My 2nd LED Indoor Grow - White Widow x Big Bud & Assorted Supporting Cast

SMH
You Americans don't really get Brit humour, do you?
I said, and I paraphrase, how we deal with adversity defines us as people and it's a shame so many local people had to die ... ah, never mind. If you have to explain a joke ...

I'll be throwing a couple things into flower in the next day or so, watch for some white widow and some critical kush then some more vanilla kush

Nice! I look forward to seeing them, Bignugz.
You know my journal it's now perpetual so it's gonna keep going til I decide to start a new one. I have a hand written one for each plant for clones, I am thinking about getting Co2 dispenser any thought anyone

I'm a little confused by the whole CO2 thing. Oh, I understand plants grow better with a higher concentration of CO2, but to really achieve a consistently higher level, it has to be within a closed system and most of our grow tents are not. Those with HID lighting systems need to vent the heat - out goes the heat, air and CO2. Those with LED lights also vent their systems, but to vent the gasses given off during photosynthesis and draw in fresh air - out goes the CO2.

Am I missing something here?

Hey PW, if you're venting your tent, can you explain to me how you can significantly raise CO2 levels without pumping a ton in there?

Ah, that is different. That is a closed system. It's my understanding that we need to allow fresh air onto our plants and vent the moisture from transpiration and the gases from respiration as a result of photosynthesis. However, cannabis plants also naturally give off CO2 during respiration.

I cant remember the exact cycle but he run co2 like 10 minutes every hour to build up the concentration then the tank would shut off. He tried to maintain 1200ppm. Some people run 1500ppm, you need to run higher temps and more intense lighting than normal or co2 really wont help.

I've been experimenting.

I mentioned previously using ice as a condenser to try and lower humidity. Well, my thermometer/hygrometer finally came in the mail today so I thought i'd finally be able to test my idea. So, when the girls woke up, I opened up the tent to air it and make sure it was at ambient temperature, faffed around a little and left the device in place. The temp was 19.2° C (66.56° F) and a r/h of 65% (it was only 52% outside the tent). I closed it up and allowed it to warm up to 21.8° C (71.2° F) with an r/h of 85% before leaving the gallon bottle of ice in with it.

It's been sitting in there for about an hour now and the water is puddling around the bottom of the bottle. The air temp is now 22° C (71.6° F) and the r/h is now 84%.

As can be seen, my idea has not proven to make much difference yet. I wonder how it would go with another ice bottle?

Back
Top Bottom