Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

Not a problem guys. I don't mind the exchange of ideas, I just couldn't figure who you were directing your question to.

Ionisers should not be confused with ozone generators, even though both devices operate in a similar way. Ionisers use electrostatically charged plates to produce positively or negatively charged gas ions that particulate matter sticks to (in an effect similar to static electricity).

Ozone generators are optimised to attract an extra oxygen ion to an O2 molecule, using either a corona discharge tube or UV light. Even the best ionisers will produce a small amount of ozone, and ozone generators will produce gaseous ions of molecules other than ozone.

i dont think either way is the best way to remove odor. id much rather get a carbon filter.

what up munki.

passing time waiting for some more bud-a-licious photo sessions.

I use a carbon filter on a couple of crops, but later added a ozone generator (ORN-jr). I use to have a slight smell near the grow area. After adding the ozone generator the smell was gone! I place the unit in the top of the grow area and I harvested a crop simular to my last two. I had some concerns with using an ozone generator, but the unit I have turns on/off every 10 minutes.

By the way, I placed a ion/air filter system near the grow area and it did nothing to help with the smell. If you are using a carbon filter and still have a odor issue, consider an ozone generator.

Oh, great thread.

The units I use have 6 filters ,Ion generator, carbon filter, hepa filter, UV light exposer I forget what the other 2 filters but I have 2 of them and both take the oder or smoke out in minets. And my plants grow great using this methed.

Munki, when you follow as many journals as I try to, you sometimes get a little behind. Just caught up and Brother, you're doing a great job.

+rep

Munki, when you follow as many journals as I try to, you sometimes get a little behind. Just caught up and Brother, you're doing a great job.

+rep

NP Southern. Way back on July 12th when I was still new here, you kept me going when I hadn't yet gotten much traffic. I do appreciate the kind words then and I now "pay that forward" by posting and helping newbies here.

what up munki.

passing time waiting for some more bud-a-licious photo sessions.

Didn't want to put up too frequent of updates as the changes are more subtle now. But I will say that they noticeably have gotten fatter in the last 36 hours. I just used a ruler to discover many of the buds would have at least a 1 inch diameter if trimmed up with smaller ones around 3/4 inch diameter.

More pics will go up tonight when they wake up at 8PM local.

Oh, I just wanted to note that I stepped the timing on the UV lamp back just a bit. Now, it runs 80minutes x 3 per day for a total of 4 hours. The pistil hairs near the UV lamp seem to be browning at a higher rate than the rest of the canopy.

Sorry for posting about another subject Munkis, I try to answer as many questions as possable, Good luck on your grow sounds great,I am looking forward to the final product, I'll try not to post on other's journals . Im old and stoned most of the time and it's hard to tell who the question is directed to if the user dosent use the users name in the text.

again best of luck with your grow!

Sorry for posting about another subject Munkis, I try to answer as many questions as possable, Good luck on your grow sounds great,I am looking forward to the final product, I'll try not to post on other's journals . Im old and stoned most of the time and it's hard to tell who the question is directed to if the user dosent use the users name in the text.

again best of luck with your grow!

"Old and Stoned"; that sounds like a good forum name, band or album title.

I'm not too worried about the topic but there are enough posts on it that you should consider starting a thread about the various odor control methods people employ and why. Setup a voting poll with it for ozone, UV, carbon scrubber, and negative ion generator. I'll contribute to that thread.

Had some trouble getting the pics onto my computer last night so here are those pics now. I think this is Flower Day 43 start.

09-18-09_1.JPG

09-18-09_2.JPG

09-18-09_3.JPG

09-18-09_4.JPG

09-18-09_5.JPG

09-18-09_6.JPG

09-18-09_7.JPG

09-18-09_8.JPG

Lookin Good! I use to have a setup just like that , the room had a 6' Hight and I wanted a sea of green. How much longer are you going to flower? milky or amber resin glands?

Lookin Good! I use to have a setup just like that , the room had a 6' Hight and I wanted a sea of green. How much longer are you going to flower? milky or amber resin glands?

Normally I am pretty scientific but the harvest date will be when I feel it is ready. I don't know how else to describe it. A serious evaluation will be done at 8 weeks. Right now, the trichs are getting all swirly with cloudy resins. I tend to like a more uplifting high and I do have a thrips pest issue so harvest will happen earlier rather than later. Does that make sense? This will be my first harvest. Actually, all this has been a first time for me.

Sounds like your right on track...........If there milky I cut it down. If you want a up high.now comes the fun part cutting all them buds out. If your wanting to dry it as one plant you got to cut the chicken wire out from around the buds. Good luck which ever road you take.....I am looking for a post on the final product!

As always your grow looks great. You have done such a great job filling out that screen and those buds look o so wonderful, great jog again...

Back
Top Bottom