My 2nd LED Indoor Grow - White Widow x Big Bud & Assorted Supporting Cast

Hope the Viparspectra works for what you have planned. I dropped a clip-on fan on one of my plants the other day and almost lost it. Thankfully nothing broke, just a lot of bent branches.

Cheers TRA3GO, I'm sure it will do exactly what I expect.
I guess we are all super lucky that cannabis is so resilient and puts up with all our mistreatment. Kind of like the family dog with an inquisitive toddler only a lot more fun to smoke.

One of them went to meet its maker, but the rest are doing fine. On the bright side, there's now a nice little gap to fill and the light can penetrate right to the bottom. I'll update with some pics tonight after they wake up.

Day 66 Pictorial update
Quick One Auto Day 11 of Flower
Day 8 of Flower for the rest

So, mass pic dump time as promised.

I usually take pics from the front of the tent, but they are starting to grow out the door and it is now far easier to take the pics from the side flaps.

From the left flap the plants are as follows:
Left hand front to back are clone #1, WWXBB #2 - the auto topped and most vigorous - clone #3 and the auto back centre. The auto's position depends on where the lights are as I move them both from left to right on a daily basis to give an even spread and the auto is the only one that is mobile and can fully take advantage of both lights.
Right hand front to back are WWXBB#1, clone #2 and WWXBB #3
l2ruse.jpg
l2r1.jpg

l2r.jpg

WWXBB#3
wwbb3.jpg

This pic is taken from the right hand flap of the tent.

r2l.jpg

Of all the clones, #3 is the most vigorous and healthy and I have taken two clones from her, which are now in the greenhouse under natural light along with the rest of the clones. I up potted the 5 WWXBB clones (one from WWXBB#1 and two each from the other two) and the two mystery girl clones and additional WWXBB#3 are still in the humidor for the moment and they are surviving the cold nights.

c255.jpg
c1106.jpg

And now for the auto

a522.jpg
a429.jpg
a343.jpg
a2100.jpg
a1123.jpg

And here is one branch I super cropped last night
supercrop10.jpg

Very early on when the girls were newly installed and on low nutes, I noticed what I took to be a calcium deficiency. As a result, I was keeping a high PH of around 6.3 - 6.4 so they could fully absorb calcium. I kept this regime up for quite a while and noticed the issue was persisting. After much research I discovered that I had misdiagnosed the problem and discovered it was actually a phosphorous deficiency and the high PH was actually contributing to the problem by further locking out phosphorous. I am now trying to maintain a PH somewhere between 5.8 and 6.2.

Here is a pic of one of the affected leaves and this can be seen on the bottom left in WWXBB #1, the least vigorous and spindliest looking of them all. You'll notice the purple stem on the leaf, a classic symptom of phosphorous deficiency

leaf92.jpg

wwbb1leaf.jpg

With the addition of the new light, the temp has only risen slightly, but the RH stays around 77%. Even with two bottles of ice, pulling almost a litre of moisture from the air per day, I can only get the RH down to 65%. This is still too high for my liking so I have been leaving a flap slightly open directly under the skylight. This has solved the RH issue, with RHs between 47 and 50%, but with the cool nights we've been having recently, there is a cold down draught of air which is forcing the smell out under the door. This has caused complaints about the stink so I have resorted to putting an old fashioned draught excluder snake at the bottom of the door to combat this.

Although leaving the flap open a little is only a temporary measure, I can't keep it open all the while the girls are awake as they are up from 7 pm to 7 am and I am not. Consequently, I have to close it before I can go to sleep and they still have to put up with high humidity from then until they wake again (obviously, I can't leave the flap open while they're sleeping)!

A larger extractor fan is a must and I will have to get one asap. I'll have to resort to off loading an ounce to finance this.

It does look white and I'd have no problems taking pics with just that light on. With just the veg switch on on the viparspectra, the light looks very blue and then you notice the red when the bloom is switched on, but in comparison to my other light ...

THAT's

A

LOT

OF

WEED

Keep her going.

I removed my scrog. Much easier !!!

And they can only get bigger :)

I'd say the auto is going to finish a couple of weeks before the rest and even after she's chopped, I still think they are going to come close to filling the tent.

The scrog was perfect for my first grow where I had only one plant, but a pretty big one vegged for 12 weeks, and was perfect for LST for this grow, but it was definitely the right choice to de-scrog them. I'll probably just go SOG next grow with lots of topping and LST.

Are you going to keep up with LST on your grow?

Not sure what I can do with the 2 in the tent besides just tucking the taller flowers under the lower ones to try to keep an even canopy. My tie downs are on the bucket lids but the branches are to long at this point. Probably just let them go and learn something.
When I move the other 2 into the tent I'll throw the scrog on them. They have been LST from the start.

Back
Top Bottom