Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

I may a bit slow on the uptake, but I just stumbled on this video. It is from a couple of years ago. Though it is preaching to the choir, I recommend viewing it and sharing it with others that may be on the fence about medical marijuana. It is easier to download the movie on the left side and view it locally on your PC. Big download 700MB. It is about a guy in Nova Scotia and his hemp oil product he gave away to sick people and everything that happened to him for assisting his countrymen.

Full movie is here
RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Parts 1 to 7)

They have been in late flower for a while now. Growth is practically non-existent; a tall bud to the far right of the canopy I measure a lot has only grown 1/2 inch taller in two weeks. It is all just about fattening up the buds before the thrips get too bad. The leaf damage they cause is accumulating but the plants are so healthy that they just shrug them off. While shooting pics of the underside last night, my hair brushed up against the underside of the leaves and buds a couple of times. Just a little bit but when I got up this morning, my wife remarked that I totally smelled like weed. I could smell it too. Also this morning I tried to push a bud off of the wire screen a bit. Smelled my fingers and it made me cough. The smell was so strong that it nearly put me to the floor. I love the smell of weed but I may need to wear a breathing apparatus when harvesting. I don't know how PitViper handled his huge harvest without passing out.

yes i did the same thing, touched the bottom of a bud, and goddamn it was so pungent..

when do you plan on harvesting? im thinking i have 1 week of nutes & 2 weeks of plain water then let the soil dry out before the big axe:roorrip:

yes i did the same thing, touched the bottom of a bud, and goddamn it was so pungent..

when do you plan on harvesting? im thinking i have 1 week of nutes & 2 weeks of plain water then let the soil dry out before the big axe:roorrip:

I put an original estimate of an 8 week flower (56 days). My plants are about to awaken to day 41, so 2 weeks and a day to go.

I put an original estimate of an 8 week flower (56 days). My plants are about to awaken to day 41, so 2 weeks and a day to go.

56 day flower time. im on flower day 71. still only like 1/3 red hairs. and only some milky trichs

Wow your scrog is kicking some butt now. I too was concerned about taking off too much veg at once and stressing the plants. Proof is in the pics though, nice work.

JC

56 day flower time. im on flower day 71. still only like 1/3 red hairs. and only some milky trichs

The hairs changing is not supposed to really indicate much except that it is a good time to start checking the trichs. The time is merely an estimate; my grow could go 1 week or even more. The leaves look like a sativa but other growth characteristics show that it isn't a pure sativa. Just guesses until I find the true harvest date.

Wow your scrog is kicking some butt now. I too was concerned about taking off too much veg at once and stressing the plants. Proof is in the pics though, nice work.

JC

I'm glad my grow could be a proof of concept regarding some of my choices. Thanks for stopping by my journal jcool.

Just going to throw a couple of bud shots. Starting flower day 41, and a pic for each plant. I really think they are the same strain, but show a differing phenotype. There are too many similarities to be different strains. Thank goodness as it will make my difficult harvest a bit easier. The first pic is a bud getting a decent dose of the UV radiation. I just stepped up the dose level again to 90 minutes x 3 per day totaling 4.5 hours a day.

09-15-09_1.JPG

09-15-09_2.JPG

Munkiman, your shit looks so awesome. Nice going Munk.

Thanks man. I always appreciate the positive feedback, but it means even more when coming from accomplished growers such as yourself. Let's me know I'm doing something right.

lookin nice.+rep if i can yet

i know youre just guessing on the harvest date. im just throwing it out there that im on flower day 71 and i anticipate a min. of 3 more weeks.

Right on. Pretty long flower time. Keep your eye on it (like that's a problem :;):)

Is that a heater or a ozone generator behind the setup? I was going to get a ozone generator but was told that it can damage plants....

Its a ion generator and causes no ill effect to the plants....the unit has 6 types of filter including UV for mold and bact. It takes all of the smell out of the room.........not ozone which can harm plants correct.

Its a ion generator and causes no ill effect to the plants....the unit has 6 types of filter including UV for mold and bact. It takes all of the smell out of the room.........not ozone which can harm plants correct.

Would you mind sharing more info on this unit (model,cost,etc)? I am currently looking for an indoor odor control solution.

JC

Sure here yah go....go out to there web site I have one in my grow room and one in my smokin room.

Sourrond Air
units xj-300 sells for just over $100 I belive it covers 3000 sq ft.
s-1000 Ultra this one I beleave was $79 and it works better than the big one so save your money. I think they ship free.and no tax.

just a note I checked and the XJ-300 is on sale for $129 and the S-1000 Ultra is $59 can't beat that .....

Is that a heater or a ozone generator behind the setup? I was going to get a ozone generator but was told that it can damage plants....

Who is this directed at 2wheels? Looks like my thread got a bit hijacked. In the back of my grow room, I just have a tower fan that I suspended sideways to lower the temp at the canopy level. I can get very close to the plants with this method. At least with a 400 watt HPS, I don't see an obvious need to use an air cooled reflector.

i've been looking for a way to control the odor for a sealed room saw the pic on your thread and thought i would find out what you were using. I believe I have come to the conclusion that I will be using a ION generator.

Didn't mean to jack your thread... appologies.

Back
Top Bottom