a wand for like 50 bucks at home depot, would make it easier to water. but i think i will chose the easier rout and lst. that way i can still move them around as i please.

mmmm.

beautiful underside, i see some prime pickins for samplers when its time to test readyness!!! that will be the taste to whet your appetite.

like sampling fine wine but used to pick best smoke for your personal tastes. best part of growing to me.

good method.

mmmm.

beautiful underside, i see some prime pickins for samplers when its time to test readyness!!! that will be the taste to whet your appetite.

like sampling fine wine but used to pick best smoke for your personal tastes. best part of growing to me.

the problem with a hydro scrog/ no dwcs, you couldnt change the res youd need a pump to fill and drain oh wait then you might as well do what MUNKI has dome so beautifully.

the 1st pic is the money shot. gotts love the under the skirt shots.

yes when you do taste let us know. ofcourse.
+ rep if i can yet

Hell yea. I like the videos. Feel like I'm there with u. That looks like that's gonna be tight in about a month. I wanna c how tall the colas get under the 400W. Keep it up!

They have been in late flower for a while now. Growth is practically non-existent; a tall bud to the far right of the canopy I measure a lot has only grown 1/2 inch taller in two weeks. It is all just about fattening up the buds before the thrips get too bad. The leaf damage they cause is accumulating but the plants are so healthy that they just shrug them off. While shooting pics of the underside last night, my hair brushed up against the underside of the leaves and buds a couple of times. Just a little bit but when I got up this morning, my wife remarked that I totally smelled like weed. I could smell it too. Also this morning I tried to push a bud off of the wire screen a bit. Smelled my fingers and it made me cough. The smell was so strong that it nearly put me to the floor. I love the smell of weed but I may need to wear a breathing apparatus when harvesting. I don't know how PitViper handled his huge harvest without passing out.

Back
Top Bottom